Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    welshace13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welshace13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welshace13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welshace13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welshace13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welshace13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welshace13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welshace13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welshace13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welshace13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welshace13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

whats the 2 best exercises for building mass and strength to biceps?

whats the 2 best exercises for building mass and strength to biceps?

digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The useful ones, not to be done all at once.

Compound - underhand pullups and underhand rows

Isolations - supinating db curls, bar curls, hammer curls

The Big Texan is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Big Texan is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Big Texan is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Big Texan is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Big Texan is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Big Texan is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Big Texan is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Big Texan is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Big Texan is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Big Texan is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Big Texan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'd say heavy barbell curls and preachers.

Harris Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harris Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harris Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harris Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harris Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harris Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harris Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harris Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harris Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harris Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harris Y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Preachers have helped me A LOT with mass and strength. That works very well for me.

recyfer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) recyfer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) recyfer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) recyfer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) recyfer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) recyfer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) recyfer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) recyfer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) recyfer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) recyfer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) recyfer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Pullups and barbell curls.

Registered User buildinstronger's Avatar
    buildinstronger will become famous soon enough. (+50) buildinstronger will become famous soon enough. (+50) buildinstronger will become famous soon enough. (+50) buildinstronger will become famous soon enough. (+50) buildinstronger will become famous soon enough. (+50) buildinstronger will become famous soon enough. (+50) buildinstronger will become famous soon enough. (+50) buildinstronger will become famous soon enough. (+50) buildinstronger will become famous soon enough. (+50) buildinstronger will become famous soon enough. (+50) buildinstronger will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking

Preacher curls are very good.

digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10) digitorum is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by buildinstronger
    Preacher curls are very good.
    Haha

No, from a scientific standpoint they are not.

Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000) Bon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I was just about to say that...
    "Success rests not only on ability, but upon commitment, loyalty, and pride."
    - Vince Lombardi

"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
    - Socrates

welshace13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welshace13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welshace13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welshace13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welshace13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welshace13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welshace13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welshace13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welshace13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welshace13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) welshace13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    y arent they gd?

Originally Posted by welshace13
    y arent they gd?
    It's quite a long winded explanation that I usually give and I'm tired of giving it.

It should suffice to say, that the involvement of the biceps is reduced because of shoulder flexion. This makes the brachialis and brachioradialis take up the strain. It is about the biceps entering active insufficiency because it is a biarticulate muscle, it crosses two joints so movement at one affects the muscle's action at the other.

crazythunder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crazythunder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crazythunder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crazythunder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crazythunder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crazythunder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crazythunder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crazythunder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by digitorum
    It's quite a long winded explanation that I usually give and I'm tired of giving it.

It should suffice to say, that the involvement of the biceps is reduced because of shoulder flexion. This makes the brachialis and brachioradialis take up the strain. It is about the biceps entering active insufficiency because it is a biarticulate muscle, it crosses two joints so movement at one affects the muscle's action at the other.
    what i believe he is trying to say is that since your biceps are connected to two joints, your body can compensate by using the other when lifting. So when you try to do preacher curls you end up using your shoulders and therefore are wasting work that could be going towards your biceps in a more direct manner.

Originally Posted by crazythunder
    what i believe he is trying to say is that since your biceps are connected to two joints, your body can compensate by using the other when lifting. So when you try to do preacher curls you end up using your shoulders and therefore are wasting work that could be going towards your biceps in a more direct manner.
    Yeh.

In the preacher position, the shoulder flexion reduces the contractile length available for the biceps, reducing the range of motion and meaning there isn't enough myofibrils towards the top of the rep for the bicep to contract any more under its own steam. The brachialis has to take over to shorten the biceps indirectly.

kvkx71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kvkx71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kvkx71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kvkx71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kvkx71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kvkx71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kvkx71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kvkx71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kvkx71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kvkx71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kvkx71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Pull ups with a 25-46 pound plate. Also heavy double arm dumbel curls.

