LusciousLaura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Fat girl starts new way of life!

Hi! My name is Laura and I'm from Massachusetts. I've always been a fan of bodybuilders not only for their strong physical appearance, but for the drive and dedication that it takes to maintain their figures.

I'm 24 years old and I'm fat. I am 5'3" and weigh 240 lbs. I can't afford to go to the gym but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to one day compete in these competitions or at else look good in a bikini. My goal weight is 130 lbs. Do you think I can do it? I need support!

My whole family is fat and I get NO moral support. The food is just shoved in my general direction and, like a pig, I eat it. I can't stop! I need something to help me.

If I had to pick someone that I admire, I would pick "Trish Stratus." She's got the kind of body I want. We are around the same height and she's very muscular, but not masculine. That's what I'm hoping to achieve. I'll just be happy to see my weight start with a 1 instead of a 2!

If you have any ideas or tips or exercises I can do, let me know. I'm willing to post pictures of myself, but I gotta figure out how my scanner works first (blonde moment).

I'll keep posting and let you all know how I'm doing! Maybe I'll be a success story someday! Wish me luck!

Love you all!
    Laura )

PS -- Attached is a picture of what I look like (my face, anyway).
    Attached Images

EdselTrump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EdselTrump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EdselTrump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EdselTrump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EdselTrump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EdselTrump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EdselTrump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Of course you can do it! Just remember that even though it may be hard and you won't see immediate results, just keep pushing and pushing against that wall until it crumbles.

What kind of equipment or environment do you have access too? There are plenty of exercises you can do, but just give us a basic overview of what is available to you.

Welcome to BB.com, and know that everybody here is with you to give words of encouragement or offer anything else you might need. Good luck, and keep us informed!
    "Train beyond the pain, and death is your only release!"

Me: Excuse me. Is it really true that you guys don't allow deadlifts? There's a sign posted over there.

Fat receptionist lady at 24 Hour Fitness: Well..........I don't know what that is, but if it's posted, I guess that it's for your own safety.

Me: *under breath* Jesus Christ...

LusciousLaura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, first off I'd like to thank you all for your kind words of encouragement.

I live across the street from a park and I used to walk 3.5 miles every single day. The weight came flying off and I weighed 200 lbs. last year. I've since gained 40 back and need to get back in the swing of things. I started lifting weights and could lift about 20 lbs. in each arm. I also did my Tae Bo tapes at night and although I could never lift my leg as high as Billy Blanks (that bastard) I was doing pretty good! LOL ... I just gotta get back on track, but it's so hard.

I think stress is a big part of it. I just lost my job (plenty of time to exercise now) but when I'm at work (I work two jobs) I have ZERO time to exercise. I miss it. I felt great when I weighed less and everyone complimented me on how good I looked. I kinda hate that in a way because it's still me, ya know? I'm just skinnier, but I know what they mean. I just hate those fake people who only like you when you're wearing a smaller pair of jeans. Mofos!

Anyway, I'm in a size 18-20 now and I miss my size 16s!!!! I can't wait until I'm like 199 so at least I can see that 1 again!

I'm starting fresh tomorrow (since I've eaten like a pig all day). I'm thinking of getting up early and taking that long walk around the park. I miss it. I think I'm gonna do it.

Laura )

PS -- Attached is another pic. I straightened my hair and I want you all to see how good it looks before I wash it (LOL!)
    Attached Images

Paul Vitti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paul Vitti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paul Vitti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paul Vitti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paul Vitti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paul Vitti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paul Vitti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paul Vitti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paul Vitti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paul Vitti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Paul Vitti is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    CARDIO CARDIO CARDIO ....i was once about 210 and 5 5' ...i am now same height but about 145 with muscle.....if u do cardio 4-6 days a week for about 45min -1hour...the pounds will jus melt...in a month u will be about 10 lbs lighter...and i jus ate right....nuthing but water to drink, no snacks(besides fruits), no fast food, and most importantly regulate those carbs!!! if u do these things i am sure u will get good results...its all up to you and ur commitment ..i can relate to wat ur goin through but once u get some results u will neva go bak! i kno i wont....

Good luck
    BoneZ

CrazyEights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrazyEights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrazyEights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrazyEights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrazyEights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrazyEights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrazyEights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrazyEights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CrazyEights has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah, doing lots of cardio is the only way to burn off those fats. Try 45 min - 1 hour of running 4 or 5 times a week. Its very tiring at first probably for the first month but once you motivate yourself and keep running, it'll get easier and easier.

Also, when you run, you need energy. So don't starve yourself to death and not eat, it's unhealthy. The nutrition you eat is also a big part of your weight loss just as much as your cardio. Eat in moderation and eat HEATHLY. Like people have already said, no fast oily food or unhealthy snacks. Watch what you eat and you should be fine. The George Foreman grill is a great way to cook your food because most of the fat and grease slides off of it.

Remember, losing pounds is hard for everyone not just for people who are overweight. The people who have lost a real good amount of pounds exercised and dedicated themselves for more then half a year. And don't check your weight everyday. Check it once every two weeks. You will not notice the weight loss right away but over a few months. If you are really dedicated then a few months is not a long time. Set youself a goal and with real dedication you WILL be skinny. Also, exercising is an ONGOING process. Once you get to a certain weight that is your goal, continue exercising. It's the only way to maintain your weight and being healthy. Don't stop exercising or your weight will bounce back up. Remember, lots of cardio, healthy food, and a killer dedication is all it takes. Good Luck.

Carnage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carnage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carnage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carnage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carnage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carnage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carnage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Carnage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    They are right about cardio, but I think you first need to get your diet in order. Don't go on any radical diets, just eat clean, healthy foods. Cut out all the soda, and fried foods and candy. If you do this, the weight should come off gradually, but steadily. This is the best way to lose weight and keep it off. It will be good to add some cardio, but the diet is what you need to concentrate on now, in my opinion. Good luck and don't go on a "diet", but make a lifestyle change.

Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Re: Fat girl starts new way of life!

Originally posted by LusciousLaura
    I'm 24 years old and I'm fat. I am 5'3" and weigh 240 lbs. I can't afford to go to the gym but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to one day compete in these competitions or at else look good in a bikini. My goal weight is 130 lbs. Do you think I can do it? I need support!

Dumb question. The whole moral of bodybuilding is that your physical appearance is completely within your control as long as you have the drive and willpower. Its a long and hard road, but a rewarding one of so many levels. Its very gratifying since you have so much to lose. The trick is to set smaller goals first. And remember, as long as you lose weight, whether its an ounce a month or a pound a week, its progress and you are getting closer to your goal.

If I had to pick someone that I admire, I would pick "Trish Stratus." She's got the kind of body I want. We are around the same height and she's very muscular, but not masculine. That's what I'm hoping to achieve. I'll just be happy to see my weight start with a 1 instead of a 2!

Well that wouldn't be my pick, but if that's your goal it won't hurt to put up posters and pictures of her to remind yourself. Perhaps a video you can watch over and over again, those things work inspirational.

If you have any ideas or tips or exercises I can do, let me know. I'm willing to post pictures of myself, but I gotta figure out how my scanner works first (blonde moment).

Your first priority should be the nutritional aspect and some mild cardio. But be it nutrition, exercise or supplementation, you will find there are many people here who are willing to help. Your question is too broad for an answer, if I were to tell you what I know it would take me years, and then you still wouldn't know it all. One step at a time.

Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000) Mark21087 is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Re: Fat girl starts new way of life!

Originally posted by Big Cat

Well that wouldn't be my pick, but if that's your goal it won't hurt to put up posters and pictures of her to remind yourself. Perhaps a video you can watch over and over again, those things work inspirational.

[/B]
    Who would be your pick?
    "Don't give up, your too strong"-Earl Simmons

MARYLAND STATE CUP NATURAL BODYBUILDING CHAMPIONSHIPS 2nd place Teen division

Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Timea probably, angel teeves perhaps.

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My bodybuilding idol Dr. Joe Klemczewski once told me "life is all about attitude. Most people who fail in their goals...fail before they start b/c they don't really mean it when they say they are going to do something. By putting it in writing and saying it and meaning it...you have already won...the rest is easy. It's all about attitude, life is what you make it Layne, make it a success."

