Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Maximum safe amount of caffeine?

Hey guys, just curious as to how much caffeine i can consume in a day. Are there any dangers associated with taking too much caffeine? I dont want to become dependent, but lately the energy boost it gives is much needed.

Assertive Guy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Assertive Guy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Assertive Guy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Assertive Guy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Assertive Guy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Assertive Guy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Assertive Guy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Assertive Guy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Assertive Guy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Assertive Guy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Caffiene limit

Originally Posted by Antidote
    Hey guys, just curious as to how much caffeine i can consume in a day. Are there any dangers associated with taking too much caffeine? I dont want to become dependent, but lately the energy boost it gives is much needed.
    The upper limit for a day is 650mg. Its also worth knowing that going over this can significantly increase your chances of diabeties. Personally, I did on try 1300mg and felt absolutely horrible all day (although I did get allot more done). That's 3 years ago now and I stay at a max of 250 now.

dasa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dasa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dasa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dasa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dasa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dasa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dasa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dasa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dasa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dasa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dasa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Assertive Guy
    The upper limit for a day is 650mg. Its also worth knowing that going over this can significantly increase your chances of diabeties. Personally, I did on try 1300mg and felt absolutely horrible all day (although I did get allot more done). That's 3 years ago now and I stay at a max of 250 now.

Dude how did you live through that much?

Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50) Antidote will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    650mg a day? can anyone else comment on that?

im taking about 400mg a day right now..

Interesting comment about diabetes. My father and his father had diabetes, it runs in the family. Didnt know about the correlation between caffeine and diabetes. I will have to look into that.

anyone?

Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I would really try to get no more than 50 to 100mgs a day of caffeine. 200 At the extreme absolute most. 3 cups of coffee contains roughly 200mgs just to give you an idea. it is interested to note that many sources suggest a dose 200mgs+ over time can be very very bad for the cadiovascular system.

"Caffeine overuse
    Caffeine is a drug that in large amounts, especially over an extended period of time, can lead to a number of physical and mental conditions. The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition (DSM-IV) states: "The 4 caffeine-induced psychiatric disorders include caffeine intoxication, caffeine-induced anxiety disorder, caffeine-induced sleep disorder, and caffeine-related disorder not otherwise specified (NOS)."

A high intake of caffeine, especially over long periods of time, can lead to nervousness, irritability, anxiety, tremulousness, muscle twitching, insomnia, heart palpitations and hyperreflexia.[14] Furthermore, because caffeine increases the production of stomach acid, high usage over time can lead to peptic ulcers, erosive eso****itis, and gastroeso****eal reflux disease. [15] However, since both "regular" and decaffeinated coffees have also been shown to stimulate the gastric mucosa and increase stomach acid secretion, caffeine is probably not the only component of coffee responsible. [16]

[edit]
    Caffeine intoxication
    An acute overdose of caffeine, usually in excess of 250 mg (more than 2-3 cups of brewed coffee), can result in a state of central nervous system overstimulation called caffeine intoxication. The symptoms of caffeine intoxication may include restlessness, nervousness, excitement, insomnia, flushing of the face, increased urination, gastrointestinal disturbance, muscle twitching, a rambling flow of thought and speech, irregular or rapid heart beat, and psychomotor agitation. [17] In cases of much larger overdoses mania, depression, lapses in judgment, disorientation, loss of social inhibition, delusions, hallucinations and psychosis may occur.[18]

In cases of extreme overdose, death can result. The LD50 of caffeine is 192 mg/kg in rats. [19] The LD50 of caffeine is dependent on weight and individual sensitivity and estimated to be about 150 to 200 mg per kg of body mass, roughly 140 to 180 cups of coffee for an average adult taken within a limited timeframe that is dependent on half-life. Though achieving lethal dose with coffee would be exceptionally difficult with regular coffee, there have been many reported deaths from intentional overdosing on caffeine pills. [20] [21] [22] [23]

[edit]
    Anxiety and sleep disorders
    Long-term overuse of caffeine can elicit a number of psychiatric disturbances. Two such disorders recognised by the APA are caffeine-induced sleep disorder and caffeine-induced anxiety disorder.

In the case of caffeine-induced sleep disorder, an individual regularly ingests high doses of caffeine sufficient to induce a significant disturbance in his or her sleep, sufficiently severe to warrant clinical attention. [24]

In some individuals, the large amounts of caffeine can induce anxiety severe enough to necessitate clinical attention. This caffeine-induced anxiety disorder can take many forms, from generalized anxiety, to panic attacks, obsessive-compulsive symptoms, or even phobic symptoms. [25] Because this condition can mimic organic mental disorders, such as panic disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, bipolar disorder, or even schizophrenia, a growing number of medical professionals believe caffeine-intoxicated people are routinely misdiagnosed and unnecessarily medicated. Shannon et al (1998) point out that: [26]"

SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000)
    650mg a day? can anyone else comment on that?

im taking about 400mg a day right now..

