Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Skibird93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skibird93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skibird93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skibird93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skibird93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skibird93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skibird93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skibird93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skibird93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skibird93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skibird93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Muscle Milk Collegiate Review

What's up all? I am going to leave some posts on one of Cytosports Products called Muscle Milk Collegiate. This is not the same as the original Muscle Milk Formula. I have talked to the cytosport reps and the difference is in the ratio of protein to carbs. There must be a certain ratio of protein to carbs for the NCAA to endorse/ promote the use of a product. This is done to limit the amount of protein consumption per serving for athletes for some reason...why I'm not exactly sure. If a product does not meet this ratio coaches can not recommend it to their players. There has been a lot of different speculations on these forums from other members as to why the old formula is not NCAA endorsed. These speculations have ranged from crazy stuff like their is too much IGF-1 in the original to the use of GCC (helps your body produce more creatine naturally). As a side not, the amount of IGF-1 in Muscle Milk is equivalent to the amount that is in milk itself.

I bought a tub of Vanilla Creme Muscle Milk Collegiate from a website for about $31 plus $8 shipping. If you would like to know the website just PM me. Bodybuilding.com does not carry this product yet, unfortunately.

I will be starting my review on this product tomorrow. I will be taking three servings a day as part of a bulking phase I am going to start. I have been restricting my calories for the past two weeks in order to supercompensate for the following two weeks while on a high caloric bulk. My current stats are:
    Weight: 168 lbs (weight first thing in the morning)
    Height: 6'1"
    Approximate body fat: 12-15% range (might be a little lower)
    Waist Circumference: 31" (around narrowest part of torso just above navel)
    Hip Crcumference: 39 1/4" (around largest part of buttocks)
    right bicep: 13" relaxed 14 1/4" flexed
    right thigh: 20 1/4" ( around mid thigh)
    right calf: 14 1/4" (largest part of calf)

Training experience: I have been an athlete all of my life (baseball, basketball, golf and soccer). I have been lifting for the past 6 years. I am a typical hargainer, basically meaning I have to eat every two hours two grow. I drop weight very quickly when dieting. My heaviest weight is 191 lbs last year after a three week bulk on Cytogainer (up 11lbs in three weeks). Some of my best lifts are: Dumbell Bench 115lb dumbells for 4 reps
    360 lb squate for 8
    thats all I'm sure of rigth now

I am a senior in exercise science in college.
    I am also a supplement sales rep for Vitamin World in Ohio.
    If you have any supp questions I would be glad to give you my two sense
    I have always had an athletic build, not a bodybuilders build (I'm working on it though, lol)
    I am natural, never used and pro-hormones of roids (like you couldn't tell from my stats)
    Hope this thread will answer some questions inregaurds to Muscle Milk Collegiate's effectiveness.
    Reps are always welcome

I will evaluate this product based on :

ingredients
    mixability
    taste
    effectiveness
    cost
    demand

Tomorrow the fun begins...

Hogg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I will be following up on this thread. I have been trying to decide if I should continue taking ON whey or maybe something new like this?

Also trying to bulk (lean).

MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    subscribed--IGF-1 Is on the banned substances list and thats all we could find, so we assumed that was it. Not so crazy after all, eh?

Skibird93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skibird93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skibird93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skibird93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skibird93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skibird93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skibird93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skibird93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skibird93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skibird93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Skibird93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jhick40
    subscribed--IGF-1 Is on the banned substances list and thats all we could find, so we assumed that was it. Not so crazy after all, eh?

I guess not that crazy, I wouldn't have guessed the protein to carb ratio to be honest, but hey who knew. lol

Originally Posted by Hogg
    I will be following up on this thread. I have been trying to decide if I should continue taking ON whey or maybe something new like this?

Also trying to bulk (lean).

Glad to see you are interested in this thread. I'll do my best to give some quality, honest feedback. I'm going to try and leave some of my other info such as training regimen and also my nutrition as it plays out. I am very busy with school and work though. But if a lot of people seem interested I'll try and keep this thread up daily.

Here it is my first taste test:

Tonight I mixed four scoops of vanilla creme muscle milk collegiate with about 12-16 oz of fat-free skim milk.

Taste: 10/10 (nothing like vanilla protein, very creamy and sweeter than plain
    Whey) Best vanilla I have ever tasted
    Very similar to the original muscle milk vanilla flavor

Mixability: 9.5/10 mixed it in a 32 oz gatorade bottle with no problems, no
    need for a blender with this one

Consistency: Slightly thicker than 2% milk (comparable to whole milk)

Nutrition facts for the whole shake: 56g protein
    115g carbs (29 g sugar, most from milk)
    7 g (2.5 sat)
    763 calories
    30% pro 60% CHO 10% FAT

Results will follow......

Today I trained biceps and triceps.

Food today: 8:00am Naked Juice protein shake
    9:30 am workout
    11:00 am Cytogainer shake in water
    2:00 pm two slices of thick crust veggie pizza
    5:30 pm naked juice protein shake
    6:40 pm hot dog and minute maid lemonade
    8:40 pm Muscle milk collegiate shake
    still to eat...10:00 pm two burgers (no bread)
    12:00am 1 cup cottage cheese two tbsp Peanut butter

Daily totals: 288g protein 4235 calories (approximates)

deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What is the carb source listed in the ingredients.....
    "I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Heretic....

E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    alot of people wanna know if glycocyamine is in it too
    PSN E-Go

Hold The Line
    Love Isn't Always On Time.

deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by The Fallen
    It's NCAA approved so it won't be in it because GAA is always stacked with creatine which cannot be provided to athletes by their schools.
    Last edited by deserusan; 08-25-2006 at 12:17 AM.
    "I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Heretic....

The carb source they use is called CytocarbII, it consists of branching as well as long linear chain maltodextrins with very low "DE" -dextrose equivalent.

Originally Posted by The Fallen

Nope....its not listed anywhere on the label or in the ingredients.

Hogg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hogg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Skibird93
    Here it is my first taste test:

Tonight I mixed four scoops of vanilla creme muscle milk collegiate with about 12-16 oz of fat-free skim milk.

Taste: 10/10 (nothing like vanilla protein, very creamy and sweeter than plain
    Whey) Best vanilla I have ever tasted
    Very similar to the original muscle milk vanilla flavor

Mixability: 9.5/10 mixed it in a 32 oz gatorade bottle with no problems, no
    need for a blender with this one

Consistency: Slightly thicker than 2% milk (comparable to whole milk)

Nutrition facts for the whole shake: 56g protein
    115g carbs (29 g sugar, most from milk)
    7 g (2.5 sat)
    763 calories
    30% pro 60% CHO 10% FAT

Results will follow......

Today I trained biceps and triceps.

Food today: 8:00am Naked Juice protein shake
    9:30 am workout
    11:00 am Cytogainer shake in water
    2:00 pm two slices of thick crust veggie pizza
    5:30 pm naked juice protein shake
    6:40 pm hot dog and minute maid lemonade
    8:40 pm Muscle milk collegiate shake
    still to eat...10:00 pm two burgers (no bread)
    12:00am 1 cup cottage cheese two tbsp Peanut butter

Daily totals: 288g protein 4235 calories (approximates)

Holy calories!! I think I am going to pick some up.

Thumbs up

Nope....its not listed anywhere on the label or in the ingredients.
    Good...I love Muscle Milk's flavoring system so this will be a consideration when bulking. What are the protein sources?

Heretic....

MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm gonna use mass meal personally.

I'm gonna use mass meal personally.
    Mass Meal is a great product as well. If you like it so much please review it and don't intrude on someone else's without offering anything of substance please

Heretic....

Originally Posted by deserusan
    Good...I love Muscle Milk's flavoring system so this will be a consideration when bulking. What are the protein sources?
    The protein in the collegiate is a mixture of micellar alpha and beta caseins and caseinates, whey concentrates rich in alpha-lactalbumin, whey isolates, whey peptides, hydrolyzed wheat protein, and aminogen which is a form of digestive enzymes. This is a nice mix of fast and slow digesting proteins.
    Exercise Physiologist
    Personal Trainer- www.The Fitnesst.com
    Future Physical Therapist
    Beverly International User
    Life long athlete
    Vitamin World Sales Associate

I like this better than Cytogainer because it has a mixture of proteins. Cytogainer is whey which is the best right after a workout and not as good as a meal replacement during the day. Plus, its nice to find a gainer that doesn't have creatine in it. If you are taking three cytogainer shakes a day you are getting 9 grams of creatine a day. I think that this is a little over kill. Especially if you take any kind of creatine supplement after your workouts anyway. Just my opinion though....
    Exercise Physiologist
    Life long athlete

The protein in the collegiate is a mixture of micellar alpha and beta caseins and caseinates, whey concentrates rich in alpha-lactalbumin, whey isolates, whey peptides, hydrolyzed wheat protein, and aminogen which is a form of digestive enzymes. This is a nice mix of fast and slow digesting proteins.
    Looks like it. Mixes are always superior for MRP's anytime of the day. I only use my isolate for during my workout along with free form BCAA's. Other than that it's either whole food protein or a protein powder mix.

Heretic....

Originally Posted by deserusan
    Looks like it. Mixes are always superior for MRP's anytime of the day. I only use my isolate for during my workout along with free form BCAA's. Other than that it's either whole food protein or a protein powder mix.

I totally agree with ya here. Fianlly, so more companies are starting to market more of these proteins instead of just whey, ex BSN Syntha-6, Labrada ProV-60, and various others.
    Exercise Physiologist
    Life long athlete

Ok, just to give you guys an update: I weighed myself when I woke up this morning and I'm at 170-171 lbs. Up about three pounds already. Not bad for only three-four days in. Here is what I ate yesterday (not the best day but itll have to do)

Slept in till 11:00 am (my body was craving it!!!)

12:00pm Muscle milk colligate shake (4 scoops) in 12 oz fat-free milk
    2 tblsp peanut butter

2:00 pm Finished last 1/4 of shake at work (busy, didn't have time to make
    another shake
    4:00pm Yogurt and a trailmix bar (had them stashed at work)

6:30 PM Two hard tacos
    Two taco salads
    A few chips with cheese dip
    12 oz fat free milk
    (my girlfriend and I cooked tonight, fat was drained from the beef
    and the tacos had lettuce and tomatoes on them)

9:00 PM Huge taco salad (lots of beef)
    12 oz fat free milk

* today I ate less than I wanted to but that will happen when you sleep till 11:00 am, lol. I would have liked to get a second shake in but time just did't permit it. The tacos, although not the healthiest food, had alot of meat in them and were a good way for me to keep my calories up for only eating a few meals earlier in the day. all suggestions and comments are welcome!
    Exercise Physiologist
    Life long athlete

JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Enough of the BS. I want to know how this compares to Muscle Milk. Better, not quite ass good, or about the same. This will help me decide weather or not to stick with the original.

Originally Posted by JRRBadBoy4Life
    Enough of the BS. I want to know how this compares to Muscle Milk. Better, not quite ass good, or about the same. This will help me decide weather or not to stick with the original.
    First off, its not BS you jackass, its called a real review, if you dont like then go somewhere else. I'm trying to help people out that are thinking about buying this product. Second if you want to know how it tastes read the earlier posts I have on here, I already said what it tastes like.
    Exercise Physiologist
    Life long athlete

All you had to say was, how do you think this compares to the original muscle milk, and i would have said something like, "It tastes just like the original muscle milk but has more carbs, protein, and calories per serving. It has 16 servings per container compared to the original muscle milk's 15 or so). If your gonna be an a** then read the damn labels yourself and don't bother asking the people on here that are posting threads what they think. Being a pube licker isn't a good way to ask for help. And as far as results, I have only ben on it for like 4 days so I can't really tell you, but if you read my other posts before this one you would see that I am currently up 3 pounds since I started it.
    Exercise Physiologist
    Life long athlete

By the way, you have a lot of useless BS in your horsepower thread so you might not want to point the finger at other people when you are leaving similarly structured reviews of your own. This is just my two cents....
    Exercise Physiologist
    Life long athlete

JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JRRBadBoy4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    By the way, you have a lot of useless BS in your horsepower thread so you might not want to point the finger at other people when you are leaving similarly structured reviews of your own. This is just my two cents....
    Whoa, easy bud. I was j/k about the bs statement. I actually thought it was great that somebody was doing a review on this. I will probably be picking some up here soon and also will do a review on it as you are the only one right now who has actually reviewed it. We definately need some more opinions of this product. I wonder if they give out samples.

