Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Architect of Aggression One Man Army's Avatar
    One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) One Man Army has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Gorillas are some big bad motherf*ckers no doubt but 4000 lbs is too much...I dont think they can. Now slap 950 lbs on there and I bet they can do that. But over 1000 lbs I dont think so. ANd yes I know sites say that Gorillas can do this but its all SPECULATIVE.

DrewYoung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Stop and think about it though.

Physically speaking, they are not humans....

Their arms ARE LONGER. And they have much more massive chests.

Leverage, leverage, leverage. Marsha marsha marsha

And we know there are genetic differences in muscle, some are the same size but can satisfy more than one wom......I mean, are stronger than others.

Now if you figure they have longer and wider frames, may very well have more muscle, and you get a super freak gorilla.....I would not rule it out.

Geesh, look at a horse...horses can pull thousands of pounds, but you wouldnt immediately get that impression by looking at what appear to be scrawny legs.

And remember that a gorilla on his arms is still about 4-5 tall.

I wouldnt write it off.

If cornered by angry gorillas, tell em you know diane fossey

Look at the attached image to see how big these things are next to us....theyre natually huge to begin with....their arms are like twice the size of ours...:

http://www.anselm.edu/homepage/jpito...rts/human+.JPG

http://www.mc.maricopa.edu/dept/d10/...lla_human.jpeg
    Attached Images
    Last edited by DrewYoung; 08-11-2006 at 08:44 PM.

governator45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) governator45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) governator45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) governator45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) governator45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) governator45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) governator45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) governator45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) governator45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) governator45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) governator45 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Big_G1986
    Have any of you seen a gorillas upclose? Without a *****ing doubt.

This isnt just my bias of thinking gorillas are totally awesome and sweet, its just the damn truth.

Humans are patheticly weak creatures designed to store fat and THINK of ways to kill. Thats why we are so deadly.

Anyways, I knew all this stuff from a long time ago because of my aformentioned love of gorrilas (and bears) so I have been concocting a plan to kidnap a male gorrilla at birth, feed it all sorts of Gorilla steroids and a 20,000 calorie diet while training it (ILL FIGURE OUT A WAY) in all the lifts until I have a 2000 pound super beast. I would then train it to listen to verbal commands, attach a laser gun to its head for good measure, then sell it and its clones ( I plan on cloning it) to the highest bidder.

I was also thinking of training a steroided up superbear for it too ride but that seemed kinda silly and farfetched. Dont steal my idea.

I lol'd pretty hard at that.

Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    A juiced up silverback could throw up 4 grand after years of hard training maybe...

farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by rdh_1990
    thats right i benched 4000lbs...........jokes but i did see a website on the internet that claims the average male gorilla can bench press 4000lbs wot do u think? i think it cud probly make about 400lbs not 4000
    Well i have read that a gorilla can be around 10x stronger than the average man. Some species can weigh up to a staggering 600lbs! I'd say they could easily surpass the greatest human lifting achievement if trained.
    Last edited by farmerlee; 08-12-2006 at 12:23 AM.
    "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory."

Isaiah 6:3

sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Talking

someone should train a gorilla to bench press just to see. I bet they could do it if they had any kind of technique. As was already mentioned before, they have stronger muscles, skeletons, and CNS. Not to mention 'retard strength'. LOL

Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Drew23
    The average male gorilla has a 2" penis.

Still jealous?

nope thx 4 that
    "I shoot I score, He shoots I score" - Dan Gable

"Doesn't it say in the bible...
    And on the fifth day God invented iron for man to lift. And lift it he did. And strong he did become. And good he found this to be. And God said unto He, go and lift and be strong and be good.

