juggernaut=-= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juggernaut=-= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best Angle For Incline Bench Presses

What im looking for here is people to post what they have found as the best angle to do incline bench pressing for maximizeing growth of the upper chest, which is a lagging point for many bodybuilders. When I say what angle you find best I really mean that, not what you think is best, but what actually gave you a noticable increase in upper chest mass. In other words you have to actually experimented with different angles. Im creating this thread to help everybody out there have a wicked chest, mayby one like arnold, lol, one that you can set a bottle of beer on, lol. Feel free to include rep ranges, arm angles, etc, etc, that you have found to work the best, as well as any other exercises you have found to be a great mass builder for the upper chest. Thanks to all who contribute!
    favorite quote, (Ronnie Coleman) "Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weight!" Not sure why hes using a double negitive there, I think its cause all the blood in his head rushed into his legs after all those 800 pound squats, lol.

Best possible advice: make the mind-muscle connection.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Implementing heavy (relative) Incline DBs at approx 30 degrees gave me a noticable increase in upper chest mass over the years.

Ladies Love Squat Butt Morbid_Mind's Avatar
    Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't know what the angle is, I don't have a protractor and I don't want/care to speculate. But this is the bench we have and I put it on the first slot. Any higher and it's too much emphasis on the front delts.
    My Goals:

For to make the heavy weights light and the baggy clothes tight.

juggernaut=-= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juggernaut=-= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump, come one dudes, keeps 'em comin'! need as many replys as possible!
    favorite quote, (Ronnie Coleman) "Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weight!" Not sure why hes using a double negitive there, I think its cause all the blood in his head rushed into his legs after all those 800 pound squats, lol.

Registered User AnaerobicAndrew's Avatar
    AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000)
    15-30 degrees.
    "Swim 2.4 miles. Bike 112 miles. Run 26.2 miles. BRAG for the rest of your life." IRONMAN TRIATHLON

Es gibt keinen anderen Teufel als den wir in unserem eigenen Herzen haben.

Consistency + Knowledge BodySculpting's Avatar
    BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    15-30 max. After that too much shoulder becomes incorporated.
    "The only way out of hell, is through it. "

i personally also use 15-30 degrees, and occasionnally will do 3 sets of each setting.