mikey_j21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

HELP... 10 days of killing everything I worked for..

I need some advice / support...
    I have been away from home for the last 10 days and I have not touched a weight or done any cardio at all (close to impossible)... To make matters worse I have been eating everything presented to me. Chocolate deserts, cheeseburgers, bagels for breakfast... I had a limited selection of food and the food presented to me was high in fat and carbs like crazy.
    I am heading home tonight and plan on going harder then ever before but before I left I was in the best shape of my life... six pack and all.
    Have you ever been through this before and what is the best way to rebound?

Fat Balls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fat Balls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fat Balls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fat Balls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fat Balls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fat Balls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fat Balls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fat Balls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fat Balls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fat Balls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fat Balls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You need to work on your self control. What do you want us to tell you? Just don't look back and get back on track.

I have heard stuff like take one day and eat very vey little and drink plenty of water to clean out your system?
    Anything else you suggest to get back on track fast?

Fat Balls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fat Balls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fat Balls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fat Balls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fat Balls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fat Balls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fat Balls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fat Balls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fat Balls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fat Balls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fat Balls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just go back to what you were doing before, if you were in the best shape of your life.

ReelMike84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReelMike84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReelMike84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReelMike84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReelMike84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReelMike84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReelMike84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReelMike84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReelMike84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReelMike84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ReelMike84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    In all honesty 10 days of eating what you want won't kill you, especially if before you left you were doing great. If you think about it 10 days away from eating clean and working out most of the time is not a lot. It's people who eat everything presented to them and don't lift a finger 365 days out of the year who have something to worry about.

Yes you'll feel like crap because your body is not used to it. But the strongest effect will be psychological. The ragging on yourself for acting foolish. Just remind youself that when you get back to the gym and eating right, your body will automatically go back to where it was. You don't need to push yourself harder or eat less, just go back to exactly what you were doing before and in a few days BAM! you'll be back.

That's the great thing about making sure that you're working out and eating great most of the time. You, unlike the average person, can have a 10 day binge and it won't affect you like it would affect the couch potatoe with the remote permaglued to their hand.

mikesharon41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    In my expirence this is sometimes the best thing for you. I had to travel for a couple of weeks and during those weeks I did no exercise and ate like crap....I didnt eat alot of junk food like chips and chocolate and stuff but all fried crap things like that.

I felt so bad about myself and I felt like a lump of crap. After that I remembered how bad it made me feel to eat like that and I havent been so strict on my diet ever since.

You need to remember what it was like at times to keep up your motovation. Dont let it distract you, use it to your benefit.

DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    10 days is not that bad. I went on vacation last month for seven days, and did no cardio or workouts, plus ate like crazy. I came back bloated and 6 pounds heavier. My six pack had greatly diminished. I got back on track and now I am about a week away from being back where I was. It should only take you 25-40 days to get back to where you were. The time is gonna pass anyways right? So don't look back and in a month you will be ok.
    Last edited by dkf10425; 08-10-2006 at 01:19 PM.

reagan123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reagan123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reagan123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reagan123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reagan123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reagan123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reagan123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reagan123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reagan123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reagan123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) reagan123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mikey_j21
    Have you ever been through this before and what is the best way to rebound?
    Obviously you know what you need to do to get in shape. Just get back on track as soon as you get home. Anytime I go out of town to visit family I go way overboard (I know it's a problem.. i'm working on it). I binged for 3 days and came back with the scale showing a 23lb increase.

Frustrating, yes, but I got back on track and that water weight/bloat was gone in about a week and a half or so.

NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The 10 days were probably pretty good for you. You're 20 years old. At your age you have an incredible ability to adapt and a metabolism that you don't have to worry about going overboard. Training wise, your joints, tendons and CNS thank you. Likie someone else said, just get back to what you were doing before.
    My famous work quote:

I can live with a little pain and 18+" arms,
    I can't live with the pain of having little 14" arms

I understand how when some of you went back home you were more strict then ever. These past 10 days have just reminded me why I eat right and put so much effort in. I am going to use all this negativity to help me stay motivated.

Ishbu3116 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Its okay man, it will probably set you back a few weeks. Also a lot of the weight you gained is water and will come off almost immediately. So do not worry too much about it. I would guess you ended up gaining 1-1.5 pounds of fat and that takes about 7 days for me to burn off. So just get back at it and keep your chin up, you are not the first person to go through something like this.
    Currently: Cutting
    Height: 5'8"
    Weight: 153 LBS
    Bench Press: 200
    Squat: 250
    Deadlift: 270
    RAW: 720

kev108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kev108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kev108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kev108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kev108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kev108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kev108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kev108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kev108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kev108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kev108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you screwed up , theres no need to drag yourself in pity. just focus on getting back into shape.

Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    getting abs is hardest the first time onyl anyway...after that u know it can be done
    "I shoot I score, He shoots I score" - Dan Gable

"Doesn't it say in the bible...
    And on the fifth day God invented iron for man to lift. And lift it he did. And strong he did become. And good he found this to be. And God said unto He, go and lift and be strong and be good.

stop wishing and get lifting." - joekerr31

mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just wait til the first time you go on a binge over a weekend then Monday you discover you actually LOST weight!

It's happened to me and the weight stayed off too!

delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) delinx32 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    !0 days? Just get back on the horse man. What could you have possibly gained in 10 days? 2 pounds? No need to work harder, just get back to the basics. You'll fix your previous 10 days in the next 10 days.

Thanks for the support... I am heading back home tomorrow and I am excited to get back at it. The heathly lifestyle is so addicting. I have missed it the past 10 days. I really did not think I would get many replys when I first posted.

A quick question for everyone... Have you tried using resistance bands in your workouts.. I seen T.O. usethem and I have tried them once and they are amazing... Anyone have any good advice or where I can find any advice on them. I am going to do a search and look through the site also.