stop wishing and get lifting." - joekerr31

Joustra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joustra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joustra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joustra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joustra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joustra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joustra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joustra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joustra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joustra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Joustra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

hey...apparently bears skeletal structure is similar to ours with the limbs being farly proportionate to their bodies. I bet a 1500 pound grizzly or a 1800 pound polar bear can pull a sled with a gorilla and all the weight it can lift on it as their daily GPP work. A 800lbs siberian tiger can beat the crapp out of a gorilla any day so imagine what it can bench? A cheetah has very explosive speed so what is DE squats for a cheetah like. ****...imagine what an elaphant can do!! The point is you can't compare animals to people let alone animals doing human performances ie. powerlifting. This thread reminds me of the Disney animated Robin Hood where all the characters were animals.

jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50) jack_of_all will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    no way in hell a gorilla would bench 4k lbs. apes are built for pulling, NOT pushing, you need to keep that in mind. all of their strength achievements relate to pulling on things. as far as the insane chimp dl, you need to consider that at the height a person would be going down to pull on it, a short little chimp with short legs and long arms is basically locking out the last inch, and with strong bones and connective tissues you could lock out an inch of anything. THAT is why the female deadlifted more than the male chimp, because she was yet another couple inches shorter.

now consider much more importantly these ratios are based on the average human. so if a gorilla can bench 10X that of the average human, he's not that strong at all (by crazy gorilla standards, obviously he owns people still). if he can bench 10X that of the average human MALE (the AVERAGE male is untrained, remember that folks), well then he's probably benching 1400 lbs (which still makes a man look weak, but with a good 100 lbs on mendy, its not really that bad for us). now consider the distribution in humans, some people are just total beasts. lets say that a guy who is just naturally a beast can throw up twice that of a normal man having never lifted, and since a gorilla is a primate too we can make a similar conclusion about them. ie, a total absolute freak of a gorilla (like the 600+ lb behemoths) would maybe be able to bench 2800.

AM_129 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AM_129 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AM_129 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AM_129 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AM_129 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AM_129 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AM_129 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AM_129 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AM_129 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AM_129 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AM_129 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Have any of you seen a gorillas upclose? Without a *****ing doubt.

This isnt just my bias of thinking gorillas are totally awesome and sweet, its just the damn truth.

Humans are patheticly weak creatures designed to store fat and THINK of ways to kill. Thats why we are so deadly.

Anyways, I knew all this stuff from a long time ago because of my aformentioned love of gorrilas (and bears) so I have been concocting a plan to kidnap a male gorrilla at birth, feed it all sorts of Gorilla steroids and a 20,000 calorie diet while training it (ILL FIGURE OUT A WAY) in all the lifts until I have a 2000 pound super beast. I would then train it to listen to verbal commands, attach a laser gun to its head for good measure, then sell it and its clones ( I plan on cloning it) to the highest bidder.

I was also thinking of training a steroided up superbear for it too ride but that seemed kinda silly and farfetched. Dont steal my idea.

LOL

This was the funniest thing I've read in awhile.

Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This forum has almost as many Animal experts as we do Street Fighting Experts, wow.

Not only do I know what gorillas actually bench.

I know that apes were actually designed for pulling.

(and what a gorilla could most likely bench after a year of steroids, will help with future plans)

I bet the Gorilla was just inflating his E-stats. I saw him "bench 4000:, it was shirted and his ass was off the bench....he didnt even go down all the way.

Besides for there bodyweight gorillas arent even that strong, just like ronnie coleman who is actually really weak and full of useless bloated muscles. I bet gorillas are full of it, did you know gorillas can barerly bench 225 in the on season?

De Haan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) De Haan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) De Haan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) De Haan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) De Haan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) De Haan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) De Haan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) De Haan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) De Haan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) De Haan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) De Haan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My Gorilla can beat up your Gorilla

Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Travis71902 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This forum has almost as many Animal experts as we do Street Fighting Experts, wow.

Not only do I know what gorillas actually bench.

I know that apes were actually designed for pulling.

(and what a gorilla could most likely bench after a year of steroids, will help with future plans)

I bet the Gorilla was just inflating his E-stats. I saw him "bench 4000:, it was shirted and his ass was off the bench....he didnt even go down all the way.

