Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Metal

Live, Laugh, Dissect RavenStorm's Avatar
    RavenStorm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RavenStorm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RavenStorm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RavenStorm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RavenStorm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RavenStorm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RavenStorm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RavenStorm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RavenStorm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RavenStorm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RavenStorm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Black Metal

Anyon listen to it?List bands n stuff.
    ░▄▄▄░░▄░░▄░▄░░▄░░▄░░░░▄▄░▄▄░░░▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄
    █▄▄▄█░█▄▄█░█▄▄█░░█░░░█░░█░░█░█▄▄▄█░█░░░█
    █░░░█░░█░░░░█░░░░█░░░█░░█░░█░█░░░█░█░░░█
    ▀░░░▀░░▀░░░░▀░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀░░░▀░▀▄▄▄▀

"Idk what the fuk was going on with me. My dick just stood up. " - Bleachway

into eternity is on a distinguished road. (+10) into eternity is on a distinguished road. (+10) into eternity is on a distinguished road. (+10) into eternity is on a distinguished road. (+10) into eternity is on a distinguished road. (+10) into eternity is on a distinguished road. (+10) into eternity is on a distinguished road. (+10) into eternity is on a distinguished road. (+10) into eternity is on a distinguished road. (+10) into eternity is on a distinguished road. (+10) into eternity is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I like it alot, check out the new Drudkh and Axamenta albums

idk what to put here SeizedByForce's Avatar
    SeizedByForce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SeizedByForce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SeizedByForce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SeizedByForce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SeizedByForce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SeizedByForce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SeizedByForce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SeizedByForce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SeizedByForce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SeizedByForce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SeizedByForce is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Gorgoroth - Antichrist
    Bathory - Blood Fire Death
    UneXpect - Utopia
    Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
    Sepultura - Morbid Visions
    Sarco***o - INRI
    Burzum - Self-Titled with Aske
    Darkthrone - Under a Funeral Moon
    Darkthrone - Transylvanian Hunger
    Emperor - In the Nightside Eclipse
    Emperor - Wrath of the Tyrant
    Immortal - Pure Holocaust
    Absurd - Asgardsrei
    Behemoth - Sventevith(Storming Near The Baltic)
    Behemoth - From the Pagan Vastlands
    Beherit - Drawing Down the Moon
    Rotting Christ - Thy Mighty Contract
    Drudkh - Autumn Aurora
    Drudkh - Blood in our wells
    Darkthrone - The Cult is Alive
    Celtic Frost - Morbid Tales
    Celtic Frost - Monotheist
    Hellhammer - Satanic Rites
    Last edited by SeizedByForce; 08-17-2006 at 12:59 PM.
    \m/ TEXAS FIGHT \m/

Texas BBA Class of 2015

c0ncept-2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0ncept-2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0ncept-2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0ncept-2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0ncept-2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0ncept-2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0ncept-2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0ncept-2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0ncept-2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0ncept-2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0ncept-2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I just bought a few Dimmu Borgir CD's. Check some of their stuff out.

Ladies Love Squat Butt Morbid_Mind's Avatar
    Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SeizedByForce
    Sepultura - Morbid Visions
    Not really....
    My Goals:

For to make the heavy weights light and the baggy clothes tight.

Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Morbid_Mind is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by RavenStorm
    Anyon listen to it?List bands n stuff.
    Early Bathory, Early Behemoth, Mayhem, Burzum, Satyricon, Moonblood, Bewitched, Early Ancient Rites, Gorgoroth, Immortal, Emporer, Marduk, Diabolical Masquerade
    My Goals:

Laying the Smackdown. Rocky_Maivia's Avatar
    Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Some Key Artists:
    - Immortal
    - Emperor
    - Mayhem
    - Burzum
    - Darkthrone
    - Graveland
    - Enslaved

Early contributors (highly influential but not Black Metal per se):
    - Celtic Frost / Hellhammer
    - Bathory
    - Venom

Bands that think they're Black Metal but aren't:
    - Dimmu Borgir
    - Cradle of Filth
    neg reds on sight crew

the kkk took my baby away I_m sore's Avatar
    I_m sore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I_m sore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I_m sore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I_m sore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I_m sore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I_m sore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I_m sore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I_m sore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I_m sore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I_m sore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I_m sore has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i listen to some, all of which have already been listed though;
    Emperor
    Gorgoroth
    Behemoth
    Marduk
    Mayhem
    Dark Funeral
    Live lives, Die deaths, No regrets.

