Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000)

Bruce Lee Vs UFC or PRIDE fighters: Who would win?

Bruce Lee Vs UFC or PRIDE fighters: Who would win?

migo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bruce Lee, 126lbs, never fought anyone of note (that can be verified), and couldn't deal with Gene LeBell in grappling.

Fedor Emelianenko, 231lbs, has fought majority of top rank competitors and has beaten every single one of them, can hang with anyone in striking and grappling.

Does this question really need to be asked?

Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000) Seroph4x is just really nice. (+1000)
    its just that im sick of people saying bruce lee would own mma fighters

migo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    And asking this question here would do anything about that?

-RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -RiK- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    man cmon u can't compare two different generations, bruce lee knew his own style of martial art where as the martial artists these days are very well rounded. it's like saying royce gracie (legend of his time, like bruce lee) vs matt hughes (legend of current day, whos well rounded). although not many MMA fighters practise bruce lee's martial art - it'd still be the well rounded newer guy that'd win. UFC 60 prooved that i think

louisdorkman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) louisdorkman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) louisdorkman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) louisdorkman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) louisdorkman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) louisdorkman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) louisdorkman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) louisdorkman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) louisdorkman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) louisdorkman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) louisdorkman is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    can't compare cause if bruce lee was in present time, he would've evolved to mma. i don't think he would be a big attraction (if he wasn't known as Bruce Lee the legend) due to his size. people tend to rather watch the heavy weights.

yeah

some soild comments here, im rather impressed

Good night - ALL.

Matt.

gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's silly to compare. It's like when Hendrix came onto the scene with his music, no one had heard or seen anything like it, in some people eyes Hendrix revolutionalised music. The same can be said about Bruce Lee and martial arts. It's no good comparing Paul Gilbert or whoever to Jimi Hendrx because for his time Hendrix was the man, as was Bruce

gogz

still be interesting to know

cos half of bruce lees hand moves would not with those gloves.

lols of cakes rofl monkeys lols boys roffle cakes rofl lols of cakes popeyes haha cakes heheheheh boys.

tennisnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tennisnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tennisnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tennisnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tennisnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tennisnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tennisnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tennisnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tennisnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tennisnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tennisnut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

the real question is...Dan Inosanto Vs Bruce Lee

and yes, my money is on Dan!

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    I can't believe this is a serious question.
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKCDUDE is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    bruce lee would get b!tch slapped by current mma fighters. Exept tim"THE SLOTH"sylvia lee could take that fatbastard. haha
    I KNOW VIOLENCE ISN'T THE ANSWER
    I GOT IT WRONG ON PURPOSE

gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000) gogz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by tennisnut
    the real question is...Dan Inosanto Vs Bruce Lee

and yes, my money is on Dan!
    lol, u have same opinion as my friend

gogz

bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think any mma wrestler would dominate bruce lee. I just don't see bruce having the grappling skills to make it in mma. He would get taken down to easily. If he went against a straight striker then maybe...but I wouldn't bet on it. From what I understand bruce lee never competed in any martial arts tournaments, all I've heard is that he beat some really good people in sparring matchs in his garden that noone witnessed. That tells me absolutly nothing. I don't think there is much credibility behind bruce lee.

Aside from that, just look at the early ufcs. They were all suppose to be top martial artists/fighters in the world and they were pathetic. They would always introduce somebody as like a master black belt of this and that, and then the fight would start and it would look like a highschool fight. Just sloppy punchs and crappy wrestling. One guy was suppose be a master of 9 different martial arts and gracie tooled him. I don't think anyone had a clue what fighting was really about back then, so I don't think any martial arts master of any kind could hang with todays mma'rs.
    Last edited by bjjwraslter7; 08-24-2006 at 08:10 AM.

-j-RoC- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    street fight=bruce lee

ufc fight=ufc fighter

bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjwraslter7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by -j-RoC-
    street fight=bruce lee

ufc fight=ufc fighter
    I think he'd still just get taken down and pounded on. Maybe if right off the bat he went straight for the eyes/groin/throat while they were still **** talking. If they both had time to ready themselves and get in fighting stances it would be A LOT harder to get at those places.

