justcrash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Elevated heart rate after workout... is it normal?

Hello all. I notice that my heart rate stays elevated long after I workout. It is usually stays high up until bed time. I just started working out about 3 weeks ago, but really got serious for the last week and a half.

Is this normal?

mikeygotz1 is not very helpful. (-500) mikeygotz1 is not very helpful. (-500) mikeygotz1 is not very helpful. (-500) mikeygotz1 is not very helpful. (-500) mikeygotz1 is not very helpful. (-500) mikeygotz1 is not very helpful. (-500) mikeygotz1 is not very helpful. (-500) mikeygotz1 is not very helpful. (-500) mikeygotz1 is not very helpful. (-500) mikeygotz1 is not very helpful. (-500) mikeygotz1 is not very helpful. (-500)
    hmm
    depending on the workout mine usually gets up there for like 10-15 mins after

when you do alot of cardio you're heart will be able to pump more blood in less pumps as it gets stronger
    i wouldent worry too much
    stay hydrated after though

If it gets bad you should see a doctor like if you pass out or something
    149.1 LBS
    5 feet 10 inches
    12% body fat
    13 years old
    144395 point(s) total
    seriously who keeps changing my sig?

juggernaut=-= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) juggernaut=-= has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    id get to the doctor, it shouldent stay elevated for very long after the last set
    favorite quote, (Ronnie Coleman) "Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weight!" Not sure why hes using a double negitive there, I think its cause all the blood in his head rushed into his legs after all those 800 pound squats, lol.

Best possible advice: make the mind-muscle connection.

Originally Posted by mikeygotz1
    hmm
    depending on the workout mine usually gets up there for like 10-15 mins after

when you do alot of cardio you're heart will be able to pump more blood in less pumps as it gets stronger
    i wouldent worry too much
    stay hydrated after though

If it gets bad you should see a doctor like if you pass out or something

Ok so it is normal then? Cool. I haven't passed out yet. Its almost liek I am having a panic attck but it isn't an attack. Its just the really fast heart beat.

I try to get my HR up to 150-152 and keep it there for about 20 minutes or so.

I am guessing that since I have been pretty inactive over the last 6-7 years it is just the ol' ticker protesting the new activity.

Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think you shoud contact your doctor and see what he says. I have a few heart problems and a few flags do go up..NOthing big but I would bet he will want to put on a holter monitor for a few days.
    HuH?

braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000)
    It depends. If you are not fit and exercise, your heart rate will be high for a while afterwards. If you are fit, your heart rate will decrease after exercise. The more fit you are, the faster it will drop back down to normal.

Zac Robinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zac Robinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zac Robinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zac Robinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zac Robinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zac Robinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zac Robinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zac Robinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zac Robinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zac Robinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zac Robinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You should absolutely go to the doctor, like the other guys stated it should return to normal after training, of course the more fit you are the faster it will return to normal, but you stated that it is remaining high until bedtime. Not sure what time you workout, but I am guessing that this is a long time! Take it easy until you get it checked out and are cleared, better to be safe than sorry!!!

diggy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not that I know what I am talking about, but are you using any other supplements or made drastic changes to your diet lately? Could be an intolerance to something you are eating/drinking pre/post workout?

Originally Posted by diggy
    Not that I know what I am talking about, but are you using any other supplements or made drastic changes to your diet lately? Could be an intolerance to something you are eating/drinking pre/post workout?
    I have been eating less, but thats about it. I was done working out yesterday at 3 and my HR still felt high at 11 PM.

Originally Posted by braindx
    It depends. If you are not fit and exercise, your heart rate will be high for a while afterwards. If you are fit, your heart rate will decrease after exercise. The more fit you are, the faster it will drop back down to normal.
    I am in no way, shape or form "in shape".

Originally Posted by Chipman
    I think you shoud contact your doctor and see what he says. I have a few heart problems and a few flags do go up..NOthing big but I would bet he will want to put on a holter monitor for a few days.
    What is a holter?

Zac Robinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zac Robinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zac Robinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zac Robinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zac Robinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zac Robinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zac Robinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zac Robinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zac Robinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zac Robinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zac Robinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by justcrash
    I have been eating less, but thats about it. I was done working out yesterday at 3 and my HR still felt high at 11 PM.
    8 hours of an elevated heart rate? Do you know your resting heart rate or is this your perception? I don't care how bad of shape you are in, it doesn't seem that your heart rate should not be elevated for that long! You might want to try to go to some 'medical advice' forums and ask, I'm sure they could give better advice than us, in any event, I think you should definitely get checked out.

Originally Posted by Zac Robinson
    8 hours of an elevated heart rate? Do you know your resting heart rate or is this your perception? I don't care how bad of shape you are in, it doesn't seem that your heart rate should not be elevated for that long! You might want to try to go to some 'medical advice' forums and ask, I'm sure they could give better advice than us, in any event, I think you should definitely get checked out.
    Its just my perception. Unfortunatly, being bi-polar I am prone to things like panic attacks so (I know this sounds stupid) but its hard to tell if I am actually having an issue or if its all "in my head".

Its just my perception. Unfortunatly, being bi-polar I am prone to things like panic attacks so (I know this sounds stupid) but its hard to tell if I am actually having an issue or if its all "in my head".
    I totally understand that, when you wake up in the morning, before even getting out of bed, take your pulse. Get a good idea of what your pulse is and then take it during and right after your workout, then make sure after your workout you don't do anything strenuous and take it every 5 minutes or so for 20 or 30 minutes, this will give you a good idea as to if it is really high for so long, and if it is, get it checked out.

For a long time I was postitive that I had an irregular heart beat, had a couple of ekg's and the docs couldn't find anything, I guess it was all in my head....by going to a doctor at least you will have piece of mind.

Originally Posted by Zac Robinson
    I totally understand that, when you wake up in the morning, before even getting out of bed, take your pulse. Get a good idea of what your pulse is and then take it during and right after your workout, then make sure after your workout you don't do anything strenuous and take it every 5 minutes or so for 20 or 30 minutes, this will give you a good idea as to if it is really high for so long, and if it is, get it checked out.

For a long time I was postitive that I had an irregular heart beat, had a couple of ekg's and the docs couldn't find anything, I guess it was all in my head....by going to a doctor at least you will have piece of mind.
    Zac: Good Idea! Thank you! Question, how do I take my pulse? Find a clock with a second hand and find my pulse and count what it is for 30 seconds?

Zac: Good Idea! Thank you! Question, how do I take my pulse? Find a clock with a second hand and find my pulse and count what it is for 30 seconds?
    That would work, you could take it for 60 sec, or you could take it for 30 sec and multiply by 2, or even 15 sec and multiply by 4...in order to truly get your resting heart rate it would be best for you to wake up naturally in the morning, no alarm clock, immediately find your pulse, grab a watch or clock with a second hand and check it. Realize that throughout the day, just due to natural daily activities your pulse will probably be slightly higher than this resting number, but after your workout while being in a fairly relaxed state, it should get back close to your resting number. Hope this helps.