Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

"Strongest Woman" contests

Over the last few days, I caught the "Strongest Woman" contests on ESPN. I have watched the guys do this over the years but was not aware there were women doing this too.

I have a friend who is quite strong, living out in the country and raising large animals but selfconcious of her appearance. Good upper body and lower body strength but she thinks she is fat because she is not "buffed" like the women bodybuilders. Long time self esteem problems dating from her childhood. When I told her about the program, her comment was "sure, they are all ripped too". Nope, I told her and told her the contestants were in all shapes and none the classic "Bodybuilder" form you see in those contests (and yes, I do know the differences...and bodybuilders are strong too)

So I showed her the program. Wow! This was a revelation to her and made her rethink about her feelings about herself. There was one woman contestant from Germany that was about her height (5' 3") whose base is powerlifting. (Sauer, I think her name was) In appearence, my friend looked alot like her and weighed pretty close.

I do not know what you all may think of these contests but I feel they do show what women are capable of doing. Like the Swedish contestant reply when one woman told her "I could never do anything like that or be as strong"......The Swede's answer was, "to start going to a gym and you would be surprised at what you Can do."

Any comments?

Gracious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

I am Swedish, and powerlifting women is defenately happening there. THey have local comps and qualifiers for a national championship.

I suggest go into www.strongestman.com and click onto the strongestwoman link. Maybe there you could find some more info. Maybe there is something going on where you are based. Doing a strongman/woman competition takes a lot of hardwork and training, and it is important that you train right, so contact somebody who knows, and I am sure they will give you advice.

The top Swedish guy (and wife) actually live on a farm, which is ideal for strongman/woman training (she does the woman bit). There you can create your own training ground with pulling an old tractor, or lifting logs and so on. It is perfect!! They do a lot of training at the farm where they live.

I hope your friend picks it up - it is great to see more women doing the business with weights and showing strength!!

Good luck!!

SMACKAVELI is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMACKAVELI is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMACKAVELI is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMACKAVELI is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMACKAVELI is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMACKAVELI is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMACKAVELI is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMACKAVELI is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMACKAVELI is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMACKAVELI is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SMACKAVELI is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Jill Mills Rules!
    Mod massmonsterz.com
    Mod xtreme-usa.com
    Mod musclemorpheus.com

[]D [] []v[] []D

SMACKAVELI is merely an online character. The words and subject of this online character by all means does not represent the writer. This is Role Playing only...

Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I tried that link and it did not come up right. But did find the proper one through "Search":

http://www.strongestman.com/strongwoman

Thanks!

Gracious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

That's the one!!! sorry to confuse you!!!!