I think about that everytime I hit the gym.

Peace

Originally posted by str8flexed
    My bodybuilding idol Dr. Joe Klemczewski once told me "life is all about attitude. Most people who fail in their goals...fail before they start b/c they don't really mean it when they say they are going to do something. By putting it in writing and saying it and meaning it...you have already won...the rest is easy. It's all about attitude, life is what you make it Layne, make it a success."

I think about that everytime I hit the gym.

Peace
    good point indeed. But the general purpose of motivational notes and pictures is the same. You want it, and by confronting yourself with the ideal and your own shortcomings, you tend to get more serious.

str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by Big Cat
    good point indeed. But the general purpose of motivational notes and pictures is the same. You want it, and by confronting yourself with the ideal and your own shortcomings, you tend to get more serious.
    this is true...although I never really implemented it. I just wrote everything down and made myself have no choice but to accomplish it. Just like I'm going to get 28" quads by this time next year or die trying

The Greg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Greg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Greg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Greg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Greg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Greg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    best of luck to you!

if someone with over 5000 posts says you can do it, trust em, ya can

i dont got much advice, just be persistant!

Ender has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ender has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ender has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ender has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ender has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ender has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ender has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ender has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ender has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ender has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ender has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow Laura, I'm impressed! You got Big Cat and str8 to come out of the woodwork. They both know pretty much everything about BBing. I know from his articles and posts that str8flexed is a master of nutritional discipline, which is without a doubt the first thing you need to focus on.

You said yourself that you eat like a pig. Not to be mean, but what do you expect the results to be? I'm just trying to motivate you here. Speaking of which, I put a poster of Arnold on my fridge. It's a poster of out some BS M&F magazine that I bought just to get it, but he just looks awesome in it. Just raw slabs of muscle everywhere. I can't eat a single thing without being confronted with what I want to look like. My problem is a little different than yours, I have to really work at eating enough to gain weight (lean weight of course) but it's all about discipline. I was an endurance athlete in college and I could eat ANYTHING and I didn't gain any fat. Needless to say when I graduated that had to change, plus I started BBing so my eating habits needed a complete overhaul. I couldn't get away with bags of M&Ms at the movies for example. Not if I wanted to get big without getting fat. Realistically I know that I'm not going to look exactly like that poster without performance enhancers, but I'll be damned if I'm not going to get as close as I can without them.

Like someone else suggested, put a picture of Trish up, I'd say on your fridge. Look at it everytime you're getting something to eat and ask yourself whether what you're about to do is going to help you reach your goal or hurt you. If your family bitches about having to look at it ask them why it bothers them and then tell them too bad. Don't give in. If you eat drivethrough fast food a lot tape a smaller pic to your dashboard. All you have to do is find that willpower and motivation and the $hit takes on a life of it's own, trust me. Pretty soon you'll start associating that burger and fries with the way you don't want to look, the way you hate, and it won't look appetizing at all anymore. At least that's what works for me.

Oh, and cardio is your friend until you shed most of that unwanted weight, your very very best friend. Get some headphones and some music that gets you going, and get going. Make a habit of it and before you know it if you try to skip a day the guilt will just gnaw at you until you "give in" and go do it. That's the way it is with me and lifting anyways. Sorry I wrote so much by the way, didn't mean to. Remember 1 lb at a time, 110 ain't going to happen overnight.

By the way, you have a great looking face, now go make you body match it and keep us posted!
    No, no try...only do...or do not...there is no try.

mmm...Poptart

Ender thank you for the compliments...but I really have a lot to learn about bodybuilding still. I am far from a master but thank you for your kind comments.

Laura...I tell you what let me see what I can do to help. Write down everything you eat over the next 3 days...you don't have to diet...I want to see what you eat normally.

The key to keeping someone on any diet is to make the changes as little as possible but get the optimal results from those changes. Most diets fail b/c they are too radical for people to follow. So if your up to it...write down everything you eat for the next three days...this includes all beverages as well.

Peace,
    -Layne