healthyme2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up How to find the Weak Spots?

Hi,

As a beginner I've observed that my back, lower back esp., and arms are very week.

How can I spot all the weak points in my body and then focus on them?

Thanks.

bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You could generally incorporate more compound lifts into your routine. I’ve noticed that when I was beginning, and through observing other beginners they all tend to do far too many isolation exercises.

Maybe it’s because they get a better mind-muscle connection and figure that it’s working, they could be intimidated from compound lifts or something don’t know better. Hit the big three and keep at it.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by healthyme2
    Hi,

I've observed my back, lower back esp., and arms are very week.

How can I spot all the weak points in my body and then focus on them?

Thanks.
    Unless you're at an advanced level where you're competing, etc., the best approach is to focus on everything, equally. If you're doing the main compound exercises like squats, deadlifts, rows, presses, chins, and dips, then the legs, back, chest, shoulders, bis & tris will all be heavily targeted. Over time if you'll notice certain areas are slower to respond than others and that's where giving them priority by training them first, doing an extra (isolation) exercise, more sets, or training them more frequently can help.

I found my back and shoulders responded well while my chest and arms sucked. So I started doing presses first in every upper body workout and I increased the frequency of dips and chins. Now those areas have had a chance to catch up. You get the idea.

Cool

Originally Posted by browndustin
    Hit the big three and keep at it.
    which 3?

Exclamation

And somehow I cannot do Pullups at all and Dips are so difficult for me. Why?
    Arms are weak? They are so weak?

__

bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000) bongd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Calm down, man. It’s all good. I meant squats, deadlifts and bench. It’s also good to get in military presses, barbell rows and other compound exercises.

Like the name implies, it incorporates far more muscle fibers than simple isolated exercises. And should prove to be far more effective as well, even if you’re training the same parts.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by healthyme2
    And somehow I cannot do Pullups at all and Dips are so difficult for me. Why?
    Arms are weak? They are so weak?

They're difficult for everyone starting out. Use the assisted dip/chinup machine until you've got the strength to do them without any assistance. Optionally you can build up some strength using the lat pulldown before making the jump to chinups/pullups.

For the record I could count on one hand the number of people I've seen doing chinups in the past month so if you have to use a machine for a while, don't feel like you're committing a crime as some might want you to believe. I started out with the lat pulldown and it got the job done until I moved on to the better exercise.