tr3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tr3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tr3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tr3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tr3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tr3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tr3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tr3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tr3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tr3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tr3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Squid contains high percentage of good cholesterol (HDL)?

Is it true that squid and octopus contain mostly the HDL kind of cholesterol, the good & healthy kind? Below is a quote I got from another forum quoting the American Heart Association

"quote from the american heart association

About one-third to one-fourth of blood cholesterol is carried by high-density lipoprotein (HDL). HDL cholesterol is known as the "good" cholesterol because a high level of it seems to protect against heart attack. (Low HDL cholesterol levels [less than 40 mg/dL] increase the risk for heart disease.) Medical experts think that HDL tends to carry cholesterol away from the arteries and back to the liver, where it's passed from the body. Some experts believe that HDL removes excess cholesterol from plaque in arteries, thus slowing the buildup.

shellfish are all fairly high in cholesterol as compared to the same weight of meats like beef, lamb and chicken, the difference is the HDL compared to LDL cholesterol, which is the one that clogs arteries. This is the difference between the good and band cholesterol everybody talks about

omega-3 essential polyunsaturated fatty acids (n-3 PUFAs) specifically block excessive sodium and calcium currents in the heart. Those excessive electrical discharges cause dangerous and erratic changes in heart rhythm.

squid, shellfish, fish, and generally all seafoods are probably the healtiest meats on the planet."

Squid is hella cheap and really yummy, and is very high in protein at 7g per serving of 15g. A 120g bag of snack squid I got from an Asian grocery costed me only $2.50. Sodium is rather low at 257mg, contains only 2g of sugar and no fat at all. It contains 75mg of cholesterol, which I'm hoping to be the good kind. The taste is as good if not better than beef jerky.

BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As long as it's not breaded/fried calamari you're good to go. Exotic protein sources such as that add tons of variety to the ole' chicken n' tuna sources many grow tired of.

Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Squid?!

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

You ate squid?!

Ewwwwwww!!

I don't think it is gonna hurt you, either way. Other than that it is f**king nasty. The macros sound good, and that's cool it is low in sodium.

Sorry for the immaturity, it's just, ew, dude, ew.
    "Every woman should have four pets in her life: a mink in her closet; a jaguar in
    her garage; a tiger in her bed; and a jackass who pays for everything." ~Paris Hilton~

The "diet" industry is the only business in the world that succeeds by failure.

BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigPappaSmurf will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TricepGirl
    Squid?!

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

You ate squid?!

Ewwwwwww!!

I don't think it is gonna hurt you, either way. Other than that it is f**king nasty. The macros sound good, and that's cool it is low in sodium.

Sorry for the immaturity, it's just, ew, dude, ew.
    Have you ever tried it? It's quite good.

Looking at other meats like lobster and crab alive, a person who's never tried them would probably be sickened too.

Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Crab and lobster?!

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! Exoskeleton!! Ewwww!!

I'm so boring with my meats, sorry.
    "Every woman should have four pets in her life: a mink in her closet; a jaguar in
    her garage; a tiger in her bed; and a jackass who pays for everything." ~Paris Hilton~

The "diet" industry is the only business in the world that succeeds by failure.

wuzzo87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wuzzo87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wuzzo87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wuzzo87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wuzzo87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wuzzo87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wuzzo87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wuzzo87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wuzzo87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wuzzo87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wuzzo87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey, U gotta try squid raw, or with soy or a squeeze of lime/lemon!
    Damn sweet, juicy and tasty!!! (i'm serious)

tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tweaked17 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    the only shellfish i can tolerate are good ol shrimp. I down more than a dozen when I BBQ em and my mom usually says somethin like "whoa cholesterol"

But my cholesterol is the best in the family =)
    2007 INBF Long Island Experience:
    1st Place Novice Lightweight & Overall
    Best Legs
    ----------------------

Disclaimer: The above can at best be considered an opinion or an offering of advice, and should be treated as such.

beefjerky is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefjerky is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefjerky is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefjerky is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefjerky is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefjerky is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefjerky is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefjerky is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefjerky is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefjerky is on a distinguished road. (+10) beefjerky is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Mnn! I Love squid!
    Calamari TricepGirl?