KarlR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

does protein powder make acne?

i was gonna buy some protein powder for the first time today,but my friend warned me that it gives you acne.he knows alot about that kind of stuff,because he used to have acne and checked up on all this stuff.he also told me about a bodybuilder friend of his who takes it,and he said his back is in really bad shape with acne.also,ive noticed that since ive started eating foods with alot of protein,ive been getting it on my back and chest aswell.

so is it true??does anyone find it does this to them??

also,is protein powder completly nessecery??

thanks alot,

-karl

Psycho445 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psycho445 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psycho445 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psycho445 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psycho445 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psycho445 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psycho445 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psycho445 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psycho445 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psycho445 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Psycho445 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by KarlR
    i was gonna buy some protein powder for the first time today,but my friend warned me that it gives you acne.he knows alot about that kind of stuff,because he used to have acne and checked up on all this stuff.he also told me about a bodybuilder friend of his who takes it,and he said his back is in really bad shape with acne.also,ive noticed that since ive started eating foods with alot of protein,ive been getting it on my back and chest aswell.

so is it true??does anyone find it does this to them??

also,is protein powder completly nessecery??

thanks alot,

-karl
    Some people claim that it does, some people claim it clears them up. There isn't any evidence either way and I think it is all psychological. Best thing to do with acne is drink a lot of water.
    sup·ple·ment (spl-mnt)
    n.
    1. Something added to complete a thing, make up for a deficiency, or extend or strengthen the whole.

food (fd)
    n.
    1. Material, usually of plant or animal origin, that contains or consists of essential body nutrients, such as carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins, or minerals, and is ingested and assimilated by an organism to produce energy, stimulate growth, and maintain life.

food > supplements

bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodydynamics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    no it doesnt, maybe if you have an intolerance to the lactose in it(which is usually next to nothing), that could cause it, but i have never heard of such a thing.
    ronnie coleman is a lardass.
    benching max - 495
    bicepts curl - 225

Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It gives me a little acne, but nothing huge. I also consume a lot of whey protein though, i get 144g just from whey per day, so that might have something to do with it.

BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiggJohn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Possibly something with alot of sugar would.

Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No evidence it would.
    "Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."
    - Bruce Lee

"My studying mimics my training. Brief, intense and infrequent.."
    - Big Red

stevothedevo is not very helpful. (-500) stevothedevo is not very helpful. (-500) stevothedevo is not very helpful. (-500) stevothedevo is not very helpful. (-500) stevothedevo is not very helpful. (-500) stevothedevo is not very helpful. (-500) stevothedevo is not very helpful. (-500) stevothedevo is not very helpful. (-500) stevothedevo is not very helpful. (-500) stevothedevo is not very helpful. (-500) stevothedevo is not very helpful. (-500)
    Without being an expert, I'd say that it is unlikely that protein powders will cause acne, unless the lactose content is high.

KarlR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i talked to a guy in the shop today,and he said thats because alot f protein powders have stuff like egg in them,which causes acne.