Vinny Chase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vinny Chase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vinny Chase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vinny Chase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vinny Chase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vinny Chase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Chest is Lacking..Need Help!

I've noticed recently that the rest of my body (arms, shoulders, back, etc) is growing at a high rate than my chest. In fact, it almost looks as if my chest isn't geting any bigger. I could use some help on this issue. I have a perfect diet, take vitamins, and do cardio, so it must be my workout. Can someone critique this or reccomend something else:

Warm-up: 12 reps with bar

4 sets of 10 - flat dumbell press
    4 sets of 10 - incline dumbell press
    5 sets of 10 - decline smith machine (i workout alone usually, so no spotter)
    4 sets of 10, 5 second static holds on PecDec machine
    4 sets of 10- cable crossovers
    4 sets of 10- weighted dip machine
    4 sets- 12 push-ups with 25lb plate on back

Thanks to any input.

duong will become famous soon enough. (+50) duong will become famous soon enough. (+50) duong will become famous soon enough. (+50) duong will become famous soon enough. (+50) duong will become famous soon enough. (+50) duong will become famous soon enough. (+50) duong will become famous soon enough. (+50) duong will become famous soon enough. (+50) duong will become famous soon enough. (+50) duong will become famous soon enough. (+50) duong will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do you even take the time to research what effective training is all about?

Did you look at any of the stickies or even bother to research on your own as to what is flawed about your chest routine?

Do you?

I say too much volume for a beginner lifter - take the time to put some effort into your training.

Amazing.
    PUT UP OR SHUT UP

/\ Trollin deez posts \/ Legolas69's Avatar
    Legolas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Legolas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Legolas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Legolas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Legolas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Legolas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Legolas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Legolas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Legolas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Legolas69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    LOL you think your chest is going to grow with that pathetic program? You are going to see NO results with what you're doing. You have to destroy EVERY LAST MUSCLE FIBER if you want to see any growth. Try this:

Do your normal sets. Let's say you bench 200. After you are done, drop the weight by 5 pounds. Now I want you to do one set for each dropset you've done so far. So you'd do 2 sets of 195 until failure on both sets. Next, 3 sets of 190, then 4 sets of 185, until finally 39 sets of 5. Hardcore, yes, but you have to be hardcore if you want to grow.

Dr. Gonzo 44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Time out, you need not say anymore after you said cardio. The way it sounds, you want to gain muscle right. Then why are you doing cardio. You are only burning off more calories that you should be using for muscle repairing. How are you suppose to get bigger if you don't have the proper nutrients because you are wasting it on cardio. Now for the workout, it looks like a pretty solid one except that maybe you sould go a bit heaver and try to keep your sets at around 6 to 8 reps a set. Also if there is anybody else in the gym at all ask them to spot you and really push yourself. If there isn't then use dumbells its much safer.
    In men of the highest character and noblest genius there is to be found an insatiable desire for honour, command, power, and glory. Cicero (106 BC - 43 BC)

flex Magazine June 2008 spirit3530's Avatar
    spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo 44
    Time out, you need not say anymore after you said cardio. The way it sounds, you want to gain muscle right. Then why are you doing cardio. You are only burning off more calories that you should be using for muscle repairing. How are you suppose to get bigger if you don't have the proper nutrients because you are wasting it on cardio. Now for the workout, it looks like a pretty solid one except that maybe you sould go a bit heaver and try to keep your sets at around 6 to 8 reps a set. Also if there is anybody else in the gym at all ask them to spot you and really push yourself. If there isn't then use dumbells its much safer.
    man I wish I could neg you for that comment. Try stepping out of the 80's training methods for a little while.
    Cha Cha Cha

flex Magazine June 2008 spirit3530's Avatar
    spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Vinny Chase
    I've noticed recently that the rest of my body (arms, shoulders, back, etc) is growing at a high rate than my chest. In fact, it almost looks as if my chest isn't geting any bigger. I could use some help on this issue. I have a perfect diet, take vitamins, and do cardio, so it must be my workout. Can someone critique this or reccomend something else:

Warm-up: 12 reps with bar

Thanks to any input.
    Too many exercises/sets.
    Cha Cha Cha

I will bend the red nail. mydamnself's Avatar
    mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mydamnself has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Less is more. Waaaay more. You are doing way to many exercises for chest. Study, learn.
    RKC Instructor
    ---
    Turkish Get Up- 100 lbs.
    5 minute 32 kilo kettlebell snatch test- 68 reps.
    Pistol- 40 kg.
    20 60D nails and 10 Gr2 bolts bent in 20 minutes.
    ---
    I don't haunt this forum. If you say something and I don't reply, I'm not here. If it's important, PM me.

www.averagetoelite.com

tbohacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbohacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbohacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbohacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbohacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbohacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbohacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbohacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbohacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbohacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tbohacker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Damn bro thats just way to many sets to see any kind results. I also have a similar problem with my chest lagging behind my other parts, specifically shoulders and arms. I would reccomend taking some of those exercises off your list. I would say no more than 20 sets maximum per week for chest. Try hitting it more often with less sets, like a Monday, Thursday, or Tuesday, Friday split.

The main thing i can stress to you is focus on proper form so you make sure you properly stimulate the chest and not the tri's and delts. Try dropping the weight and really concentrating on using chest to push the weight.

If you want any help organizing a routine feel free to pm me

Good Luck
    Sometimes you have to see the bottom before you reach the top

R.I.P.
    Josh aka Fingers
    Steve P.
    Joe G.
    Tiffany G.
    Josh B.
    Steve Irwin (ultimate alpha)

burgerboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burgerboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burgerboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burgerboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burgerboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burgerboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burgerboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burgerboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burgerboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burgerboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burgerboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Vinny Chase

gotdamn

/me scratches head

you wont need all that

Vinny Chase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vinny Chase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vinny Chase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vinny Chase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vinny Chase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vinny Chase has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Duong
    Do you even take the time to research what effective training is all about?

Did you look at any of the stickies or even bother to research on your own as to what is flawed about your chest routine?

Do you?

I say too much volume for a beginner lifter - take the time to put some effort into your training.

Amazing.
    Thanks Douchebag. Why don't you offer up some advice instead of being a pompous dickhead?
    Last edited by Vinny Chase; 08-10-2006 at 11:23 PM. Reason: quotations

vdWesthuizen is on a distinguished road. (+10) vdWesthuizen is on a distinguished road. (+10) vdWesthuizen is on a distinguished road. (+10) vdWesthuizen is on a distinguished road. (+10) vdWesthuizen is on a distinguished road. (+10) vdWesthuizen is on a distinguished road. (+10) vdWesthuizen is on a distinguished road. (+10) vdWesthuizen is on a distinguished road. (+10) vdWesthuizen is on a distinguished road. (+10) vdWesthuizen is on a distinguished road. (+10) vdWesthuizen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    just do this

incline DB Press 2 sets of 8
    flat BB Press 2 sets of 8

when you can do 2 sets of 8 easily, up the weight, i bet once you're inclining the 90's and Pressing 225 you'll have seen a result