Pushin Limits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i've herd stright bar curls for peak

martinelli is just really nice. (+1000) martinelli is just really nice. (+1000) martinelli is just really nice. (+1000) martinelli is just really nice. (+1000) martinelli is just really nice. (+1000) martinelli is just really nice. (+1000) martinelli is just really nice. (+1000) martinelli is just really nice. (+1000) martinelli is just really nice. (+1000) martinelli is just really nice. (+1000) martinelli is just really nice. (+1000)
    Digitorum's correct with the compounds, rows and chin-ups, as well as deadlifts, will build biceps.

I don't want to re-type everything, so here's the link.

http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/sh...d.php?t=884544

If you go to Madcow's 5x5 site, Chad Waterbury's article on T-Nation, or KhanPaulsen's "Training Questions" thread, all three will be the same: the strength/mass you can gain on curls is very limited, although there will be some gains. Focus on the multi-joint movements.

Here's another link to a great site that ridicules curling.

http://www.dragondoor.com/articler/mode3/310/

Place emphasis on compound movements and strive to gain on those. If you really want to do curls, go ahead but don't get too crazy with it.
    Ice Cream/Army Blog:
    http://martinber.blogspot.com/

ldc89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    curls!!

latspread is a jewel in the rough. (+500) latspread is a jewel in the rough. (+500) latspread is a jewel in the rough. (+500) latspread is a jewel in the rough. (+500) latspread is a jewel in the rough. (+500) latspread is a jewel in the rough. (+500) latspread is a jewel in the rough. (+500) latspread is a jewel in the rough. (+500) latspread is a jewel in the rough. (+500) latspread is a jewel in the rough. (+500) latspread is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    barbell curls, alternating db curls, hammer curls, preacher curls
    Penn State University
    College of Health and Human Development
    Undergraduate Program for Nutritional Sciences
    -and-
    Undergraduate Program for Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Management

You're born small and weak.
    You die small and weak.
    How you look in between is upto you.

ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
    i rep back

King Crush is just really nice. (+1000) King Crush is just really nice. (+1000) King Crush is just really nice. (+1000) King Crush is just really nice. (+1000) King Crush is just really nice. (+1000) King Crush is just really nice. (+1000) King Crush is just really nice. (+1000) King Crush is just really nice. (+1000) King Crush is just really nice. (+1000) King Crush is just really nice. (+1000) King Crush is just really nice. (+1000)
    Barbell curls are KING! BB curls are the squat of bicep exerciss. I like the straight bar, but sometime I use the ez-bar to change it up.

Here's my favorite lifts for bis.

BB curls
    DB alt. curls
    Preacher curls
    COMBERDS

Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Alfz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I prefer db curls...When i do BB curls...Sometimes my right hand uses more force and in the end inproportionate arms =[

Vanquish39 is not very helpful. (-500) Vanquish39 is not very helpful. (-500) Vanquish39 is not very helpful. (-500) Vanquish39 is not very helpful. (-500) Vanquish39 is not very helpful. (-500) Vanquish39 is not very helpful. (-500) Vanquish39 is not very helpful. (-500) Vanquish39 is not very helpful. (-500) Vanquish39 is not very helpful. (-500) Vanquish39 is not very helpful. (-500) Vanquish39 is not very helpful. (-500)

Lightbulb

Squats will build your biceps more than curls or any iso or bicep exercise I forgot the reason but its true. If you don't believe me, I can care less.

Casket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Casket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Casket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Casket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Casket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Casket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Casket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Casket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Casket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Casket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Casket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by recyfer
    Pullups and barbell curls.
    Quoted for truth.
    "Pain is weakness leaving the body" - Tom Sobal

"just touch your mouth to her mouth, and start blowing pretty hard into her mouth (not as hard as you can but pretty hard). That is all there is to it." - WSsicks

The E-Cannibal Crew - Do you sea what i sea?

Eventually, everyone gets their 11 red squares!

