Silver Tounge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver Tounge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver Tounge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver Tounge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver Tounge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How do YOU warm up for leg day?

Keep it short and sweet:

5 mins on the treadmill or stairclimber
    Some light hamstring, glute, and quad stretching
    LOTS of hip flexor, groin, and calves stretching
    X-band walks

And then a couple of light high-rep sets of squats before I get the box.

How about you?

Patrok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrok will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrok will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    -5 mins on the treadmill
    -hamstring, glute, and quad stretching
    -2x8 with lightweight

Location: I live in the United Kingdom. It is very nice. Posts: About 70,000
    user128333334 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user128333334 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user128333334 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user128333334 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user128333334 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user128333334 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user128333334 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user128333334 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user128333334 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user128333334 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user128333334 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well you get different scenarios:

SCALE

HOMO-------------------AVERAGE--------------------------ALPHA
    __________________________________________________ ______
    (a)------------------------(b)--------------------------------(c)

Person (a) - Dosen't work legs out at all

Person (b) - Works legs but dosen't warm up properly and wonders why they have a severe hamstring or quadricep injury ....Not always the case..but certainly not the safest method. A definite cringe no warm up and straight into 300-400-500lbs squats!

Person (c) - Works legs however prior to working legs completes a full warm up, to increase blood flow to the working muscles, increased elasticity of the working muscles and reducing the risk of injury. This person also actively cools down at the end of the leg training session reducing the risk of blood pooling.

Ideally you want to be person c!

I don't do anything amazing just:

Warm up:
    -5 mins treadmill or bike
    -Stretching
    -Start light on squats e.g. no weight..then progressive
    -Stretching in between sets

Cool down:
    -4-5 mins gentle walking
    -Sometimes stretching session afterwards
    -Cold shower/hot shower

Person (c) May also attempt to reduce the risk of DOMS through
    -Rest
    -Ice
    -Massage
    -Stretching
    Last edited by Toxic04; 08-06-2006 at 05:45 PM.

pitch28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pitch28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pitch28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pitch28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pitch28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    set of 10 body squats (full)
    quad, glute, ham, back stretches
    set of 8 full squats of 135
    repeat stretches

grow stronger comrade rockhuddy's Avatar
    rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Same way I warm up for everything else; 5 sets of one arm bb snatches. This, or other full body lifts like olympic lifts, is good because it gets blood flowing through the whole body and warms up the joints sufficiently. Of course I'll still warm up with lighter weights on my first exercise before progressing to heavier weights, but this is a good way to prep the body for that.

Avoid stretching before a workout, though. The reason for this is that stretching the muscle will diminish its natural stretch reflex, which means you won't be lifting as heavy and you will actually be more prone to injury as the muscles won't have as much tension built up in them. Save the stretching for post-workout.
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Toxic04
    Well you get different scenarios:

SCALE

HOMO-------------------AVERAGE--------------------------ALPHA
    __________________________________________________ ______
    (a)------------------------(b)--------------------------------(c)

Person (a) - Dosen't work legs out at all

Person (b) - Works legs but dosen't warm up properly and wonders why they have a severe hamstring or quadricep injury ....Not always the case..but certainly not the safest method. A definite cringe no warm up and straight into 300-400-500lbs squats!

Person (c) - Works legs however prior to working legs completes a full warm up, to increase blood flow to the working muscles, increased elasticity of the working muscles and reducing the risk of injury. This person also actively cools down at the end of the leg training session reducing the risk of blood pooling.

Ideally you want to be person c!

I don't do anything amazing just:

Warm up:
    -5 mins treadmill or bike
    -Stretching
    -Start light on squats e.g. no weight..then progressive
    -Stretching in between sets

Cool down:
    -4-5 mins gentle walking
    -Sometimes stretching session afterwards
    -Cold shower/hot shower

Person (c) May also attempt to reduce the risk of DOMS through
    -Rest
    -Ice
    -Massage
    -Stretching
    Awesomeness, I like the graph!
    I'd say I'm somewhere between (b) and (c). I warm up with one light set of leg extensions for about 20 reps or until it starts burning some, then I do the same for leg curls. I stretch after the warm up. I then do one or two warm up sets for the first compound lift. After that it's time get hardcore! I also do one feel set for the other compound leg movement I do. I make sure to stretch in between sets.

Fighting Round the world! Lifeforce's Avatar
    Lifeforce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifeforce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifeforce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifeforce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifeforce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifeforce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifeforce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifeforce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifeforce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifeforce is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifeforce is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Warm up:

10 Reps ATG @ 135
    6 Reps ATG @ 176
    4 reps ATG @ 220
    2 reps ATG @ 242
    1 rep ATG @ 262

Then straight into working sets
    Rebuilding the ruins... stone by stone

Weight: 95 kg (209 lbs)
    Military Presses: 8x60 kg (132 lbs)
    Bent over rows: 6x100 kg (220 lbs)
    Bench: 8x85 kg (187 lbs)
    ATG Squat: 8x140 kg (308 lbs)
    Deadlift 5x150 kg (330 lbs)

kj is just really nice. (+1000) kj is just really nice. (+1000) kj is just really nice. (+1000) kj is just really nice. (+1000) kj is just really nice. (+1000) kj is just really nice. (+1000) kj is just really nice. (+1000) kj is just really nice. (+1000) kj is just really nice. (+1000) kj is just really nice. (+1000) kj is just really nice. (+1000)
    a 10 minute walk
    light hams, quads streching
    2 sets leg extensions
    a very high rep very low weight ATG set
    light calf raises

Make Misc Great Again JustiNtense's Avatar
    JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    5 min jog on tredmill then i just stand at the squat rack and stretch for a few mins.
    "Even through the darkest days, this fire burns, always."

The pessimist complains about the wind
    The optimist expects it to change direction
    The realist adjusts the sails

Location: Laughing it up in the squat cage until closing time while you stare at me with hate.
    Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500) Zane >>>> God is not very helpful. (-500)
    Drink a glass of water. Load bar.

SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How do I warm up for leg day?....... warm up sets
    Home Gym Crew
    AP4
    Pureblood

Oh_Riginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oh_Riginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oh_Riginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oh_Riginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oh_Riginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oh_Riginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oh_Riginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oh_Riginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oh_Riginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oh_Riginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oh_Riginal will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My warmup:

Squats
    10 reps w/ just the bar
    8 reps w/ 135
    6 reps w/ 225
    4 reps w/275
    Working sets...

mrtoughpants has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrtoughpants has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrtoughpants has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrtoughpants has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrtoughpants has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrtoughpants has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrtoughpants has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrtoughpants has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrtoughpants has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrtoughpants has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrtoughpants has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I just warm up with squats and build up to from 100 to 250lbs without breaks then take a 4-5min break and then go onto my heavier sets.

Registered User The Brotherhood's Avatar
    The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Calf stretches, otherwise im not able to balance on my squats.

Leg Extensions, one set of 20-25 reps till failure, leg curls 1 set of 20-25 till failure, and then i start squatting. I squat first for about 15 reps with just the bar and then continue from there.
    Miscer

PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Stretch
    10 minutes on stationary bike
    4 sets of leg extensions

Good to go!
    United States Navy Veteran - GO NAVY!

bouche_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bouche_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bouche_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bouche_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bouche_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bouche_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bouche_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bouche_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bouche_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bouche_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bouche_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    3-5 min on bike
    1-2 warmups--10 and 6 reps
    1-2 acclimation sets-- 3 and 1 rep

then working sets-- 3-8 reps

warming up properly is one of the biggest keys for me in getting stronger and bigger.

i gradually increase the wt and reduce the reps, making sure i absolutely do not fatigue the muscles before those working (overload) sets.

and i only warmup a muscle group once.

