LusciousLaura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Fat girl starts new way of life!

Hi! My name is Laura and I'm from Massachusetts. I've always been a fan of bodybuilders not only for their strong physical appearance, but for the drive and dedication that it takes to maintain their figures.

I'm 24 years old and I'm fat. I am 5'3" and weigh 240 lbs. I can't afford to go to the gym but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to one day compete in these competitions or at else look good in a bikini. My goal weight is 130 lbs. Do you think I can do it? I need support!

My whole family is fat and I get NO moral support. The food is just shoved in my general direction and, like a pig, I eat it. I can't stop! I need something to help me.

If I had to pick someone that I admire, I would pick "Trish Stratus." She's got the kind of body I want. We are around the same height and she's very muscular, but not masculine. That's what I'm hoping to achieve. I'll just be happy to see my weight start with a 1 instead of a 2!

If you have any ideas or tips or exercises I can do, let me know. I'm willing to post pictures of myself, but I gotta figure out how my scanner works first (blonde moment).

I'll keep posting and let you all know how I'm doing! Maybe I'll be a success story someday! Wish me luck!

Love you all!
    Laura )

PS -- Attached is a picture of what I look like (my face, anyway).
    Attached Images

ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000)
    uhhhh..you need to treat your hair better!

how about going back to the natural color?

you want to lose 110lbs? that's a "BIG BITE" to chew!

what about mini goals.......say
    200....then....170......then...140...etc.?
    "i just might fade into Bolivian" ~ MIKE TYSON

Machine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Machine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Machine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Machine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Machine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Machine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Machine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Machine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Machine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Machine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Machine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Did you post this same thing all over the board?
    People who go around pretending to know everything are annoying those of us who really do.

zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by ROCK CRUSHER
    uhhhh..you need to treat your hair better!

how about going back to the natural color?

you want to lose 110lbs? that's a "BIG BITE" to chew!

what about mini goals.......say
    200....then....170......then...140...etc.?
    How about giving her some encouragement, instead of saying her hair looks bad.

Laura- of course you can do it. it will take some time, though, and it wont be easy. but stick with it, and you can do anything. I dont have time to post more tonight, but ill try to write some more in the next day or so.
    --Zack
    www.FortifiedIron.com
    forums.FortifiedIron.com

Thumbs up

Yeah, thanx for nothing ... LOL ... some people are such idiots.

Why did you "dis" my hair? I thought it looked good and BTW ... I am a natural blonde.

Thanx for the good laugh, though.

Laura )

ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by LusciousLaura

Why did you "dis" my hair? I thought it looked good and BTW ... I am a natural blonde.

Laura )
    natural blonde with dark roots?

it looks fried too me!

DIDACTIC BB "HCIC" TESTOSTERONE's Avatar
    TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000)

Cool Hello

Laura, you sure don't look like you weigh 240 in that pic,you look very pretty (must be an old pic) anyway you look like the type of person that can take on a challenge head first and come out on top, good luck Laura you can do it
    Last edited by TESTOSTERONE; 01-12-2003 at 07:58 PM.
    *GODSMACK*

Wink

Thank you, sweetie. I'm single, ya know (LOL!)

Anyway, that isn't an old pic. I only have two pics of myself. One was taken in November and one was taken yesterday, so whatever one I've posted is of me at my current weight of 240.

I have no comment for that other jerk who insists I'm not a natural blonde. He's just jealous because he'll never really find out if I'm telling the truth or not.

Laura

TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000) TESTOSTERONE is a name known to all. (+5000)

Wink You're welcome

LOL! I like it, a hottie with a sense of humor Welcome to the board,I'm sure you'll find all sorts of info to help you in your endevor,and if you have any questions we have alot of well educated vets that I'm sure will gladly help you BTW I'm single too
    Attached Images
    *GODSMACK*

Wow! You're extremely handsome. I'm starting to like this board more and more ...

Laura

PS -- Thanx for all your kinds words. I wish you all lived in Massachusetts so that I could have workout buddies.

Wow! You're extremely handsome. I'm starting to like this board more and more ...

Laura

PS -- Thanx for all your kinds words. I wish you all lived in Massachusetts so that I could have workout buddies.
    Thanks for your kind words I'm sure you can find a workout partner near where you live,if not how do you feel about moving lol
    *GODSMACK*

I'm blushing! Hell, I'll move down there if you'll be my workout buddy. You can "spot" me as I lift, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no comment for that other jerk who insists I'm not a natural blonde. He's just jealous because he'll never really find out if I'm telling the truth or not.

Laura
    i don't think i would like that smell!:

i'll leave that to TESTOSTERONE!

I'm blushing! Hell, I'll move down there if you'll be my workout buddy. You can "spot" me as I lift, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOL!! of course I'll spot you bunny I love those 15-20 minute workouts
    *GODSMACK*

Originally posted by ROCK CRUSHER
    i don't think i would like that smell!:

i'll leave that to TESTOSTERONE!
    you're probably still a virgin anyway, no need to dis her
    *GODSMACK*

Yeah, you probably wouldn't even know what to do with one that didn't belong to you mother.

Yeah, you probably wouldn't even know what to do with one that didn't belong to you mother.
    LMAO!! I love it HA! hahahaha good comeback
    *GODSMACK*

do what? with yours?

kick it?
    punch it?
    piss on it? (my favorite)
    slap it? (if it won't listen)
    lick it? (that's nasty)
    kiss it? (that's nastier)
    **** it? (only with TESTY'S slong)

oh...at 240lbs when's the last time you've seen your "IT"? is it down there somewhere............

(sorry had to go there,but you talked about my mom)

quit while your ahead

Touche!

You went after my hair; I went after your mama. It's been a full evening. LOL!

Goodnight!!!!

Laura

nite nite

Touche!

You went after my hair; I went after your mama. It's been a full evening. LOL!

Goodnight!!!!

Laura
    LOL!! I guess that's a fair trade, this chick has spunk and don't take any crap, I like that
    *GODSMACK*

ahnold8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahnold8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahnold8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahnold8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahnold8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahnold8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahnold8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahnold8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahnold8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahnold8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahnold8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Who gives a flying f**ck about her hair, she didnt post asking for beauty school advice, this is bodybuilding.com.

Congrats on your decision to change, hopefully you will stick with it, it'll take lots of time and effort. Of course you can reach 130, that is completely up to YOU, and whether you have what it takes (if you do then your family will see the change in you and will most likely be looking to you for support in reaching their (new) goals.
    Initially i wouldnt worry if you dont have a gym as walking/jogging will start you on your way.
    Just start avoiding crap foods (like pizza, sugery foods, etc.), and commit yourself to specific times you know will be open for exercising (and remember "there is no tommarrow"-Apollo Creed)

Also check out the womens section, some people there have completed similar transformations and would probably be willing to help.
    done with stupid board

i hope everyone here (particularly those with 1000+ posts) rejoins the human race sometime

JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Fat girl starts new way of life!

I'm 24 years old and I'm fat. I am 5'3" and weigh 240 lbs. I can't afford to go to the gym but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to one day compete in these competitions or at else look good in a bikini. My goal weight is 130 lbs. Do you think I can do it? I need support!

My whole family is fat and I get NO moral support. The food is just shoved in my general direction and, like a pig, I eat it. I can't stop! I need something to help me.

If you have any ideas or tips or exercises I can do, let me know. I'm willing to post pictures of myself, but I gotta figure out how my scanner works first (blonde moment).
    Laura,

The most important thing for you is if YOU think you can do it. As long as you believe that you can do this, and don't just say that you want to do it, you will easily find the motivation to change

The best advice I can give you right now is to look at your life as a whole. If you want to change the way you look, especially the kind of changes you are looking to make, you have to change your whole life.

The worst thing someone who is trying to quite smoking can do is hand with smokers. If your family is really that bad then you need to stay away from them. You need to surround yourself with people who are positive and will give you the support you need.

The first real change I had to make when I was first getting into bodybuilding was to stop hanging around people who thought every meal was a social occasion. I now eat to support the nutritional needs of my body. I lost some friends that way, but looking back I know I did the right thing.

In terms of exercise I would just suggest that you try and be more active in your daily life. Take the stairs instead of the elevator, get off the bus one or two stops early and walk(these may not apply to you but I think you get the point). Go to Wal-mart and buy a cheap pair of hand weights and do something at home.

Write your goals down and take it one day at a time. Start out slow and build up. It will take time, but as long as you are consistent and dedicated you will achieve your goals.

Good luck with everything.

aaronjl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i think your first objective rather than these exercises would be firstly to choose the right foods to eat, that way when you do the exercises you will get the best possible results. However dont ever crash diet (never works) and try to get around 5-6 meals for the day (keeps the metabolism up). Once you feel you can up keep the diet then you can start exercising.

hope that helps,

T800 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice post James and aaronjl. Bump.

Laura, looking at your photo noone would guess that you're 240. You have got a really good foundation to work with (you're pretty) so it's just a matter of putting the time and effort into changing your habits.

If you can keep up the motivation and get to view food as a fuel rather than a hobby (as I used to) you will do fine.

In terms of setting goals, it's probably fair to say that you should be aware of your final goals, but be aware that it has taken years to gain the weight, so it won't come off in days.

Expecting miracle changes overnight is a quick way to kill your motivation, so smaller milestones may be better. But looking at the bigger picture... by this summer you will have made good progress and by next summer you will be really turning heads.

I don't see food as I used to... which helps. You will have to learn about which foods are healthy and which aren't and plan out what calories you should be having, etc, but the question I always ask myself when I'm buying food is

"hmm that looks nice, but would I like to wear it?"

Another question you should ask when you are about to snack is "am I hungry or am I bored?" as I used to eat when I had nothing better to do!

Ignore the criticism - it's not even accurate. And you look natural blonde to me. Unfortunately, you may find you get better support from the women's boards as they don't have to act like macho chicken sh!ts to impress their friends
    Let Iron be your judge.

Fire_ice_m has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb You can do it :))

Hi Laura,

I congratulate you on setting a goal and wish you all the best in attaining it. To help you along I have a cousin who weighed 225 at 28 years of age and wanted to return back to her earlies 20 weight of 125-128lbs. She was approx 5'6 in height. I am happy to say approx 11 months later she is down to 132-136lbs and is now trying to knowck off the last remaining 8 stubborn pounds.

She started off on her own at home, as she was very self conscious and didn't want to set foot in a gym. I told her to start off slow and steady as The key is to know that there is no miracle transformation and as well you will not loose all your weight in a week. Diet and improving your metabolism should be your short term goals. Going for 45-1hr walks 3-4 times a week and watching what you eat will do wonders at the beggining to get you going and motivated (remember to drink lots of water and stay away from carbs after 6pm). After walking for approx 2.5 weeks my cousin progressed to alternating between 20-25 mins of light jogging and the only other thing she had... a jump rope.
    she did that for approx 3 weeks. After 8 weeks she has lost 21 pounds. She was trying to ease into it with working out and adjusting to a modified diet plan.

