OnMyWay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OnMyWay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OnMyWay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OnMyWay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OnMyWay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OnMyWay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OnMyWay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OnMyWay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OnMyWay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OnMyWay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OnMyWay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Safe Ephedra doseage???

I recently purchased SciFit Ephedra 1000. Only after receiving my shipment did I realize that it contains 40mg of ephedra per capsule. Most products that I've used only contain 20mg per serving of 2-3 capsules.

Has anyone used this particular product or anything else with similiar doseage?

Is it ok to dump some of the capsule contents into a shake to lessen the doseage?

DawggieDawg69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are you sure that you can not break the cap in half to get only half? Like some pills you can do that.

Evangelical Agnostic CerealKiller's Avatar
    CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Re: Safe Ephedra doseage???

Originally posted by OnMyWay
    I recently purchased SciFit Ephedra 1000. Only after receiving my shipment did I realize that it contains 40mg of ephedra per capsule. Most products that I've used only contain 20mg per serving of 2-3 capsules.

Is it ok to dump some of the capsule contents into a shake to lessen the doseage?
    Never used the product but it seems like too much at once. On the label it says serving size is 2 capsules and this would be 80mg all at once. I use Dymetadrine Extreme (2 caps give 48mg) and I handle it fine. I would only take one at a time if I were you for the 40mg's. I read somewhere not to exceed 90mgs in a 24 hour period. If you dump some in a shake I don't see how this alters the total amount taken in a given time period. Hope this helps.
    You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep-seated need to believe. -- Carl Sagan

OnMyWay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OnMyWay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OnMyWay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OnMyWay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OnMyWay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OnMyWay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OnMyWay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OnMyWay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OnMyWay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OnMyWay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OnMyWay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I have read in several places that the 'industry recommended standard' is no higher than 25mg in one dose and 90mg per day.

Is it just a matter of tolerance?

Does anyone regularly use doseages higher than 25mg?
    If so, did you build up to the higher amount or jump right into it?

Again, any input as far as mixing half a capsules contents into some sort of beverage to cut the 40mg dose down would be apreciated.

WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Re: Safe Ephedra doseage???

EphedRA or ephedRINE? There is a difference.

Will Brink
    BrinkZone, Where Bro-Science Got Rabies and Died!

www.BrinkZone.com

Check out my BrinkZone mini site on BB.com at:

www.bodybuilding.com/fun/willbrink.htm

=> President and Founder of Shaved head with goatee Crew
    => Science over bro science Crew

What's the difference?

Please enlighten me.

CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What's the difference?

Please enlighten me.
    Ephedra also known as ma huang is a plant. Ephedrine is the active ingredient in ephedra. Sort of like marijuana is a plant while THC is the active ingredient that produces the effects.
    You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep-seated need to believe. -- Carl Sagan

WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WillBrink has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally posted by CerealKiller
    Ephedra also known as ma huang is a plant. Ephedrine is the active ingredient in ephedra. Sort of like marijuana is a plant while THC is the active ingredient that produces the effects.
    Exactly. It also means the product he mentioned in fact is quite low dosed, not high dosed for the active compound.

Will Brink

www.BrinkZone.com

Originally posted by WillBrink
    Exactly. It also means the product he mentioned in fact is quite low dosed, not high dosed for the active compound.

Will Brink
    80mg of ephedrine per serving is low dosed ?
    I must be missing something. Please explain.

1000mg Ephedra
    X .08 ephedrine extract = 80mg ephedrine

80mg of ephedrine per serving is low dosed ?
    I must be missing something. Please explain.

1000mg Ephedra
    X .08 ephedrine extract = 80mg ephedrine
    Dont think you read the post close enough. He said:

"40mg of ephedra per capsule. Most products that I've used only contain 20mg per serving of 2-3 capsules." And most ephedra is standardized to more like 4-6%.

www.BrinkZone.com

Dont think you read the post close enough. He said:

"40mg of ephedra per capsule. Most products that I've used only contain 20mg per serving of 2-3 capsules." And most ephedra is standardized to more like 4-6%.
    The product he's questioning is standardized to 8% and I believe he meant to say 40mg ephedrine per capsule.

The product he's questioning is standardized to 8% and I believe he meant to say 40mg ephedrine per capsule.
    I quoted exactly what he said no? He said ephedra, hence the reason for the thread.

www.BrinkZone.com

I quoted exactly what he said no? He said ephedra, hence the reason for the thread.
    Yes. But lets not tell him the product he's selected is a weak dosage. It's not. Serving size is 2 capsules and that's 80mg ephedrine at once.