Architect of Aggression One Man Army's Avatar
    One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Exclamation

Bruce Lee is really just the stuff of myths and legends...he is way overhyped. He would get owned..plain and simple.

patr10t is on a distinguished road. (+10) patr10t is on a distinguished road. (+10) patr10t is on a distinguished road. (+10) patr10t is on a distinguished road. (+10) patr10t is on a distinguished road. (+10) patr10t is on a distinguished road. (+10) patr10t is on a distinguished road. (+10) patr10t is on a distinguished road. (+10) patr10t is on a distinguished road. (+10) patr10t is on a distinguished road. (+10) patr10t is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Bruce Lee is the originator of MMA, period. He was the first martial artist to recognize that every style has its limits and to study as many arts as possible to find the flaws in that particular art. Yes, MMA has come a very long way since then. However, you have to understand what Bruce was up against back them. Many of the top instructors for the various arts felt Bruce was "extremely" disrespectful to their arts by training with other arts. Many of the old practitioners and instructors felt their way was the only way and that Bruce's reluctance to commit to one art was a slap in the face.

Today, training in multiple arts is widely accepted as the best way to be a well rounded fighter. That wasn't the case back then. Bruce also didn't live long enough to see arts like BJJ or the level of submission wrestling we have today.

Had he lived longer, Bruce's style and technique would have evolved further as the core and hybrid arts evolved. Even in the Jeet Kun Do circles the lineage is split into three distinct camps. There is the Bruce Lee / Dan Inosanto camp that focuses on the traditional Jeet Kun Do of Jun Fan Gung Fu, Muay Thai, Kali, Silat and ground fighting. There is the "Progressive Fighting Systems" camp headed by Paul Vunak that focus on Greco Roman Wrestling, BJJ, Boxing, Kickboxing, and Muy Thai. There is also the "Functional Jeet Kun Do" camp headed by Matt Thornton that is a cross between the two above.

Comparing Bruce from the 60's and 70's to todays MMA atletes is like comparing apples and oranges. But, for my money, I'll take Bruce Lee or Dan Inosanto on the street (no rules) against anyone.

wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I dont think people are giving enough respect to bruce.

He was a revolutionary martial artist, adapted quickly..rarely if ever beaten(in an actual fight) and if he was he would adapt to not be beaten again. Bruce in his prime>MMA Light-welterweights and a few heavier guys. I just see bruce knocking the **** out of them with his power...and lets not forget if he were around today bruce's skill, adaptive ability is well beyond anyone else alive that I know of. He would have evolved around EVERYTHING and would be turning out the best fighters in the world to comepete..imagine that...Team dragon lol?
    Mirin'triceps peak? Thanks westside barbell.

Gettin'older, studying MMA in Brazil gonna fight soon, on my own crew.

Can someone post me a vid of bruce lee in a real fight? Can someone show me what he placed in any martial arts tournaments let alone no holds barred tournaments?

I'm not trying to disrespect the guy and I know he was in a way the original mma'r, and has done a ****load for martial arts, but I think you guys are giving him a little too much credit.

Saying bruce lee > current mma lightweight/welterwieghts is abosolutly rediculous.

wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bjjwraslter7
    Can someone post me a vid of bruce lee in a real fight? Can someone show me what he placed in any martial arts tournaments let alone no holds barred tournaments?

I'm not trying to disrespect the guy and I know he was in a way the original mma'r, and has done a ****load for martial arts, but I think you guys are giving him a little too much credit.

Saying bruce lee > current mma lightweight/welterwieghts is abosolutly rediculous.
    No its not..MA was hardcore back in the day and hundreds of people say bruce did this and that, not everyone had a ****ing hadicam when bruce was fighting..THIS IS NOT MODERN DAY. There was tons of witnesses that talked about the same exact thing bruce did say in a tournement where he would defeat someone in so and so seconds..he did. Or in street situations or when he was challenged, or sparred..or how all the top MA guys would be like WTF about his skill and all the people listened to him...he was Joe Lewis' coach and went on to win a ton of **** in HW full contact tournys..he was getting heavily into grappling before he died..if he were alive he would have been at the FOREFRONT of everything, not behind it..even my instructor Ron Kosakowski who follows the philosephy of JKD and a lil of the physical concepts was into BJJ way before the UFC was ever around and sponsered gracie JJ seminars up here in CT for years..