Interesting comment about diabetes. My father and his father had diabetes, it runs in the family. Didnt know about the correlation between caffeine and diabetes. I will have to look into that.
    I'm pretty sure your body weight has something to do with it. Bigger people tend to be able to take more with less harmful effects than a smaller person.

bench350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bench350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bench350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bench350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bench350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bench350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bench350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bench350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bench350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bench350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bench350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    600 a day is about right
    that other big post ? ha theres 100mg in ONE cup of coffee. thats bogus

now if u take 600 a day for a month, you will prob develop dependency. i take about 100-300 a day for about 2 or 3 weeks, then avoid it all together for a week (just try to get more sleep) that way i never get addicted to it and i can still operate on or off from it.

if you wnat to avoid caff for stimulation or switch it up, ive heard good things about L-tyrosine for givin a kick

eskimoboy63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eskimoboy63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eskimoboy63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eskimoboy63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eskimoboy63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eskimoboy63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eskimoboy63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eskimoboy63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eskimoboy63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eskimoboy63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eskimoboy63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what about max dosage at one time? i took 400 mg for about 3 weeks 5 days/week and it doesnt even hit me anymore?

bench350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bench350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bench350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bench350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bench350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bench350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bench350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bench350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bench350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bench350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bench350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wow i drink 1.5 cups of coffee over the course of an hour and iim jumpin off the walls buzzing

400 at a time and yuo dont feel it??? it quit it all togethter for 3 weeks and try it again you need to detox the stimulants in your system, thats way too much at once for most people IMO

was it pill form or what product?

jadedandslated is on a distinguished road. (+10) jadedandslated is on a distinguished road. (+10) jadedandslated is on a distinguished road. (+10) jadedandslated is on a distinguished road. (+10) jadedandslated is on a distinguished road. (+10) jadedandslated is on a distinguished road. (+10) jadedandslated is on a distinguished road. (+10) jadedandslated is on a distinguished road. (+10) jadedandslated is on a distinguished road. (+10) jadedandslated is on a distinguished road. (+10) jadedandslated is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    400 is the max that I can handle.

JDeV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDeV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JDeV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Over the course of two days (without sleep) I once took about 8 or 9 HP caffeine pills (200mg each). I felt sick pretty much the whole time after the 4th pill. I don't think much else happened. I don't have a dependency either.

eskimoboy63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eskimoboy63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eskimoboy63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eskimoboy63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eskimoboy63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eskimoboy63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eskimoboy63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eskimoboy63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eskimoboy63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eskimoboy63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eskimoboy63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bench350
    wow i drink 1.5 cups of coffee over the course of an hour and iim jumpin off the walls buzzing

400 at a time and yuo dont feel it??? it quit it all togethter for 3 weeks and try it again you need to detox the stimulants in your system, thats way too much at once for most people IMO

was it pill form or what product?
    pill form. ive quit takin anything for the next three weeks for training camp. anyone else on max dosage at one time?

psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psychojoe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    does anyone know an estimation of caffeine content per mass of coffee? All the sites I can find quote caffeine per "cup" which is totally useless.

My experiences with caffeine anyway are that "six cups" (6 x the recommended amount) of instant coffee gave me a very noticeable effect and a happy day. The next day, 1.5 times that dose left me cold, shaking, weak, and feeling pretty crap. Try it yourself and find what makes you happy
    5'11", 187lbs, 19 y/o

[DL]
    5 x 302.5 (06.06)
    [Pullups]
    3x3 x +33 (08.06)
    [overhead]
    115 x 3 (09.06)

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=633909

Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bench350
    600 a day is about right
    that other big post ? ha theres 100mg in ONE cup of coffee. thats bogus

now if u take 600 a day for a month, you will prob develop dependency. i take about 100-300 a day for about 2 or 3 weeks, then avoid it all together for a week (just try to get more sleep) that way i never get addicted to it and i can still operate on or off from it.

if you wnat to avoid caff for stimulation or switch it up, ive heard good things about L-tyrosine for givin a kick
    well that certainly depends how strong you make it so you are correct it can vary quite a bit.....

medsafe.com
    "A standard cup of coffee contains 70-180mg caffeine depending on the strength and method of preparation. Usually it will be around 75-80mgs unless you make your coffee extremely strong."

from medline.com
    "It's usually presumed that a regular cup of coffee contains 100mg of caffeine but it may range between 40 and 176 mg and the mean is closer to 85mg. The typical american usually takes in about 70-80mgs per cup of coffee."

"How much caffeine is present in a cup of coffee ?

Drip - 50-175mg (average around 75mg)
    Espresso - 100mg per serving
    Brewed - 80-135mg
    Instant - 65-100mg"

Originally Posted by eskimoboy63
    what about max dosage at one time? i took 400 mg for about 3 weeks 5 days/week and it doesnt even hit me anymore?
    problems with caffeine don't usually come with one big dose. Problems come from using higher doses for extended periods of time.

DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Be very careful when taking caffeine in large quantities for extended periods of time. As an example of what can happen my father used to consume excessive amounts of coffee (probably 600-1000mg of caffeine a day) and developed heart palpitations (irregular heartbeats). They stopped when he eliminated caffeine from his diet.

Why would you want to consume such high amounts anyway?

dharens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dharens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dharens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dharens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dharens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dharens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dharens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dharens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dharens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dharens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dharens has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah I can't stand to drink more than a cup of coffee a day. Anything more than that is just about to much for me.

ImAStudent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lots of Caffeine = ok

I take 600-1000mg of caffeine (from 200mg pills and occasionally some espresso) every day, and am, admittedly, currently dependent on it.
    That amount is fine from time to time, but every day is taking a toll on me. I'm just a highschool student at a competitive Boston-area school trying to make it through exams.

To note, from time to time, I've taken 1,400-1,600 in a single day. That's really a lot, but still just fine if you're used to it.

Don't freak out over 200-600mg; that's really nothing.

mnovotny85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mnovotny85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mnovotny85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mnovotny85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mnovotny85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mnovotny85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mnovotny85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mnovotny85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mnovotny85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mnovotny85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mnovotny85 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ImAStudent View Post
    I take 600-1000mg of caffeine (from 200mg pills and occasionally some espresso) every day, and am, admittedly, currently dependent on it.
    That amount is fine from time to time, but every day is taking a toll on me. I'm just a highschool student at a competitive Boston-area school trying to make it through exams.

To note, from time to time, I've taken 1,400-1,600 in a single day. That's really a lot, but still just fine if you're used to it.

Strong 1st post. I'm sure OP is thankful for your answer 10 years later.
    Always picks #7 crew
    Positive crew

Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Rob will laugh reading this thread
    50% of my posts are 100% factual

ImAStudent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mnovotny85 View Post
    Strong 1st post. I'm sure OP is thankful for your answer 10 years later.
    Maybe Rob got his life together, but this question is still relevant and I think this thread can still be useful for others just googling the subject.
    Thank you for your induction kind sir.

emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ImAStudent View Post

you should probably read this article you are taking in way too much caffeine per day.>http://www.caffeineinformer.com/caffeine-safe-limits
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Flex500 View Post
    problems with caffeine don't usually come with one big dose. Problems come from using higher doses for extended periods of time.
    Most pwo these days are running more than 200+ a dose these days. It all comes down to what works best for you.
    If you not feeling the burn your not pushing hard enough.
    "Don't talk about it, be about it" MK
    Change, Challenge, Compete

Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Strong bump on this thread ><

Originally Posted by Bigdumogre View Post
    Rob will laugh reading this thread
    :P

You the worst of us all! mr like 2g a day lulz

Originally Posted by emergency View Post
    you should probably read this article you are taking in way too much caffeine per day.>http://www.caffeineinformer.com/caffeine-safe-limits
    That article looks very badly done

Your typical cup of coffee being sold by Starbucks has far more caffeine than they claim to start with, and most are not buying/drinking 1 single small 4-6 ounce cups of coffee /soda etc and this is not new this has been going on for many decades. Their age group is showing 200mg.... avgs like that is laughable given the amount of sales in coffee and energy drinks not to mention soda consumption alone which by it self makes that chart laughable a coke or pepsi/soda in general might be fairly low on caffeine ( 30mg-60mg ) per 8-12 ounces but the amount your avg soda drinker is consuming puts it well beyond that chart.

A single cup of coffee can have well over 500mg of caffeine FYI

IMO people have not a single clue how much they drink ( your avg person unlikely tallies all consumed beverages over time ) or how much caffeine they actually ingest. What they base their chart on > http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...78691513007175 which is using as they say several generic sources but cups of coffee even within the same location can wildly ( 200mg - 500mg+ within the same size at the same location on the same day ) vary on the caffeine content not to mention nobody there is measuring exact ounces people order small/med/large not 6/10/24 ounces etc at many places lot of places even offer free refills did I drink 2? maybe I had 3? was it 12 I dunno could been 10 ounces nothing at all to account for what's actually being consumed or what's in it.
    Last edited by Rob1882; 04-30-2016 at 06:11 AM.
    -- Microwaves everyday crew --
    -- 175+ lbs Lost Crew --

"If you don't like snickerdoodle, you're wrong"
    XF addict 4 lyfe also eats more Lamb than Lebanese Jesus

mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would think that everyone has a different limit depending on body size and tolerance to caffeine. Personally I've gone away from extreme stims. But I think it's more of a trial and error thing start low and work your way up if that's the route you want to take.
    *Nutrabolics Representative *

http://www.nutrabolics.com.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/nbol/nutra.htm

Stay tuned...big things are coming!

OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz
    A single cup of coffee does not have over 500mg of caff. A Starbucks venti ( 20oz not 8 ) has only 415. And Starbucks is on the higher side for commercially consumed coffee.

A typical cup has around 90-150.
    Your nutrition and workout program determines your success.

FL and NC crew. Lol @ living in PA. Just LOL.

Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rob1882 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by OT2000 View Post
    A single cup of coffee does not have over 500mg of caff. A Starbucks venti ( 20oz not 8 ) has only 415. And Starbucks is on the higher side for commercially consumed coffee.

A typical cup has around 90-150.

What is a typical cup? and who is buying a 6-8 ounce cup when every store/shop in PA, OH I have been in sells up and offers free refills which is not at all discussing the amounts in said cup.

http://www.brinkzone.com/articles/wh...bout-caffeine/

Which had some links to actually testing cups showing how off they can be

Caffeine Content of Coffee

As the previous section outlines, if you want to enjoy your cup of coffee because it tastes good, and gives you a coffee buzz – that’s likely due to a variety of naturally occurring compounds in the coffee in addition to the caffeine – go for it. I won’t be giving up my mug of strong morning coffee either. However, if you are looking specifically to get the known effects of caffeine on performance, increased alertness, etc., use straight caffeine.

Even if you are attempting to drink coffee for its caffeine content, that’s a hit or miss strategy. Researchers visited a variety of specialty coffee store for 6 consecutive days and tested a wide range of coffees and found the caffeine content varied considerably (3). According to these researchers:
    “There was a wide range in caffeine content present in caffeinated coffees ranging from 58 to 259 mg/dose. The mean (SD) caffeine content of the brewed specialty coffees was 188 (36) mg for a 16-oz cup. Another notable find is the wide range of caffeine concentrations (259-564 mg/dose) in the same coffee beverage obtained from the same outlet on six consecutive days.”

So the same cup of coffee purchased from the same vendor (Starbucks) over six consecutive days ranged from 259 to 564 mg of caffeine!!! That’s like power gulping 3.2 to just over 7 small cans of Red Bull®—over 15-30 minutes (see below). If you want to try and experiment to confirm what the earlier mentioned study found regarding the different effects coffee has from straight caffeine, try 600mg of pure caffeine some time. Your head may explode, but you will never doubt again what an equal amount of caffeine feels like that can be found in a really strong cup of coffee.
    Seems a pretty big disparity given that it can vary as much as double within the same size cup at the same location using the same grind/machine..

Edit: you should also read better I didn't give a direct size only said cup not even "typical" u just wanna argue to argue and get picky over words here.. bottom line 200mg of caffeine isn't **** and your avg coffee drinker is likely consuming massively over that website's claims.

Also put some bold and colors on that so you can suck that dry :P their listed avg's don't mean **** when even the same pot can vary between cups; So does this make us all drug addicts? that is a joke haha Clearly Coke & Pepsi seem to think it boosts sales tho.
    Last edited by Rob1882; 04-30-2016 at 07:01 AM.
    -- 175+ lbs Lost Crew --

OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz OT2000 has the mod powerz
    I can read fine. A cup by the way is 8oz. Two cups is 16. 3 cups is 24. You said a single cup is well over 500. That study as well was down with 16oz noted which is two cups not a single cup.

Just helping you with your accuracy Rob so don't get mad, still love ya donut queen.
    Your nutrition and workout program determines your success.

FL and NC crew. Lol @ living in PA. Just LOL.

Originally Posted by OT2000 View Post
    I can read fine. A cup by the way is 8oz. Two cups is 16. 3 cups is 24. You said a single cup is well over 500. That study as well was down with 16oz noted which is two cups not a single cup.

Just helping you with your accuracy Rob so don't get mad, still love ya doughnut queen.
    Meh :P

It still has a wide variable per ounce and would still put that at 188mg per 8 ounces just sayin lol
    -- 175+ lbs Lost Crew --