At this point she was also in the habit of eating smarter and still treating herself as well. It wasn't untill the 3rd and 4rth months when she increased her workouts to 30-35 mins and started to add resistance training by jogging uphills, stairs modified pushups and situps that she saw her biggest losss, she had lost 34.5 pounds in that period. By now she was ecstatic and wanted to keep going. I told her to mix up her routine and to start adding some strenghth and muscle as well. Still not comfortable to go to a gym, but getting there. Her friend had a pool so what she did is (she saw this in a movie) she started to do her jogging in a pool twice a week. I went with her a couple of times and man was it tough I give that girl all the props for that that must have been a painful 14 pounds to loose. I must say it was Aug at that time and the thing is even though she had lost only 14 pounds, the fact that she had packed on more strenghth and had toned up you would have sworn she had lost more than 14lbs.

with the winter coming on now and it getting too cold to swim run and jog outside I convinced her to go to the gym with me. She fianlly agreed and she had a blast ever since. She said the biggest thing that she had noticed at the gym is how many people were there to help and assist and as well when you aren't as motivated on some days there are people who feel the same way as you and are there to help you get through it. I told her that the gym is a small little social community in itself and we are all going for the same goal.

She said that if she wasn't so intimidated by the gym before she would have come from day1. But I thing it worked out better this way for her as she went at her own pace. The next few months she saw slow but steady gains and is now 8 or so pounds away from her goal.

I hope my cousin's story helps to let you know that it's never too late to start and as well there are success stories as well.

Peace out.

Delynn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Fat girl starts new way of life!

Hi Laura
    Have you ever heard of Joyce Vedral? Her workouts are fantastic.
    She has a web page. I think it's www.joycevedral.com
    She would be a great start for beginning body builders and help to lose weight too! She also has a message board without people like Rock Crusher.

llama1917 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

hm

wait, what's wrong with her hair? she looks pretty hot to me... not really like 240, her face should be chubier... <shrug> why would you even say that? not only is it randomly insulting a person thats just asking for help, but it wastes people's time having to read bull****....

off course you "can" do it, anything is possible. If you are really serious though, you have to take pretty crazy steps.

no beer/alchohol
    no pizza
    no ice cream
    no chips
    no break/carbs after 6 pm
    no baked goods/sweets
    no candy
    no soda
    no eating out

lots of skim milk (but not past 6), some peanuts, nonfat yogurt, whole wheat grains in morning, some low fat meats/poultry

eat as many vegatables as you want, till you're stuffed. like 1/2 cabbage a day!

try drinking tons of coffee... keeps down appetite :-)

try getting rid of most of your food, so you cant even eat if you wanted to.

dont follow a bulking diet; you wont lose weight!!! (obviously)

if you can see it, and you can believe it, you can achieve it

Surgeon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Fat

Laura,

I used to be fat, close to 200 lbs at 5'8". One summer, I injured my knee, and began rehab'ing my knee on my own. I noticed after a month of aerobic and weight exercises that I was losing weight and looking great! I started out not being able to run more than a quarter of a lap around a track (1/16 mi), and benching forty five lbs. Eventually, over the course the last few years, I reached a peak of running a 6 min. mile, being able to run 5-6 mi. at a decent speed, and benching a peak of 245 lbs. Now, I weigh 150.

Not bad for a nerd. Unfortunately, nerding has taken over a little again, so I'm a lot weaker and slower, but not overweight or misproportionate, just lean.

It will take a lot of energy and effort and first. And, an extreme amount of self control despite your family situation. Having an avid athlete or exercise partner is HUGE in getting to your goals. I'm not saying you can't do it by yourself, but after this many years, at your current state, it's obvious that just a flick of the willpower is NOT going to cut it and HAS NOT cut it. Schedules, routines, etc. are necessary, Finding what you can eat without sacrficing nutrition, and more importantly, taste, will be tough.

But, we've all got hopes for ya, and I wish ya luck!

Just realize that anyone who can dream can make those dreams a reality. It's only a matter of time and energy put it. That's it. The actual process is easy and rather mundane; but keeping the constant, high level of motivation is the problem.

It's simple; you can do it. Now, just do it.

Good luck and I hope for a healthier life for ya......

Surgeon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

A different sort of inspiration

Take a look at the thread --> Post Your Pictures > A New Photograph of Mine. It's different than your situation, yet, still inspiring, I think.