Originally Posted by bjjwraslter7

There's a bit of him sparring in this, think thats the only footage of him 'fighting'. I don't like the fact that people are saying 'can bruce lee beat these guys or this guy or superman'. Who cares, let's just respect him for what he done for martial arts and for people over the world with his inspiration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqmliQdnB-s

gogz
    Last edited by gogz; 08-24-2006 at 09:09 AM.

Armstrong_08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Armstrong_08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Armstrong_08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bruce Lee would kick there asses no doubt
    age= 16

Bench= 230
    Squat= 250
    clean=200

Originally Posted by gogz
    There's a bit of him sparring in this, think thats the only footage of him 'fighting'. I don't like the fact that people are saying 'can bruce lee beat these guys or this guy or superman'. Who cares, let's just respect him for what he done for martial arts and for people over the world with his inspiration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqmliQdnB-s

gogz
    Thatw as pre-JKD I believe as well.

mateen is not very helpful. (-500) mateen is not very helpful. (-500) mateen is not very helpful. (-500) mateen is not very helpful. (-500) mateen is not very helpful. (-500) mateen is not very helpful. (-500) mateen is not very helpful. (-500) mateen is not very helpful. (-500) mateen is not very helpful. (-500) mateen is not very helpful. (-500) mateen is not very helpful. (-500)
    his speed is mind blowing

Watch the triangle brah JAGERBOY's Avatar
    JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    El Guapo says....

"If the data is overwhelmingly in favor of evolution, to deny that reality will make us a cult -- some odd group that is not really interacting with the world"- Evangelical Bible scholar Bruce Waltke

Darren01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darren01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darren01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darren01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darren01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darren01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darren01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darren01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darren01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darren01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Darren01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Fedor by an absolute ****ing massacre.

Its an incredibly obvious answer.
    SGT(P) , US Army Infantry 2007- Present
    OEF IX, X, and XI Veteran.

Bulking in Afghanistan!!

Swole4Life will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swole4Life will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swole4Life will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swole4Life will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swole4Life will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swole4Life will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swole4Life will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swole4Life will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swole4Life will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swole4Life will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swole4Life will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by cgc
    I can't believe this is a serious question.
    you have NO IDEA how many people i know that will argue to the DEATH that Bruce Lee, Jet Li, Jackie Chan, Tony Jaa, etc. will walk through UFC fighters...

and when I say... well why don't they compete then? i get.. because of respect, or some pathetic ****... it's so hilarious.. and there is really no way to PROVE it because they don't compete

Jet Li said from his own mouth Tito would tear him a new *******.. and people don't understand, most of these dudes specialize in Wushu.. it's all showman martial arts for entertainment.. not useful in real fighting...

Watch the triangle brah JAGERBOY's Avatar
    JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    "If the data is overwhelmingly in favor of evolution, to deny that reality will make us a cult -- some odd group that is not really interacting with the world"- Evangelical Bible scholar Bruce Waltke

Dude I don't care what people saw bruce do, whoever he did it to did not compare to current day mma pros. Like I said before, watch the early ufcs and watch supposed martial arts masters fight like pathetic highschoolers. I wouldn't be suprised if bruce did fuk up guys like them. My point is back then people didn't know the first thing about fighting so who cares if he owned anyone then. Royce Gracie owned the **** out of plenty of "martial arts masters" and it's been documented...heavily. The only documentation I see of bruce is his movies, in which he uses fancy bull****.

Just look at it this way, pretend royce was in lees position. He sparred, got in street fights, whatever and tore through everyone no matter what martial arts status or how big they were. We all know gracie could do this, and word would get around about how bad ass he is. He would have the same status as bruce lee. He got put against the current top welterwieght and look what happened.
    Last edited by bjjwraslter7; 08-24-2006 at 10:11 AM.