Closed Thread
    T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50)

competing in MMA

I train in Boxing, Kickboxing, wrestling, and BJJ and i was wondering how long does it usually take to compete? I'm still pretty new but on average how long does it take to get to competition level?

dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'll wait for an answer as well... but honestly it depends on how often you train per week so you might want to say that.
    10 years Miscing

wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000)
    that is totally individual.

Someone may take to fighting because it is more part of who they are..they may understand it better. Some people have to learn the moves for a long time to be comfortable with it...

It is all YOU.

some people may be able to enter a ****ty am fight in 8 months some people 5 years...
    Mirin'triceps peak? Thanks westside barbell.

Gettin'older, studying MMA in Brazil gonna fight soon, on my own crew.

hittman is a name known to all. (+5000) hittman is a name known to all. (+5000) hittman is a name known to all. (+5000) hittman is a name known to all. (+5000) hittman is a name known to all. (+5000) hittman is a name known to all. (+5000) hittman is a name known to all. (+5000) hittman is a name known to all. (+5000) hittman is a name known to all. (+5000) hittman is a name known to all. (+5000) hittman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    When your trainer thinks you're ready.
    Glorious PC master race

T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50) T-bomb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    well i train 5 times a week and my trainer says i'm doing well and i'm a quick learner. for every class there is basic level, intermediate level, and advanced level. to move up a level you have to take a test to see if u can perform all the material needed to move up. My trainer also said on average it takes about 6 months before competition but i dont know if he was talking about boxing only or mma. Obviously Whenever i do compete i will have to start at the amateur level like everyone else does but i'm just looking for other opinions besides the 6 months my trainer told me. When he said it usually takes about 6 months i thought that was kinda quick but iv'e also heard of someone at my gym competing in kickboxing after only 2 months of dedicated training.

hittman is a name known to all. (+5000) hittman is a name known to all. (+5000) hittman is a name known to all. (+5000) hittman is a name known to all. (+5000) hittman is a name known to all. (+5000) hittman is a name known to all. (+5000) hittman is a name known to all. (+5000) hittman is a name known to all. (+5000) hittman is a name known to all. (+5000) hittman is a name known to all. (+5000) hittman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    5 times a week then yes, after 6 months you should be ready for your first fight.
    Glorious PC master race

dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you're Brad Imes, you should be in the UFC after 8 months of training.
    10 years Miscing

lol Brad Imes. Well here is my training schedule:

Monday: Boxing/BJJ
    Tuesday: Kickboxing/Basic MMA
    Wednesday: Boxing/BJJ
    Thursday: Kickboxing/Basic MMA
    Friday: Boxing

Think this looks good enough?

shuter is on a distinguished road. (+10) shuter is on a distinguished road. (+10) shuter is on a distinguished road. (+10) shuter is on a distinguished road. (+10) shuter is on a distinguished road. (+10) shuter is on a distinguished road. (+10) shuter is on a distinguished road. (+10) shuter is on a distinguished road. (+10) shuter is on a distinguished road. (+10) shuter is on a distinguished road. (+10) shuter is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by T-bomb
    lol Brad Imes. Well here is my training schedule:

Monday: Boxing/BJJ
    Tuesday: Kickboxing/Basic MMA
    Wednesday: Boxing/BJJ
    Thursday: Kickboxing/Basic MMA
    Friday: Boxing

Think this looks good enough?

You need to learn how to wrestle or some sort of judo. Or fantastic takedown defense and how to get back to your feet

Powerlifting, Football BakesPimpRB23's Avatar
    BakesPimpRB23 is not very helpful. (-500) BakesPimpRB23 is not very helpful. (-500) BakesPimpRB23 is not very helpful. (-500) BakesPimpRB23 is not very helpful. (-500) BakesPimpRB23 is not very helpful. (-500) BakesPimpRB23 is not very helpful. (-500) BakesPimpRB23 is not very helpful. (-500) BakesPimpRB23 is not very helpful. (-500) BakesPimpRB23 is not very helpful. (-500) BakesPimpRB23 is not very helpful. (-500) BakesPimpRB23 is not very helpful. (-500)
    looks good but when do u do weight training/ cardio.... and like someone else said, at least a little bit of a wrestling background is essential for almost all competitive fighters

The basic MMA class is a mix of standup skills and wrestling skills. I get extremely worn out from the training alone because some of my classes are back to back but I do cardio on the days I dont train. But as far as my training schedule goes, competition shouldnt be too far off i'm hoping?

wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by shuter
    You need to learn how to wrestle or some sort of judo. Or fantastic takedown defense and how to get back to your feet
    BJJ and Judo are very similar and have takedowns just the same. It is all what the individual school focuses on.

shuter is on a distinguished road. (+10) shuter is on a distinguished road. (+10) shuter is on a distinguished road. (+10) shuter is on a distinguished road. (+10) shuter is on a distinguished road. (+10) shuter is on a distinguished road. (+10) shuter is on a distinguished road. (+10) shuter is on a distinguished road. (+10) shuter is on a distinguished road. (+10) shuter is on a distinguished road. (+10) shuter is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by wanaBsedated
    BJJ and Judo are very similar and have takedowns just the same. It is all what the individual school focuses on.
    You are incorrect. Maybe in traditional jj but in any brazilian school there is not nearly as much focus put on takedowns as in judo. Bjj is 90% groundfighting and I doubt he is learning as much takedown defense as he needs. I would look for a good HS or college wrestler in your BJJ class to help teach you takedowns after class, because Judo and Bjj have some very important differences.

the teacher of my basic mma class is also a highschool wrestling coach and he is an NHB fighter himself and he teaches the basic mma class which consists of standup and wrestling. So I am taking some wrestling.

Originally Posted by shuter
    You are incorrect. Maybe in traditional jj but in any brazilian school there is not nearly as much focus put on takedowns as in judo. Bjj is 90% groundfighting and I doubt he is learning as much takedown defense as he needs. I would look for a good HS or college wrestler in your BJJ class to help teach you takedowns after class, because Judo and Bjj have some very important differences.
    BJJ owns Judo normally and BJJ Is based offa Judo and JJJ..like I said it depends soley on where you train, what you learn and the focus..some people are more aggressive about takedowns, some are mroe about guard and whatever. My training partner is an allstate wrestler and gets subbed.

I throw spinning sh*t HardGainer82's Avatar
    HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by wanaBsedated
    BJJ owns Judo normally and BJJ Is based offa Judo and JJJ..like I said it depends soley on where you train, what you learn and the focus..some people are more aggressive about takedowns, some are mroe about guard and whatever. My training partner is an allstate wrestler and gets subbed.
    That's a pretty unfair blanket statement to make...
    "The sun is always gonna rise, and always gonna set and I'll just keep on punching because everyday is gonna bring something different and I just want to be ready for it."
    - Jens Pulver

If you refer to a fighter who you've never met in real life as "my boy" as though their performance somehow reflects well on you for simply being a fan, you're a lame ass.