Yesterday is gone, tomorrow may never come, live for today.

"For 14 weeks it's all about this contest. No world, just me, the gym, the treadmill, taking care of business." - Jay Cutler

Old school means you have to be willing to get your hands dirty. It means enjoying the feeling of lying under bone-crushing poundages. Most people can't wait to put the weights down. Old time bodybuilders live for it.

c0ncept-2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0ncept-2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0ncept-2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0ncept-2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0ncept-2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0ncept-2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0ncept-2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0ncept-2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0ncept-2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0ncept-2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) c0ncept-2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Rocky_Maivia
    Bands that think they're Black Metal but aren't:
    - Dimmu Borgir
    - Cradle of Filth
    Care to back up your claims?

SeizedByForce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SeizedByForce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SeizedByForce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SeizedByForce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SeizedByForce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SeizedByForce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SeizedByForce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SeizedByForce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SeizedByForce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SeizedByForce is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SeizedByForce is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by c0ncept-2
    Care to back up your claims?

Cradle of **** is bad gothic metal, and CoF never even said that they were black metal in the first place - they have almost always claimed to be gothic, but you can tell that they think they are.

Dimmu used to be symphonic black metal but now suck.
    \m/ TEXAS FIGHT \m/

Texas BBA Class of 2015

Cradle of **** is bad gothic metal, and CoF never even said that they were black metal in the first place - they have almost always claimed to be gothic, but you can tell that they think they are.

Dimmu used to be symphonic black metal but now suck.
    He asked the real Rocky_Maivia, not his 14 year old wannabe Although "your" (read: his) assertation is correct.
    My Goals:

Dimmu makes some of the bands on that list sound like Simple Plan. Although I agree some of their newer stuff lost touch, you can't say they "pretend" to be Black Metal. Go listen to the song "Allegiance" and tell me otherwise, **** listen to "Alt Lys Er Svunnet Hen" and try not to **** yourself.

Laying the Smackdown. Rocky_Maivia's Avatar
    Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Dimmu makes some of the bands on that list sound like Simple Plan. Although I agree some of their newer stuff lost touch, you can't say they "pretend" to be Black Metal. Go listen to the song "Allegiance" and tell me otherwise, **** listen to "Alt Lys Er Svunnet Hen" and try not to **** yourself.

They made some exceptional Black Metal in their early days like I said in another thread. Stormblast is/was one of their best works. Then they degenerated to a pop-band that uses rock song formats with catchy sing-a-long lyrics of pointless pseudo blasphemy. Hail Satan! ...

The newer generation will listen to the new style of rock music Dimmu makes, see them listed as a Black Metal band due to their earlier works, and think that this new stuff is Black Metal.

And yes, they do still think they are Black Metal. Corpse Paint + satanic lyrics + rock music = piss poor attempt at Black Metal.

EDIT: fixed for morbid dork
    Last edited by Rocky_Maivia; 08-17-2006 at 09:06 PM.
    neg reds on sight crew

And yes, they do still think they are Black Metal. Corpse Paint + satanic lyrics + rock music = piss poor attempt at Black Metal.
    Fixed
    My Goals:

Corrosive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Corrosive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Corrosive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Corrosive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Corrosive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Corrosive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Corrosive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I like Anorexia Nervosa quite a bit. Check them out, french black metal!!