Whoa, easy bud. I was j/k about the bs statement. I actually thought it was great that somebody was doing a review on this. I will probably be picking some up here soon and also will do a review on it as you are the only one right now who has actually reviewed it. We definately need some more opinions of this product. I wonder if they give out samples.
    Didn't mean to sound pissed earlier bro, just thought you were coming off a diff way, my bad. Like I said just trying to help some people out.

If you call cytosport, they will most likely send you some free samples of some of there other stuff. I just recieved three free samples of fast twitch after talking to them just last week. I dont know if me being a sales rep fpr a store that sells their products has anything to do with it but its worth a shot. My guess would be that they prob dont have any Collegiate samples yet because it is so new. I wish they did though.

If you are worried about the taste, dont be. I think it tastes just like the muscle milk but a little less "grainy"

It mixes great in a shaker cup, and although its more powder than the original muscle milk, it has a texture about the same as whole milk. Very easy to drink!

If you have any other specific questions just leave em and i'll answer them as quickly and honestly as I can.

Thanks for showing an interest in this thread, I appreciate it. And I agree, we need some more reviews on this for people to check out. Peace
    Exercise Physiologist
    Life long athlete

Didn't mean to sound pissed earlier bro, just thought you were coming off a diff way, my bad.
    If your gonna be an a** then read the damn labels yourself and don't bother asking the people on here that are posting threads what they think. Being a pube licker isn't a good way to ask for help.
    lol

I just read an interesting thread on T-Nation, arguing about MM C. Apparently, it's getting bashed badly because of its macros, and because it isn't a good Postworkout mix. That was definitely not what it was intended for, and the only bad rap its gotten so far. anyway..

lol

I just read an interesting thread on T-Nation, arguing about MM C. Apparently, it's getting bashed badly because of its macros, and because it isn't a good Postworkout mix. That was definitely not what it was intended for, and the only bad rap its gotten so far. anyway..

Right on, this is definetely not the best post workout powder, as it has clower digesting proteins. Cytogainer would be a much better choice post-workout due to its creatine content and whey protein. But if you know anything about protein thats a no brainer.

I would say this is much better for a meal replacement/ weight gainer to be used between your meals or a night. Its also great if you are someone that cant eat every two hours or so. It keeps your cals for the day up and gives you a more sustained release of proteins and aminos.
    Exercise Physiologist
    Life long athlete

A couple more questions for ya. Is the scoop size the same? I believe 4 scoops is 1 serving, correct? If used that way would it not last as long as regular 2.48 lb tub of Muscle Milk. I'm going to look it up again, but I would assume that 2 scoops would at least have the same amount of calories or close to it. BRB.

It looks like it would take nearly 3 full scoops of MM collegiate to equal the amount of calories in 2 scoops of regular MM. Of course your trading carbs for fat and protein. I may still get me some and use both, maybe 1 scoop of each a couple of times per day. Or use MM collegiate during the day and MM regular before bedtime.
    Last edited by JRRBadBoy4Life; 08-28-2006 at 10:04 PM.

A couple more questions for ya. Is the scoop size the same? I believe 4 scoops is 1 serving, correct? If used that way would it not last as long as regular 2.48 lb tub of Muscle Milk. I'm going to look it up again, but I would assume that 2 scoops would at least have the same amount of calories or close to it. BRB.

It looks like it would take nearly 3 full scoops of MM collegiate to equal the amount of calories in 2 scoops of regular MM. Of course your trading carbs for fat and protein. I may still get me some and use both, maybe 1 scoop of each a couple of times per day. Or use MM collegiate during the day and MM regular before bedtime.

Here are the facts PER SCOOP:

Original MUscle Milk: Muscle Milk Colligiate:
    Calories: 174 146
    Protein: 16g 10g
    Carbs: 6g 22.25g
    Fat: 9g 1.75g

The main difference is going to be the fat to carb ratio. If your body does not handle carbs very well then the original might ne a little better for you, however, if you don't want all of the fats in muscle milk (even though they are MCT's) then the colliagiate version would be better.
    Exercise Physiologist
    Life long athlete