Besides for there bodyweight gorillas arent even that strong, just like ronnie coleman who is actually really weak and full of useless bloated muscles. I bet gorillas are full of it, did you know gorillas can barerly bench 225 in the on season?
    Ronnie Coleman is not weak son. He's not amazing since he's almost 300lbs, but do recall a little vid he squats and deads 3x his BW twice. Can you do that. What was that 5 weeks out from Olympia too? So he was probably 270lbs?

Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Travis71902
    Ronnie Coleman is not weak son. He's not amazing since he's almost 300lbs, but do recall a little vid he squats and deads 3x his BW twice. Can you do that. What was that 5 weeks out from Olympia too? So he was probably 270lbs?

Your not the brightest light bulb are you.

GoldLabel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoldLabel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoldLabel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoldLabel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoldLabel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoldLabel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoldLabel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoldLabel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking gorilla

who would spot for the gorilla,not me!
    I wonder what one could bench with a bench shirt on.
    Just Lift The Damn Weights

TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by WowWeakForum
    Ha ! 400 lbs

Even 1000 lbs is laughable for a gorilla. I don't know if all gorillas could bench press 4k lbs, but a male silverback could. A little chimpanzee weighing 120-160 lbs at most, could rip a car door off it's hinges. A silverback weighs up to 500 lbs. A 4k bench press is probably a conservative estimate for it. All humans are physically frail. The strength of our species lies in the power of our brains, which is why this forum is incredibly weak (until I sign on).
    Lol and repped

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to WowWeakForum again.

Give me a PM in a couple of days and I'll rep ya

TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The real question is, how much can he squat!?!?!?

JuicyCop2 is not very well liked. (-100) JuicyCop2 is not very well liked. (-100) JuicyCop2 is not very well liked. (-100) JuicyCop2 is not very well liked. (-100) JuicyCop2 is not very well liked. (-100) JuicyCop2 is not very well liked. (-100) JuicyCop2 is not very well liked. (-100) JuicyCop2 is not very well liked. (-100) JuicyCop2 is not very well liked. (-100) JuicyCop2 is not very well liked. (-100) JuicyCop2 is not very well liked. (-100)
    If you guys think thats an impressive then you should see the species of ape thats now extinct. I forget their names but there was a species of 8 foot tall apes that basically looked like big foot that lived in china. Their latin name was something gigantus.. damn i cant even remember, been so long since i had anthropology.

JuicyCop2 is not very well liked. (-100) JuicyCop2 is not very well liked. (-100) JuicyCop2 is not very well liked. (-100) JuicyCop2 is not very well liked. (-100) JuicyCop2 is not very well liked. (-100) JuicyCop2 is not very well liked. (-100) JuicyCop2 is not very well liked. (-100) JuicyCop2 is not very well liked. (-100) JuicyCop2 is not very well liked. (-100) JuicyCop2 is not very well liked. (-100) JuicyCop2 is not very well liked. (-100)
    NM i remembered. It was called giganthopithecus

And believe it or not it was believed humans killed this things off for their meat!
    Last edited by JuicyCop2; 08-14-2006 at 07:24 PM.

Ausswolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ausswolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ausswolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ausswolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ausswolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ausswolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ausswolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ausswolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ausswolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ausswolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ausswolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Bench? Squat?.... Imagine how much a gorilla could deadlift!!!
    Attached Images

King Crush is just really nice. (+1000) King Crush is just really nice. (+1000) King Crush is just really nice. (+1000) King Crush is just really nice. (+1000) King Crush is just really nice. (+1000) King Crush is just really nice. (+1000) King Crush is just really nice. (+1000) King Crush is just really nice. (+1000) King Crush is just really nice. (+1000) King Crush is just really nice. (+1000) King Crush is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ukstrongman
    gorillas can close #4 grippers.
    How do you know?
    COMBERDS

10ptbuck is not very well liked. (-100) 10ptbuck is not very well liked. (-100) 10ptbuck is not very well liked. (-100) 10ptbuck is not very well liked. (-100) 10ptbuck is not very well liked. (-100) 10ptbuck is not very well liked. (-100) 10ptbuck is not very well liked. (-100) 10ptbuck is not very well liked. (-100) 10ptbuck is not very well liked. (-100) 10ptbuck is not very well liked. (-100) 10ptbuck is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Dynamin
    The average person could bench (without ever training) no more then 200 or 300 lbs.
    bs. the average person who doesnt lift would be raw if they could get up 135...Nobody gets under 2-300 pounds the first time they bench. **** a 300lb bench is respectable....far from your "average joe" whose never touched a barbell and knows nothing of diet.

djnorris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djnorris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djnorris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djnorris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djnorris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djnorris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Wtf?