A Bobby Heenan guy Chuck Norris's Avatar
    Chuck Norris is just really nice. (+1000) Chuck Norris is just really nice. (+1000) Chuck Norris is just really nice. (+1000) Chuck Norris is just really nice. (+1000) Chuck Norris is just really nice. (+1000) Chuck Norris is just really nice. (+1000) Chuck Norris is just really nice. (+1000) Chuck Norris is just really nice. (+1000) Chuck Norris is just really nice. (+1000) Chuck Norris is just really nice. (+1000) Chuck Norris is just really nice. (+1000)
    Deathspell Omega
    Blut Aus Nord

Brian83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brian83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brian83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brian83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brian83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brian83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brian83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brian83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brian83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brian83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brian83 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Deathspell Omega been doing it for me lately.

EDIT: wow, now theres timeing ^^^^ good to see another DSO fan
    Last edited by Brian83; 08-17-2006 at 09:15 PM.
    I've had one yes, but what about Second breakfast?

Brian83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brian83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brian83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brian83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brian83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brian83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brian83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brian83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brian83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brian83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brian83 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    might I also recommend some Lunar Aurora or Grand Belial's Key as someone beat me to my previous recommend.
    I've had one yes, but what about Second breakfast?

Badly muscle dymorphic Shagrath's Avatar
    Shagrath is a name known to all. (+5000) Shagrath is a name known to all. (+5000) Shagrath is a name known to all. (+5000) Shagrath is a name known to all. (+5000) Shagrath is a name known to all. (+5000) Shagrath is a name known to all. (+5000) Shagrath is a name known to all. (+5000) Shagrath is a name known to all. (+5000) Shagrath is a name known to all. (+5000) Shagrath is a name known to all. (+5000) Shagrath is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Corrosive
    I like Anorexia Nervosa quite a bit. Check them out, french black metal!!
    reps for you mate, just got into them recently, some of the best BM I've ever ****in heard
    R.I.P Darrel "Dimebag" Abbot, ...August 20, 1966 - December 8, 2004...you are a true ****in legend

"Just because somebody offends you with their opinion it doesn't give you the right to saddle them with a clinical condition" - Pat Condell on "Islamophobia"

Then they degenerated to a pop-band that uses rock song formats with catchy sing-a-long lyrics of pointless pseudo blasphemy.
    Allow me to prove you wrong ....

Originally Posted by Allegiance" lyrics]
    Cuddled through a cold womb he was
    Pitch black and without sunshine rays
    Hell patiently awaiting him on blood spilled soil
    A noble grief stirred heart, always ready to die

In sinister systematisation, submission is golden
    As an apprentice to violence, slaughter and bloodshed
    He was like an object that is being processed
    A force-fed destructor ready for abomination

The vast solitude in him witnessed it all
    Those self afflicting eyes
    And their fear painted faces
    Made out of utter discipline, failure unacceptable
    Hosts to oblivion
    Exploring the darkest of places
    Stench of rotten flesh breathing down his neck
    [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="Cataclysm Children
    re you born from the abyss
    And have you sought the creed
    That drape the shadows
    Of your own thought?

Is your heart mesmerized
    By the fire that burns forevermore
    And do the secrets from the flames
    Hold the mysteries over which you preside?

Reveal the infantile wound and regain strength
    Free your spirit from those who lead in praise
    Recollect the anger and the hate
    For not shall your morals dissolve in pity
    Both of these songs are from the CD - Death Cult Armageddon. Yeah I would DEFINITELY consider these to be sing-along pop lyrics. I stand my previous comment that anything by DB, even their new "pop" songs make half of the bands on your mentioned list sound like a bunch of choir boys. I think the user Shagrath says it best....

Originally Posted by Shagrath
    has elements of black metal but isn't tr00 enough for the hardcore black metal heads since their albums have good production and aren't recorded in a forest...
    Perhaps you wouldn't consider Dr.Dre a true rapper because me made it big and can support his family? Do you have to be poor to have passion and make "true" music? No, of course not. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a tool.

JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Death will rule forever

If interested pick up Human, Individual Thought Patterns,Symbolic and The Sound of Perserverence
    " The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog"
    - Mark Twain

Both of these songs are from the CD - Death Cult Armageddon. Yeah I would DEFINITELY consider these to be sing-along pop lyrics. I stand my previous comment that anything by DB, even their new "pop" songs make half of the bands on your mentioned list sound like a bunch of choir boys. I think the user Shagrath says it best....

Perhaps you wouldn't consider Dr.Dre a true rapper because me made it big and can support his family? Do you have to be poor to have passion and make "true" music? No, of course not. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a tool.
    You're a bigger idiot than some consider me. You're just making a fool of yourself.

There is a such word as "opinion", go look it up. I understand you may like dimmu a lot but please, most of the real metalheads think they are keyboard pop metal, with black influences, their old stuff is much better.
    \m/ TEXAS FIGHT \m/

Texas BBA Class of 2015

I understand that everyone has their opinion, and maybe I did take my opinion too far. Rocky only came in her looking to cause **** when he decided to classify bands that "think they are black metal", so I reacted to defend the band's name. I just think that you guys are giving the band a LOT less credit than they deserve, calling them a "pop" band. I'm done with this thread.

Registered User blood vs. water's Avatar
    blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blood vs. water has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're a bigger idiot than some consider me.
    rofl. now that's quite an achievement for someone

Big Richard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Richard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Richard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Richard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Richard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Richard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Richard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Richard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Richard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Richard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Richard will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs down

ROFL @ using a rapper as a defence. Anyone who thinks that way is a fuсking jackass.
    ---

the Goon is on a distinguished road. (+10) the Goon is on a distinguished road. (+10) the Goon is on a distinguished road. (+10) the Goon is on a distinguished road. (+10) the Goon is on a distinguished road. (+10) the Goon is on a distinguished road. (+10) the Goon is on a distinguished road. (+10) the Goon is on a distinguished road. (+10) the Goon is on a distinguished road. (+10) the Goon is on a distinguished road. (+10) the Goon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You're a bigger idiot than some consider me.

xxbigdavexx117 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxbigdavexx117 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxbigdavexx117 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxbigdavexx117 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxbigdavexx117 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxbigdavexx117 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxbigdavexx117 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxbigdavexx117 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxbigdavexx117 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxbigdavexx117 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xxbigdavexx117 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    so what the hell is black metal supposed to be anyways??

Originally Posted by JonZ
    Death will rule forever

If interested pick up Human, Individual Thought Patterns,Symbolic and The Sound of Perserverence
    Agreed, except they're a Death Metal band...
    My Goals:

Corrosive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Corrosive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Corrosive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Corrosive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Corrosive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Corrosive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Corrosive has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Shagrath
    reps for you mate, just got into them recently, some of the best BM I've ever ****in heard

Hreidmarr's screams on Enter the Church of fornication are amazing. When I first heard it, his shrieks gave me chills. A shame he left the band back in December though =/

Badly muscle dymorphic Shagrath's Avatar
    Shagrath is a name known to all. (+5000) Shagrath is a name known to all. (+5000) Shagrath is a name known to all. (+5000) Shagrath is a name known to all. (+5000) Shagrath is a name known to all. (+5000) Shagrath is a name known to all. (+5000) Shagrath is a name known to all. (+5000) Shagrath is a name known to all. (+5000) Shagrath is a name known to all. (+5000) Shagrath is a name known to all. (+5000) Shagrath is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Corrosive
    Hreidmarr's screams on Enter the Church of fornication are amazing. When I first heard it, his shrieks gave me chills. A shame he left the band back in December though =/
    yeh, my fav songs are probably The Altar of Holocausts and The Drudenhaus Anthem. They have real clear production, but are ridiculously fast and have heaps of little keyboards bits intertwined with the guitars and drums, thats what I love about them. I hope they find new vocalist soon.
    R.I.P Darrel "Dimebag" Abbot, ...August 20, 1966 - December 8, 2004...you are a true ****in legend

"Just because somebody offends you with their opinion it doesn't give you the right to saddle them with a clinical condition" - Pat Condell on "Islamophobia"