OnMyWay - Best to play it safe with ephedrine products. I wouldn't suggest trying to build up your tolerance to the stuff. IMO take one capsule 45 mins pre-workout and don't exceed 90mg per day.

Yes. But lets not tell him the product he's selected is a weak dosage. It's not. Serving size is 2 capsules and that's 80mg ephedrine at once.

OnMyWay - Best to play it safe with ephedrine products. I wouldn't suggest trying to build up your tolerance to the stuff. IMO take one capsule 45 mins pre-workout and don't exceed 90mg per day.
    I really dont follow you. If its 40mg of ephedRA per cap and its 8% ephedrine (which BTW is probably not true) then the fact is, its a low dose period and FAR below the doses found to be effective in the data. I have never seen a product that had 40mg of ephedRINE per cap, but who knows.

Will Brink

www.BrinkZone.com

I really dont follow you. If its 40mg of ephedRA per cap and its 8% ephedrine (which BTW is probably not true) then the fact is, its a low dose period and FAR below the doses found to be effective in the data. I have never seen a product that had 40mg of ephedRINE per cap, but who knows.

Will Brink
    It's not. It's 40mg of ephedRINE per cap. You can check the label at the cyber store here.

It's not. It's 40mg of ephedRINE per cap. You can check the label at the cyber store here.
    You could have said that a long time ago and saved us the hassle. I agree, 40mg per cap of real ephedrine is a high dose per cap and makes it hard to dose properly also as you want 20mg, 3X per day.

Will Brink.

www.BrinkZone.com

LOL. I thought I did. Well it was fun anyways.

Sorry for the confusion guys. I just assumed that the terms went hand-in-hand.

However, now I'm more confused after checking out the ingredient labels on a few products I have in the house.

Here are 3 products and what they say the ingredients are:
    (note the different use of the words 'EphedRA and EphedRINE'. Are they labeling wrong, or are some are the TW adn SciFit products less effective?)

Vitamin Shoppe, MetaboShape
    Ma Huang Extract 334mg, (Ephedra Sinica)(aerial parts), standardized to 6% Ephedrine Alkaloids 20mg.

Twinlab Ripped Fuel Extreme
    Ma Huang Extract, (aerial parts), standardized for 20mg ephedra alkaloids

SciFit Ephedra 1000
    Ephedra Extract 500mg, (8% ephedrine), standardized for 40mg ephedra alkaloids

Sorry to drag this on, but with all the controversary I just want to be sure of what I'm using.

Sorry for the confusion guys. I just assumed that the terms went hand-in-hand.

However, now I'm more confused after checking out the ingredient labels on a few products I have in the house.

Here are 3 products and what they say the ingredients are:
    (note the different use of the words 'EphedRA and EphedRINE'. Are they labeling wrong, or are some are the TW adn SciFit products less effective?)

Vitamin Shoppe, MetaboShape
    Ma Huang Extract 334mg, (Ephedra Sinica)(aerial parts), standardized to 6% Ephedrine Alkaloids 20mg.

Twinlab Ripped Fuel Extreme
    Ma Huang Extract, (aerial parts), standardized for 20mg ephedra alkaloids

SciFit Ephedra 1000
    Ephedra Extract 500mg, (8% ephedrine), standardized for 40mg ephedra alkaloids

Sorry to drag this on, but with all the controversary I just want to be sure of what I'm using.

MetaboShape 334mg X .06 = 20.04mg ephedrine
    SciFit 1000 500mg X .08 = 40.00mg ephedrine

Just take the big number and multiply the percentage its standardized to like the examples above to figure how much ephedrine you're getting per capsule or serving.

shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100) shpongled is not very well liked. (-100)
    yeah, ignore the amount of "ephedra" per cap. the "ephedrine" is what matters.

i would recommend building a tolerance before taking those caps. 40 mg at once will be about the same as if you took 2-3 caffeine pills. if you want to feel like that, it's all good, but it can cause heart palpitations and so on.

you could break the pills in half and put them in a shake, but often times when something is put into aqueous solution - especially alkaloids, like ephedrine - it can change it's composition. you could be changing the ephedrine HCl into ephedrine and HCl (salt) separately, which could render the compound orally inactive (although it might be possible for you to smoke it....) instead, i'd recommend buying a weaker dosage and working your way up. 50 mgs a day works fine for me.

david