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/Casket/

slackajack will become famous soon enough. (+50) slackajack will become famous soon enough. (+50) slackajack will become famous soon enough. (+50) slackajack will become famous soon enough. (+50) slackajack will become famous soon enough. (+50) slackajack will become famous soon enough. (+50) slackajack will become famous soon enough. (+50) slackajack will become famous soon enough. (+50) slackajack will become famous soon enough. (+50) slackajack will become famous soon enough. (+50) slackajack will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Vanquish39
    Squats will build your biceps more than curls or any iso or bicep exercise I forgot the reason but its true. If you don't believe me, I can care less.
    I don't believe you. Squats cause muscle growth because they produce growth hormones, but they won't build your biceps bigger than direct bicep exercises will.

Originally Posted by slackajack
    I don't believe you. Squats cause muscle growth because they produce growth hormones, but they won't build your biceps bigger than direct bicep exercises will.
    You are right and we both know you are, so forget that loser with a negative rep

slackajack will become famous soon enough. (+50) slackajack will become famous soon enough. (+50) slackajack will become famous soon enough. (+50) slackajack will become famous soon enough. (+50) slackajack will become famous soon enough. (+50) slackajack will become famous soon enough. (+50) slackajack will become famous soon enough. (+50) slackajack will become famous soon enough. (+50) slackajack will become famous soon enough. (+50) slackajack will become famous soon enough. (+50) slackajack will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by digitorum
    You are right and we both know you are, so forget that loser with a negative rep
    Deal.

King Crush is just really nice. (+1000) King Crush is just really nice. (+1000) King Crush is just really nice. (+1000) King Crush is just really nice. (+1000) King Crush is just really nice. (+1000) King Crush is just really nice. (+1000) King Crush is just really nice. (+1000) King Crush is just really nice. (+1000) King Crush is just really nice. (+1000) King Crush is just really nice. (+1000) King Crush is just really nice. (+1000)
    You guys need to know how to work those bicepts.
    COMBERDS

Do you ship to APO's? Oldboardwax's Avatar
    Oldboardwax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oldboardwax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oldboardwax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oldboardwax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oldboardwax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oldboardwax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    squats will give u great bi's
    crush your enemies, have them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of the women

Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lintford is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I knew the old cult of "squats and deads are all you need" and "all you need are HEAVY rows" would come in.

That said, a good back workout will add good mass to the bi's, but some iso work is needed IMHO. Just be careful not to overtrain the Bi's, stimulate, not anihilate.

IMO, a solid back workout along with barbell curls and hammer curls will do the trick.
    but who was lift

Cybernetic Periodization KhanPaulsen's Avatar
    KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000) KhanPaulsen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Big compounds first, direct arm work second.

There is benefit in direct arm training, but no it won't be as good as large movements like pull-ups and rows. The problem is people tend to place way too much volume into direct arm work, and get away from the compound movements.

*Grumbles* If people would just focus on building strength on bench/squat/deadlift and use direct arm work as accessory movements there'd be a hell of a lot bigger people running around.
    NSCA-CPT.

Do you ship to APO's? Oldboardwax's Avatar
    Oldboardwax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oldboardwax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oldboardwax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oldboardwax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oldboardwax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Oldboardwax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Lintford
    I knew the old cult of "squats and deads are all you need" and "all you need are HEAVY rows" would come in.

That said, a good back workout will add good mass to the bi's, but some iso work is needed IMHO. Just be careful not to overtrain the Bi's, stimulate, not anihilate.

IMO, a solid back workout along with barbell curls and hammer curls will do the trick.

my point was PPL SHOULD GIVE LESS A F$^% ABOUT THEIR BI'S AND MORE ABOUT OTHER STUFF
    crush your enemies, have them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of the women

Ollie_ver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ollie_ver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd have to say staight bar curls for biceps because the straight bar allows maximum contraction in the biceps, for triceps the best would be bench press with a close grip for size but when i do tricep pull-downs with a rope i feel it more on the triceps and the longest head of the bicep is stimulated the most which is the main one for size