NeverENuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Getting to 12% Body Fat

Hey everyone,

Im at 24% body fat right now. DOes that sound too high. Yep probably. I had my body fat measured by 3 different trainers and came up with about 24% BF. I had to just for the reliability of the tests -I wanted them to be pretty close to average. Anyways, My question is my goal is to be 12% by this may. You can see my abs a little, at tleast the outside of them. I wanna know what is the realistic time I could have my BF down to 12%. I want my abs to show and overall be leaner. Many factors determine this . I know.
    Any advice would be helpful....

My regimine:
    I eat whole grain cereal
    2 toasts with lotta peanut butter
    3 or 4 eggs
    multiwitamin
    and 8oz milk

10am
    protien shake
    8oz milk

12pm
    a steak-8oz
    apple
    can of albacore

230pm
    protein shake
    or can of tuna

workout at 3 or 430

Home around 6ish
    steak on foreman grill
    milk
    ham cheese
    water

eat again a little-9pm
    milk sometimes chocalte- sorry love chocalate milk
    some fruit?? depends

That is my meals every day usually...

I eat about 2 cans of tuna a day
    And i drink 3 32 oz glasses of water a day
    usaully a snack or two of a peppermint or something really small

So.....What do you "EXPERTS" think is possible by may...

I am also thinking about maybe competing.........anything?

here is a picture of me when I was up at SHSU. Fall 2001-I believe I am much more defined now. I dont look so damn skinny as I do in that picture.

And i workout 4 on 1 off and 4 on two off. cardio mwf-10-15 mintues
    abs done everyday-4exersises

I appreaciete the support on here and look foward to your replies
    EDITED:Picture futher down loaded.

PEACEOUT!

THANKYOU!
    Last edited by NeverENuff; 01-15-2003 at 09:40 AM.
    "IF YOU WORK AT IT, IT WILL COME".

tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How old are you and how tall? The key word here is Cardio. You need to be burning more calories than you are taking in. You should get up early and do some running or jogging before you take any carbs. This will trick your body in to using your fat cells for energy. Make sure you get a healthy diet and do lots of cardio and you should be fine. It terms of time, it all depends on how hard you work at it. Based on your mwf 10-15 minutes, I would probably bump that up to about 30-45 minutes per day and at least 3-4 days a week.
    Success is merely the decision not to fail and the desire to do everything to win.

BlackHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can see the outside of your abs at 24%? That's pretty unlikely.

I am a 6'1" medium framed guy. With Xenadrine, -500 calorie deficit diet, and lots of cardio I went from 227 and 24.5%BF to 195 and 14.5%BF in just over 4 months. I am giving myself another 3 months or so to get to 12%. I don't have time to go through your diet right now but how many cals does that add up to? We need the rest of your stats as well, height, weight age and such. And bump on what tyzride said, you going to up the cardio.
    Last edited by BlackHawk; 01-14-2003 at 06:10 AM.

ironslinger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Getting to 12% Body Fat

You can get to 12% no problem. First thing adujst your diet a little. Try and eat higher protein meals, and some good fats drop the carbs. Eat 5 to 6 meals a day and I would skip all diary ( no milk) drink 1 to 1.5 gal. water per day. up the cardio 5 days a week. be as strict as possible for the next 8 to 12 weeks and give us a update.
    If you are not the lead dog then the scenery never changes.....

Three words: Improvise, adapt, overcome

Ironslinger

tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10) tyzride is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    blackhawk, are you saying you don't agree with uping the cardio?

IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Getting to 12% Body Fat

Originally posted by ironslinger
    You can get to 12% no problem. First thing adujst your diet a little. Try and eat higher protein meals, and some good fats drop the carbs. Eat 5 to 6 meals a day and I would skip all diary ( no milk) drink 1 to 1.5 gal. water per day. up the cardio 5 days a week. be as strict as possible for the next 8 to 12 weeks and give us a update.
    bump.

Although cardio 5 times a weeks is alot IMO, 3 or 4 days w/o, with 3 days cardio is a split I like.

What exactly does bumb mean anyways? 5 days I agree is a little excessive. But if he wasn't losing any weight at 10-15 minutes three times a week. So he should up that to longer periods of time. About 30 minutes three days a week.

bump

BlackHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlackHawk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bump means you agree with them.

IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000) IPR is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by tyzride
    bump
    LOL

Agreed, cardio should be 20-30mins.

He didn't actually say he wasn't losing weight, just wanted comments on his plan. My bump was agreeing with ironslinger. Cardio is good, but even with it, if your not in calorie deficit you won't lose fat. Good diet plus cardio to raise the met and his on his way.

My Stats

My stats are as follows:
    6'4" and a half
    Age 22"
    chest: 49"
    bis: almost 18"
    waist: 36 and shrinking
    neck: 17"
    stomach: i can see a hint of the abs there....:-)
    stats measured by a professional of course..
    227lbs yesterday

I have been working so hard at this bodybuilding deal...

I am losing body fat like crazy..Like my abs are starting to come up.....

My goal is agian 12% by the summer. I am doing 20 mintues now every other day..i just dont want to burn out. My calorie intake is not very much I bet. I wont say any numbers....cause i dont know

Thanks for the replies and will keep you all posted.
    This is the picture that I took one year ago...It kinda old and not very good quality.
    Finally loaded.
    Attached Images

Update

Update::

m at 21% Body Fat as of today.

Have you ever heard of Taraxatone..Ita water pill. I took it once before but didnt have anyluck cause i wasnt consistent with my diet. Any ideas on a good water pill and what it does really???/

Chrohm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Me at 21%

Really bad pic....but I can make my self leaner in the right lighting as shown...

I look like i have some pretty good meat on me when relaxed
    Attached Images

Your not at 21%. No way, you look too skinny.

Billy Ocean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im guessing by the pic your in the high teens as far as bf goes. Your diet is in need of some tweaking. I dont have time to make suggestions now, but never consume fat and carbs like toast and pb in your breakfast, and drop the red meat and add fish instead if your cutting, milk and milk products also will slow your progress. I would do a search on cutting diets and get some better ideas as far as meal planning goes.

Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Re: Me at 21%

Originally posted by Chrohm
    Really bad pic....but I can make my self leaner in the right lighting as shown...

I look like i have some pretty good meat on me when relaxed
    how did you measure that 21%, because you dont look an ounce over 12% there...
    Anxed

Pull another face
    rip another hide
    steal the waning moon
    from a dying bride
    all the world must die
    all the world must die
    ripped and skinned alive...

I would have to agree. You don't look even close to 21%. Your body structure is alot like mine and I'm only at 14%
    Success is merely the decision not to fail and the desire to do everything to win.

Skumster225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Id say around 15-16 in the first pic but in the second pic because your like leaning back you look a lot leaner. You can see an outline of a 6pack. Is it possible for you to take 3 different relaxed pictures. One fron the front, side, back and that will make it easier for people to determine your bf% but no way are you 21!

mekler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

lol nah bro, i'm ~21% and hell i'd kill to be as lean as you are