Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

borderline has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borderline has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borderline has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borderline has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Alcohol on training days

I know how alcohol will negatively affect bodybuilding but I have a specific question because I am in college and will drink sometimes.... Should I not train on days that I will be drinking and if I do how long should I wait to start drinking after the workout is done. I plan on just not training on days that i drink but I wonder am I really helping myself that much by doing this?

Stats: 6'0", 150 lbs
    BodyPoints: 961
    TravisLehr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TravisLehr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TravisLehr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TravisLehr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TravisLehr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TravisLehr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TravisLehr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TravisLehr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TravisLehr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TravisLehr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TravisLehr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit TravisLehr's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by borderline
    I know how alcohol will negatively affect bodybuilding but I have a specific question because I am in college and will drink sometimes.... Should I not train on days that I will be drinking and if I do how long should I wait to start drinking after the workout is done. I plan on just not training on days that i drink but I wonder am I really helping myself that much by doing this?
    u should definitely train on days u do drink, just dont plan on a good workout the day after. alcohol really impairs physical activity for at least 24 hours after consumption. i would just stay out of the gym after a night of heavy drinking because ur intensity will be low and the workout will be relatively ineffective unless u wait till very late that night. just feel it out and listen to your body.

borderline has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borderline has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borderline has a spectacular aura about. (+250) borderline has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanx a lot for the info.... does anyone know how long you should wait to start drinking after a workout. ex. is waiting 7 hours really that much better than only waiting 3 hours?

Registered Broscientist Black_Spit's Avatar
    Stats: 5'10", 3 lbs
    BodyPoints: 17807
    Black_Spit has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Black_Spit has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Black_Spit has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Black_Spit has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Black_Spit has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Black_Spit has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Black_Spit has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Black_Spit has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Black_Spit has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Black_Spit has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Black_Spit has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Black_Spit's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by borderline
    Thanx a lot for the info.... does anyone know how long you should wait to start drinking after a workout. ex. is waiting 7 hours really that much better than only waiting 3 hours?
    Oh man, don't go drinking a few hours after lifting. The answer is yes, that is a terrible idea.
    Training Journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159606881

Raw Total 1500 - 11/1/14
    560/370/570

1500 video
    http://youtu.be/-EasaC3oPcA

Beating that damn logbook SpeedUp2's Avatar
    Stats: 5'7", 193 lbs
    BodyPoints: 1299
    SpeedUp2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpeedUp2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpeedUp2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpeedUp2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpeedUp2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SpeedUp2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Visit SpeedUp2's BodySpace
    I am in a similar situation with you, and if I go drinking, I do it on fridays, so I don't do any workout on friday and saturday. On friday, even if I had a workout around noon and then drink 7-8+ hours later, on the next day I don't feel recovered at all. On sat, you also would not have recovered enough to do a quality workout. Still, if it depends on ME only and I had to choose one of the two days to workout, it would be the day after, because I know I would do the proper recovery after training, but that's just me.

Try not to drink close to your workout and do whatever suits you and your recovery.
    My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6324151