Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 1000 pound club

xartic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xartic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xartic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xartic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xartic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xartic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xartic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xartic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xartic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xartic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xartic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

1000 pound club

So there is this club at our school for people who can get a combined weight of 1000 lbs in power clean, squat and bench. So far there are only a couple kids in the club, and they are the good sized football players. I'm a soccer player and i weigh 160 pounds and my total weight of all the lifts combined is only 845 lbs. 275 being bench, 315 squat, and 255 power clean. I haven't really focused on squat much at all this summer but im getting back into the swing of things cause schools starting back up. I was just wondering if you guys think I could make this goal and if there are any suggestions, feel free to tell me. (this is my first post on this forum)

st4life is just really nice. (+1000) st4life is just really nice. (+1000) st4life is just really nice. (+1000) st4life is just really nice. (+1000) st4life is just really nice. (+1000) st4life is just really nice. (+1000) st4life is just really nice. (+1000) st4life is just really nice. (+1000) st4life is just really nice. (+1000) st4life is just really nice. (+1000) st4life is just really nice. (+1000)

Talking

oh **** dude i have the exact same max's on lifts like you....i just think thats crazy, as far as that club, you should attempt it, and use that as your goal so you can get stronger and bigger
    #1 Human in the World

PhoebeusFenix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhoebeusFenix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhoebeusFenix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhoebeusFenix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhoebeusFenix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhoebeusFenix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhoebeusFenix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhoebeusFenix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhoebeusFenix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhoebeusFenix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhoebeusFenix has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    My school has the EXACT same thing. Where are you from?
    Post-Show Growth Log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157769453

Phoeb's Jungle Warfare Log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=847747

ChubbzterTF will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChubbzterTF will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChubbzterTF will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChubbzterTF will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChubbzterTF will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChubbzterTF will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChubbzterTF will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChubbzterTF will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChubbzterTF will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChubbzterTF will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChubbzterTF will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It'll be hard to increase your lifts by that much before the school year ends. An average of 50 lb increase in those 3 are pretty substatial!! But hey, if you eat big, keep lifting the compounds, then yeah it's possible. By the end of it, you may not be exactly the soccer player's physique as much as you are now; you'll prolly be bigger by the time you reach that goal

xartic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xartic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xartic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xartic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xartic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xartic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xartic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xartic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xartic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xartic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xartic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dang, im loving the fast replies, and im from indiana. I have 9 months exactly to improve myself on those lifts

Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    We got it too, we also have an 800 pound club which doesn't include cleans. We dont get like shirts or anything though and its not official
    I've done both and didn't get anything
    771/645/622 Single Ply

pheny is just really nice. (+1000) pheny is just really nice. (+1000) pheny is just really nice. (+1000) pheny is just really nice. (+1000) pheny is just really nice. (+1000) pheny is just really nice. (+1000) pheny is just really nice. (+1000) pheny is just really nice. (+1000) pheny is just really nice. (+1000) pheny is just really nice. (+1000) pheny is just really nice. (+1000)
    eat eat eat eat eat and train!!

Good luck dude hope you make it in.

JellyBeans will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyBeans will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyBeans will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyBeans will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyBeans will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyBeans will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyBeans will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyBeans will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyBeans will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyBeans will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyBeans will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hahaha he deleted his pics from photobucket

Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by xartic
    So there is this club at our school for people who can get a combined weight of 1000 lbs in power clean, squat and bench. So far there are only a couple kids in the club, and they are the good sized football players. I'm a soccer player and i weigh 160 pounds and my total weight of all the lifts combined is only 845 lbs. 275 being bench, 315 squat, and 255 power clean. I haven't really focused on squat much at all this summer but im getting back into the swing of things cause schools starting back up. I was just wondering if you guys think I could make this goal and if there are any suggestions, feel free to tell me. (this is my first post on this forum)
    negged for lying
    "I shoot I score, He shoots I score" - Dan Gable

"Doesn't it say in the bible...
    And on the fifth day God invented iron for man to lift. And lift it he did. And strong he did become. And good he found this to be. And God said unto He, go and lift and be strong and be good.

stop wishing and get lifting." - joekerr31

Big And Vicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big And Vicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big And Vicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big And Vicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big And Vicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big And Vicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big And Vicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big And Vicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big And Vicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big And Vicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big And Vicious is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Freestyle72
    negged for lying

why u ned this guy??? it was the guy BELOW him thats lying saying he can bench same as him.
    NEGS for life: SmackmymiscUp- Treason against the MISC!!!

Big And Vicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big And Vicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big And Vicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big And Vicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big And Vicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big And Vicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big And Vicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big And Vicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big And Vicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big And Vicious is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big And Vicious is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    st4life is the lyer here u just dont see many 15 year old kids benching 275 and quating 315 lmao wow
    NEGS for life: SmackmymiscUp- Treason against the MISC!!!

magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000)
    wow, you go to a pretty serious high school. all i did then was drink and drink.

BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by PainIsResults
    Rofl i saw soccer player, and 1000 pound club. Ya, right a soccer player making the 1000 lb club.
    I wouldn't talk, your 135 lbs. I've seen plenty of big soccer players... plenty
    MET-Rx/Pure Protein Board Rep
    Disclaimer: The thoughts and opinions of this rep are of his own and does not reflect MET-Rx/Pure Protein as a company. This user is a Bodybuilding.com board representative and is not an employee of MET-Rx/Pure Protein.

The most motivational log - http://tinyurl.com/BigNorg

GymClassHero90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymClassHero90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymClassHero90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymClassHero90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymClassHero90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymClassHero90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymClassHero90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymClassHero90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymClassHero90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymClassHero90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) GymClassHero90 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Scorpion613
    I was just wondering.... how come they don't include deadlifts in this all?
    I always wonder the same thing when I look at the schools weight records, "why the hell is there a Power Clean but no damn Deadlift section".

BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by GymClassHero90
    I always wonder the same thing when I look at the schools weight records, "why the hell is there a Power Clean but no damn Deadlift section".
    I am going to assume that deadlifts where once acknowledged but over time the 1000 lb club became too easy with deadlifts and thus changed it to pc.
    MET-Rx/Pure Protein Board Rep
    Disclaimer: The thoughts and opinions of this rep are of his own and does not reflect MET-Rx/Pure Protein as a company. This user is a Bodybuilding.com board representative and is not an employee of MET-Rx/Pure Protein.

The most motivational log - http://tinyurl.com/BigNorg

Byrne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byrne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byrne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byrne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byrne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byrne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byrne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byrne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byrne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byrne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byrne89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i dont bother with these post because every 160 lb 14 and 15, 16 year old on this website can bench 250 lbs + ....HAHAHAHAHA ---- (but there is that rare and few that can)

JellyBeans will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyBeans will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyBeans will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyBeans will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyBeans will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyBeans will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyBeans will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyBeans will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyBeans will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyBeans will become famous soon enough. (+50) JellyBeans will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My highschool is full of weak people

Thewhite9t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thewhite9t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thewhite9t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thewhite9t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thewhite9t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thewhite9t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thewhite9t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thewhite9t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thewhite9t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thewhite9t has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thewhite9t has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Your bench is decent, your not gonna put much more weight on that I wouldn't think. If you want to work on something then your squat is most likely going to go up about twice as fast as your bench so I would work your squat. And why power clean, shouldn't it be deadlift?

I always show this article to people looking to increase their bench though, dispells alot of myths and damaging techniques.

http://www.getbigbodybuilding.com/article7.htm

Phares_Blood is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phares_Blood is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phares_Blood is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phares_Blood is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phares_Blood is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phares_Blood is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phares_Blood is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phares_Blood is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phares_Blood is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phares_Blood is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phares_Blood is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Byrne89
    i dont bother with these post because every 160 lb 14 and 15, 16 year old on this website can bench 250 lbs + ....HAHAHAHAHA ---- (but there is that rare and few that can)

yeah im sure there a lot of people that lie about there lifts, but im 15, and i can bench 265, and i have friends the same age as me that can bench a range from 235-285. maybe its cause we have all started weight training at the age of 12 though??
    eat, rest, train, repeat

edgarb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edgarb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edgarb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) edgarb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what the hell, they dont test the deadlift? lol

Dead-Metal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dead-Metal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dead-Metal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dead-Metal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dead-Metal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dead-Metal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dead-Metal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dead-Metal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dead-Metal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dead-Metal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dead-Metal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by xartic
    dang, im loving the fast replies, and im from indiana. I have 9 months exactly to improve myself on those lifts
    by any chance do you go to culver military academy in indiana

platnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) platnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) platnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) platnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) platnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) platnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) platnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) platnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) platnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) platnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) platnm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well the power cleans that the football team at my school does includes a deadlift then a squat while trying to get the bar at your shoulder level and sometimes they'll include a press after the squat.

rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by PainIsResults
    Rofl i saw soccer player, and 1000 pound club. Ya, right a soccer player making the 1000 lb club.

pound for pound soccer players are some of the strongest (and most fit) athletes around. as you get into some of the better competition around the country, those guys will rough u up. everyones quick to talk **** about them til they actually step out onto the field.

Originally Posted by rampagefc77
    pound for pound soccer players are some of the strongest (and most fit) athletes around. as you get into some of the better competition around the country, those guys will rough u up. everyones quick to talk **** about them til they actually step out onto the field.
    they are good for endurance not much for strength

rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rampagefc77 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by whitesox3223
    u are a soccor player? why would u want to get big and bulky?
    haha classic teen response. first of all, it takes years to get "big and bulky" its not like u hit the gym and u immediately turn into a beast. second, anyone who is serious about any sport should be lifting weights in order to compete. obviously someone who is bigger, stronger, faster is going to be the superior athlete.

K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've never seen a "big" soccer player, but there are some very athletic ones. I mean 6 foot over 200 pounds guys...but that really isn't "big"....
    A king may move a man, a father may claim a son. But remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus" or that "virtue was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice. Remember that.

Originally Posted by JellyBeans
    they are good for endurance not much for strength

well i was a soccer player (quit after plast season due to injuries) and ive played against some of top players in the country and i can guarentee u these guys arent weak. maybe your highschool team has a couple pansys on the team, but if you look at the elite players its not the case.

w/e man xD

notice i said pound for pound. im not impressed by a heavy guy that can bench 100% of his bodyweight compared to a smaller guy who can bench 150% of his bodyweight but still having that be a smaller number than the heavy guy.

SuiCiDaL cLoWn will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuiCiDaL cLoWn will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuiCiDaL cLoWn will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuiCiDaL cLoWn will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuiCiDaL cLoWn will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuiCiDaL cLoWn will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuiCiDaL cLoWn will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuiCiDaL cLoWn will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuiCiDaL cLoWn will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuiCiDaL cLoWn will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuiCiDaL cLoWn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by whitesox3223
    classic teen response? wtf??
    dude if he is serious about being a soccor player there is no good reason for him to be liftin weights, except for the lower body maybe. bench press? waste of time for a soccor player no doubt. and big and bulky is relative, just like temperatures, attraction, etc. i know damn well he aint gonna be looking like what u think i do. a 1000lb total would make u 'big and bulky' as a soccor player.

douche
    why the hell wouldn't an ATHLETE someone who needs to be big, strong, and fast to keep up with competition NOT lift weights? It is basically necessary. another thing- he could stay just around 165lbs. and still get to a 1000lb. total.