Scared of Cottage Cheese such a loser yo's Avatar
    such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

cooking with lard, butter, coconut oil...

thinking about incorporating one (or all) of these techniques to my next bulk. right now since i'm cutting, i'm using a little butter or olive oil (ev or spray), but what do you all think about using these on a clean bulk?

garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Actually using saturated fats for cooking would be the appropriate thing to do,IMO............these oils are inert when heated,unlike the polys and mono's.
    Moderation and cooking technique will be important though.
    One problem is....some of our competitors suffer from excessive build quality.

such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    there's so much conflicting "evidence" out there... makes it nearly impossible to figure out what's actually good for you.

grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000)
    dude that evoo **** is a myth...u can cook with it.

i cook with it all the time, but i'm thinking of incorporating more sat fat into my diet. most of my sat fat comes from beef and cheese, but i don't think i eat enough.

garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Dude you can cook with any oil.

Heat and especially high heat effects the molecular structure of most oils and that would include olive oil.The exception being saturated fat.......I won't go into cell-damaging free radicals that can be carcinogenic and atherogenic.
    You might want to find other sites besides pro olive oil sites.You may be surprised at what you find.

lifterohio will become famous soon enough. (+50) lifterohio will become famous soon enough. (+50) lifterohio will become famous soon enough. (+50) lifterohio will become famous soon enough. (+50) lifterohio will become famous soon enough. (+50) lifterohio will become famous soon enough. (+50) lifterohio will become famous soon enough. (+50) lifterohio will become famous soon enough. (+50) lifterohio will become famous soon enough. (+50) lifterohio will become famous soon enough. (+50) lifterohio will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    For cooking, you dont really want any of those "healthy oils" Because as soon as those oils get cooked they go bad, and they aren't so healthy anymore. Saturated fats, like found in coconut oil are stable. Wouldnt suggest lard, because it's rended animal fat, it likly is soaked in all of the fat soluble chemicals that the animal was fed, much more so than well marbled meat.
    Bon Appetite

grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000)
    sorry i did mean refined olive oil and not evoo, and at that point... still, dont deep fry or fry with it... but sauteeing isnt gonna hurt ya. but of course the refined isn't near as healthy as regular, so... kind of a a paradox.

Refined olive oil is like the red headed step child......anyway,generally speaking your total intake of fats mono/poly/sat would/should be equal.So to make sure all the natural benefits of the olive oil are not compromised I would use it for salads or for drizzling on tomatoes or other veg,that kind of thing.The poly's I get from fish and flax seed oil.Saturated I use butter and I use duck fat for sauteeing.

colubrid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colubrid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have been looking into this myself. So far I am getting the impression that coconut and macadamia nut oils are the best for pan cooking. I havn't been able to find either in my local stores. I'm hoping Whole Foods Market has it on my next trip there(it's a good drive from my house). Keep this thread rolling I for one would like to learn more about this. Like was said above there is a lot of conflicting info on this.
    6'2"
    07/23/05 305LBS UK% BF (Quit drinking, started eating healthy and exercising)
    03/23/06 221LBS 27% BF
    06/14/06 205LBS 24% BF
    07/06/06 200LBS 23% BF
    08/06/06 200LBS 24% BF
    08/18/06 196LBS 21% BF

Originally Posted by colubrid
    I have been looking into this myself. So far I am getting the impression that coconut and macadamia nut oils are the best for pan cooking. I havn't been able to find either in my local stores. I'm hoping Whole Foods Market has it on my next trip there(it's a good drive from my house). Keep this thread rolling I for one would like to learn more about this. Like was said above there is a lot of conflicting info on this.
    I agree.........Only Extra Virgin will give the health benifits that everyone is looking for.Light and heat destroy many of the antoxidants. Research conducted at the University of Lleida in Spain and reported that levels of chlorophyll, carotenoids and antioxidant phenols dropped dramatically after virgin olive oil had been in storage 12 months under the best controlled conditions .After just 2 month's exposure to light, peroxide (free radical) levels had increased so much that the olive oil could no longer be classified as extra virgin. Purchase only as much as you will use in three to four months and store away from light and heat. The regular refined olive oils that use heat and solvents to extract the oil (which is most of all the other olive oil not classified as extra virgin) is virtually useless for any health benefits. Use Extra Virgin and don't use any heat IMO. Heat and light are the killers for mono and poly oils, and I don't know why most people arn't aware of this. I'm
    sure most people know that fish and flax oil should be refridgerated and never heated.......so why does it come as a surprise that that reasoning wouldn't hold water for all the other oils?Again I'm no expert but I believe from what I've read this to be 100% true.

j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    go with the coconut oil for cooking.
    $157 billion creates 650,000 jobs = $240,000 cost to create or save 1 job

PalmTree is on a distinguished road. (+10) PalmTree is on a distinguished road. (+10) PalmTree is on a distinguished road. (+10) PalmTree is on a distinguished road. (+10) PalmTree is on a distinguished road. (+10) PalmTree is on a distinguished road. (+10) PalmTree is on a distinguished road. (+10) PalmTree is on a distinguished road. (+10) PalmTree is on a distinguished road. (+10) PalmTree is on a distinguished road. (+10) PalmTree is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Coconut oil is the way to go.

I found this link in another thread.
    http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/coconut-oil.shtml
    Lactate threshold can suck my balls.

i've seen cheap macadamia nut oil at big lots... mauna loa makes it... other stores have it tooo but it was only like 2 dollars at big ltos, should have bought all of it

anyway yeah, thats why you see most of the good olive oils in very dark containers, same with flax oil.