bigray is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigray is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigray is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigray is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigray is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigray is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigray is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigray is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigray is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigray is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigray is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Question on this

Is it good to eat a bowl of cereal like a small one and a banana before u go to sleep?

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    yes you can have carbs before bed...nothing about nightfall alters the laws of thermodynamics.
    peace

Gamer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes, you can have carbs before bed time. But don't consume too much of it at this time.

At night insulin resisitance is high, so carb uptake is bad. It would be advisable to eat a low-carb, medium-fat, high protein meal before bed time.

The fats should contain mostly omega-3's, these have been proven to decrease insulin resistance while increasing insulin sensitivity. Omega-3's have also the ability to decrease protein degradation.

Slow digesting protein will be the best choice to eat before bed time. Because at night you want to have a steady flux of amino acids to stay anti-catabolic as long as possible.

Raffi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "Cereal" is too general of a word. Cereals, mostly are made of refined sugars. Not all of them though. I would advice to consume an unflavoured cup of oatmeal and add a sweatener, if you want carbs before bed time. This will have plenty of fiber to slow down the digestion process keeping insulin suppressed. Like the gentelman above said, protien before bed is a much better choice.
    Best thing I did is disable viewing signatures, I cant even see this.

str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by Gamer
    Yes, you can have carbs before bed time. But don't consume too much of it at this time.

At night insulin resisitance is high, so carb uptake is bad. It would be advisable to eat a low-carb, medium-fat, high protein meal before bed time.

can you site me a study or reference for this?

Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anxed is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by str8flexed
    can you site me a study or reference for this?
    Bump... that would be the first time Ive heard this..
    Anxed

Pull another face
    rip another hide
    steal the waning moon
    from a dying bride
    all the world must die
    all the world must die
    ripped and skinned alive...

Gamer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here are a bunch of studies that proves what I cited above.

Van Cauter E, Shapiro ET, Tillil H, Polonsky KS. Circadian modulation of glucose and insulin responses to meals: relationship to cortisol rhythm. Am J Physiol. 1992;262:E467-E475.

Jarret RJ. Rhythms in insulin and glucose. In: Krieger DT, ed. Endocrine Rhythms. New York, NY: Raven Press Publishers; 1979:247-258.

Service FJ, Hall LD, Westland RE, O'Brien PC, Go VLW, Haymond MW, Rizza RA. Effect of size, time of the day and sequence of meal ingestion on carbohydrate tolerance in normal subjects. Diabetologia. 1983;25:316-321.

Lee A, Ader M, Bray GA, Bergman RN. Diurnal variation in glucose tolerance: cyclic suppression of insulin action and insulin secretion in normal weight, but not obese, subjects. Diabetes. 1992;41:742-749.

bigray is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigray is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigray is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigray is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigray is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigray is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigray is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigray is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigray is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigray is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigray is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Ok, Thanks all for your comments i appreciate it. But Like i said if i do i eat a bowl of cereal like fruity pebbles and whole milk and a banana. But if not i eat like chicken breast or some cheese

Originally posted by Gamer
    Here are a bunch of studies that proves what I cited above.

Van Cauter E, Shapiro ET, Tillil H, Polonsky KS. Circadian modulation of glucose and insulin responses to meals: relationship to cortisol rhythm. Am J Physiol. 1992;262:E467-E475.

Jarret RJ. Rhythms in insulin and glucose. In: Krieger DT, ed. Endocrine Rhythms. New York, NY: Raven Press Publishers; 1979:247-258.

Service FJ, Hall LD, Westland RE, O'Brien PC, Go VLW, Haymond MW, Rizza RA. Effect of size, time of the day and sequence of meal ingestion on carbohydrate tolerance in normal subjects. Diabetologia. 1983;25:316-321.

Lee A, Ader M, Bray GA, Bergman RN. Diurnal variation in glucose tolerance: cyclic suppression of insulin action and insulin secretion in normal weight, but not obese, subjects. Diabetes. 1992;41:742-749.
    well thank you for the references but unfortunately you can never PROOVE something in science...you can only support it or disproove it. Nevertheless thank you for the information.

Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by bigray
    Ok, Thanks all for your comments i appreciate it. But Like i said if i do i eat a bowl of cereal like fruity pebbles and whole milk and a banana. But if not i eat like chicken breast or some cheese
    honestly what do you think? do you really think fruity pebbles are doing you any good???? think about it.
    "Change is Inevitable, Progress Isn't"