The fact that people are disputing whether or not a gorilla can bench 4000lbs is amazing.
    Powerlifting stats (as of 08-08-06)
    Bench- no one cares
    Squat- what's that?
    Deads- ooouch!

Personal Stats (as of 08-08-06)
    Height- short and wide
    Weight- never enough
    Bodyfat- not embarrassed to strip

djnorris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djnorris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djnorris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djnorris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djnorris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djnorris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by King Crush
    How do you know?
    He saw my gorilla do it.
    Powerlifting stats (as of 08-08-06)
    Bench- no one cares
    Squat- what's that?
    Deads- ooouch!

Personal Stats (as of 08-08-06)
    Height- short and wide
    Weight- never enough
    Bodyfat- not embarrassed to strip

Rawngus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rawngus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rawngus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rawngus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rawngus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rawngus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rawngus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rawngus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rawngus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rawngus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rawngus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i have a friends that works at a zoo (he's been there a whilehes a friend of the family) anyway he said that gorillas pick up the 400 lbs boulders in there exhibit and pretty much front raise that and i dont know bout you but i can bench 10x what i front raise easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

percussion8903 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) percussion8903 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) percussion8903 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) percussion8903 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) percussion8903 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) percussion8903 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) percussion8903 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) percussion8903 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) percussion8903 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) percussion8903 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) percussion8903 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    their arms are bigger than gregg valentinos'

Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You should think of it this way: the same way we use our legs to move around, gorillas and most apes use their arms (hanging on the trees and all). Now, considering that a silverback weights about 2.5 times as much as the average adult human, and the average, untrained, adult human could leg press, what, 400lbs? Do that times 2.5 and it should give you a rough estimate of how much a gorilla could bench methinks - about 1000lbs. But 4k? No ****ing way. Maybe, like said above, if they trained for years and used gear, but not your average gorilla.

As far as teaching a gorilla to bench goes, I honestly don't think it would be THAT hard. They can be tought to comunicate with us. They can be tought to operate simple machinery. Why couldn't they be tought to lay on a bench and push a bar?

Max0xr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Drew23
    The average male gorilla has a 2" penis.

Still jealous?
    I am jealous of gorrilas with penis enlargement pills
    If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door.

Tormented will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tormented will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tormented will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tormented will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tormented will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tormented will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tormented will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tormented will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tormented will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tormented will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tormented will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Uriel_da_man
    You should think of it this way: the same way we use our legs to move around, gorillas and most apes use their arms (hanging on the trees and all). Now, considering that a silverback weights about 2.5 times as much as the average adult human, and the average, untrained, adult human could leg press, what, 400lbs? Do that times 2.5 and it should give you a rough estimate of how much a gorilla could bench methinks - about 1000lbs. But 4k? No ****ing way. Maybe, like said above, if they trained for years and used gear, but not your average gorilla.

As far as teaching a gorilla to bench goes, I honestly don't think it would be THAT hard. They can be tought to comunicate with us. They can be tought to operate simple machinery. Why couldn't they be tought to lay on a bench and push a bar?
    Wow, an amazingly accurate and in depth analysis on the gorilla benching situation. I almost felt like I was actually there, watching a gorilla bench as I read your post. I even got chills as you brought up the leg press.
    "There is no room for failure now. The innocent must die."

Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Uriel_da_man
    You could teach a gorilla to bench, no problem. What would be difficult would be to get it to commit to a hardcore training program.
    "A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand."