Mustang302 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cardio and heart rate question

I started doing about 45min-1 hour of cardio on the eliptical machine last week and ive read that my target heart rate for burning fat should be 160. But when im on there the machine says my heart rate is 175-180. Im 5'9,23, and weigh 165. Is this OK?

BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Do you feel like your working hard?
    Top Secret Nutrition
    Vice President of Sales
    Alex@TopSecretNutrition.com

Contest Prep Coach
    Workout and Nutrition Programs
    AlexBigStew@gmail.com

amjzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amjzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amjzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amjzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amjzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amjzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amjzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amjzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amjzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amjzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amjzzz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think that target zone stuff is mostly nonsense. You should be working hard. The hardness of your breath is a great indicator.

If you can handle harder, go a little harder each time. Really I don't see the point of going easy unless you start having joint problems or have some medical condition.

Prove you're worth a damn DJohnson's Avatar
    DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000)
    The higher the better as long as there's no drug you're taking that could be allowing your heart to go to unsafe heights. The fat burning zone is a myth.

175-180 is very impressive though. Good work.
    History: Mar, 2001: 135lbs @ ~14% | Nov, 2004: 245lbs @ ~40% | Dec, 2006: 168lbs @ 5.5%ish | Nov, 2008: 177lbs @ 5.5%ish | Dec, 2016: 179lbs

Mustang302 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BigStew
    Do you feel like your working hard?

I dont really breath that hard, but i can feel my heart pumping very hard and fast and i sometimes have to backoff alittle because i get allitle dizzy and my heart feels like its going to pump out of my chest. But no breathing hard. Heh.

bullshifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bullshifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bullshifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bullshifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bullshifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bullshifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bullshifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bullshifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bullshifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bullshifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bullshifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Mustang302
    I dont really breath that hard, but i can feel my heart pumping very hard and fast and i sometimes have to backoff alittle because i get allitle dizzy and my heart feels like its going to pump out of my chest. But no breathing hard. Heh.
    You feel dizzy and your heart feels like it is going to pump out of your chest?

I think you just answered your own question on if it's ok.