vegeotto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Food Sources, Workout, and Calories...do they sound ok?

1) is this a good list of food sources?

FATS
    Saturated Fats: Coconut Oil, Egg Yolks, Full Fat Beef, Pork, Chicken?, Full Fat Cottage Cheese
    Monounsaturated Fats: Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Almonds, and a bit of Natural Peanut Butter
    Polyunsaturated Fats: Flax Seed Oil, Flax Seeds, Walnuts

This to me seems to be the most crucial since its what htis diet is pretty much about. I was planning on keeping my ratio to about equal but a bit more of saturated, then mono, then poly...does that sound good? So i was thinking of getting full fat beefs and full fat dairy but keeping dairy low because of carbs...So since this diet is all about fat should i get dark meat chicken instead of white meat (breast)?

I had heard that dairy and meat fats were bad for you? Never understood why but now i think its because of the saturated fats so i figured they're really ok right? or is there something else in them that isn't good for you?

All i know is to definately stay away from trans fats and hydrogenated stuff. And i was wondering if it would be better to also add MCT Oil or is Coconut best? Maybe i'd have that preworkout or something. I havent actually devised my diet yet because i'm just researching right now but i'd definately limit my carb intake. Any other fat sources which youd reccomend? Would you suggest intaking butter, lard, and cheese? Or is it ok to go without it as long as my fat ratio is sufficient from the sources above. Oh yeah unfortunately i can't take fish (allergies).

PROTEIN
    Protein: Chicken, Beef, Cottage Cheese, Egg Whites and Egg Yolks
    I'm going to limit Cottage Cheese because of carbs....going to eat mostly chicken and beef for protein over pork because they seem to be much better protein sources. Are hamburger patties ok are are steaks better? Or maybe both...

CARBS
    Carbs: 15-16g dextrose for PWO shake, Broccoli, Walnuts, Flax Seeds, Almonds, Peanut butter
    Well im not looking for a carb source since i want to keep it as low as possible but these are my carb sources, which i'm going to try to keep down to 20g or less excluding PWO shake. Do i count fiber at all? So if flax seed carbs is pure fiber then do i still count that or do i just ignore it so flax seeds wouldn't have carbs?

SUPPLEMENTS
    ON Whey
    NOW Adam Multi-Vitamin
    Dextrose
    All them oils listed above
    Xceed
    Sesamin
    Melting Point
    Maybe....Green Tea
    Maybe....Casein Protein

Sound good? Should i get green tea? I'm considering it b/c of its anti-oxident effects. And i'd consider casein protein b/c i'd have to limit my carbs from cottage cheese...so i'd have some of both...but thats last on my list.

2) I know that when you cut you're supposed to keep heavy weights and the same workout as your bulk but i hear theres a ckd workout. Would that be better or should i stick with my current (5x5)?

3) What should my caloric intake be? Should it be 500 calories below my maintance? I'm like low teen Bf% and my height is 5'11", weight is 175ish and age is 19, so i figured that my caloric intake would be around 2200 calories?

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wow, you've definitely been doing your homework. Yes, you are spot on.

The only thing is that you seem to worried about getting in enough protein, and on keto, that's almost never a problem except for vegetarians. You won't need egg whites or casein, and will probably find that you can only eat cottage cheese on non-lifting days, because otherwise your protein will be too high compared to your fats.

You can eat butter, lard and ordinary cheese (get raw cheese if you can, tastes better and more health benefits), and you can eat saturated fats without worrying. If you have a choice, fatty cuts of steak are much better than burger. There's nothing wrong with meat fat as long as you are not eating it with extra fries and special sauce.

Walnuts and flaxseed are both good sources of Omega 3. And both very low carb.

You also need more green veg. As well as broccoli, eat spinach, kale, cabbage, cauliflower, asparagus, aubergine, bokchoy, dark lettuces and salad greens, celery, white mushrooms, fennel, courgette, green beans, turnip tops, beetroot greens, chard, avocado etc. You subtract the fibre, so most of them only work out at 1-2g of carbs per portion.

Coconut oil is excellent on keto. If you have money to spare, you can buy MCT, but coconut oil will do the job cheaper. You can also cook with it. Coconut meat is a great way to bring up your fats.

Green tea is fine. Drink lots.

There are a few suggested workouts for CKD, but a 5x5 routine will work fine. Just think about adding a whole body depletion workout with lighter weights and longer sets just before you start carbing up. It's not absolutely essential, but most people find is works well for them, so try it before you tinker with it.

Your calories sound about right, but you'll have to be the best judge of that. 2200 cals come to about 165g protein, 159g fat and 27g carbs.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders