borderline has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borderline has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borderline has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borderline has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borderline has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borderline has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borderline has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borderline has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borderline has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borderline has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borderline has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Alcohol on training days

I know how alcohol will negatively affect bodybuilding but I have a specific question because I am in college and will drink sometimes.... Should I not train on days that I will be drinking and if I do how long should I wait to start drinking after the workout is done. I plan on just not training on days that i drink but I wonder am I really helping myself that much by doing this?

TravisLehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravisLehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravisLehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravisLehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravisLehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravisLehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravisLehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravisLehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravisLehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravisLehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TravisLehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by borderline
    I know how alcohol will negatively affect bodybuilding but I have a specific question because I am in college and will drink sometimes.... Should I not train on days that I will be drinking and if I do how long should I wait to start drinking after the workout is done. I plan on just not training on days that i drink but I wonder am I really helping myself that much by doing this?
    u should definitely train on days u do drink, just dont plan on a good workout the day after. alcohol really impairs physical activity for at least 24 hours after consumption. i would just stay out of the gym after a night of heavy drinking because ur intensity will be low and the workout will be relatively ineffective unless u wait till very late that night. just feel it out and listen to your body.

borderline has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borderline has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borderline has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borderline has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borderline has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borderline has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borderline has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borderline has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borderline has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borderline has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borderline has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanx a lot for the info.... does anyone know how long you should wait to start drinking after a workout. ex. is waiting 7 hours really that much better than only waiting 3 hours?

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by borderline
    Thanx a lot for the info.... does anyone know how long you should wait to start drinking after a workout. ex. is waiting 7 hours really that much better than only waiting 3 hours?
    Oh man, don't go drinking a few hours after lifting. The answer is yes, that is a terrible idea.

Beating that damn logbook SpeedUp2's Avatar
    SpeedUp2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpeedUp2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpeedUp2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpeedUp2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpeedUp2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SpeedUp2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am in a similar situation with you, and if I go drinking, I do it on fridays, so I don't do any workout on friday and saturday. On friday, even if I had a workout around noon and then drink 7-8+ hours later, on the next day I don't feel recovered at all. On sat, you also would not have recovered enough to do a quality workout. Still, if it depends on ME only and I had to choose one of the two days to workout, it would be the day after, because I know I would do the proper recovery after training, but that's just me.

Try not to drink close to your workout and do whatever suits you and your recovery.
    My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6324151