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    (notice my age, as you get older, you warmup more or you quit lifting.....but there is always hope...at 39 I feel pretty good and am making gains)

I have almost a set warmup routine no matter what bp I am working....it sounds long but it only takes a few minutes

I do these in no certain order

upright rows with broomstick
    overhead press with broomstick
    curls " "
    broomstick twists with the broom on shoulder....nice and easy
    bent rows with broomstick
    standing "bench press" with broomstick
    "skin the cat" or whatever it is called...where you hold the broomstick then take it over your head all the way around to your butt...then back up and over

if I am doing legs I will do a couple bw squats holding the broom out in front of me for balance....also i will do a few leg lifts, just lifting the knee up etc....also bending the leg backwards at the knee

then, no matter what bp I am working I will do

3lb db rotator cuff warm ups
    5 or 8lb db curls
    empty bar bench or incline
    a few pulldowns, usually at 60lbs

maybe a few side laterals with 10-15 lbs...a few front laterals

basically warming up the joints and getting "in the mood"

then on a leg day I go to the rack since I always starts with squats.....I will do a few bw squats where I hold onto the rack and squat while making sure I sit back on my heels and keep the back arched etc

then I do a squat or two with 95 lbs which feels REALLY weird

then a couple reps with 135

then usually a rep or two or 3 with 185 which feels WAY better....depending on your style of squatting, it wont feel right with 95 or 135

tonight I did this for warm ups

185x3
    225x2
    265x1

then I did my working sets with 305, 315, 320
    "Humility comes before honor"

bouche_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bouche_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bouche_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bouche_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bouche_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bouche_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bouche_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bouche_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bouche_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bouche_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bouche_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wow, very interesting.
    thats a definite full body warmup.

i thought that was you i saw at the gym today....

ishanm is on a distinguished road. (+10) ishanm is on a distinguished road. (+10) ishanm is on a distinguished road. (+10) ishanm is on a distinguished road. (+10) ishanm is on a distinguished road. (+10) ishanm is on a distinguished road. (+10) ishanm is on a distinguished road. (+10) ishanm is on a distinguished road. (+10) ishanm is on a distinguished road. (+10) ishanm is on a distinguished road. (+10) ishanm is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    1 set. 15 reps, 135 lbs atg squat

i dont see why i need more.

and i walk to the car after the gym, so that's cooling down i guess.
    summer's almost here!

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    looks like a lot but it takes like 4 minutes, lol

the opposite is the guy who comes in from a busy day of work....walks in the door, heads straight to the bench, throws on 135 and does a couple quick reps....then throws on 225, when his max is probably 245

so within a minute of walking into the gym he is lifting 20 lbs from his max.......he gets like 225x4 HARD reps.....inevitably a few minutes later he is grabbing his shoulder and making grimacing faces.....those guys usually dont last long

I have a dvd of some Polish olympic weightlifters training....the one guy is like 19 or 20 or something.....on the video he takes about a 10 minute warmup BEFORE he even touches a barbell...he does some abs, some weighted hyperextensions, various stretches etc

then of course he starts either his cleans or snatches with an empty bar and slowly progresses

that is how champions and serious students of the game train....they understand that it takes time to "gear up" both physically AND mentally

its the weekend warriors that walk into the gym and start slapping plates on a bar right away

(not referring to you Ishanm, I posted that before I saw your post, lol)
    "Humility comes before honor"

ishanm is on a distinguished road. (+10) ishanm is on a distinguished road. (+10) ishanm is on a distinguished road. (+10) ishanm is on a distinguished road. (+10) ishanm is on a distinguished road. (+10) ishanm is on a distinguished road. (+10) ishanm is on a distinguished road. (+10) ishanm is on a distinguished road. (+10) ishanm is on a distinguished road. (+10) ishanm is on a distinguished road. (+10) ishanm is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by John Prophet
    looks like a lot but it takes like 4 minutes, lol

the opposite is the guy who comes in from a busy day of work....walks in the door, heads straight to the bench, throws on 135 and does a couple quick reps....then throws on 225, when his max is probably 245

so within a minute of walking into the gym he is lifting 20 lbs from his max.......he gets like 225x4 HARD reps.....inevitably a few minutes later he is grabbing his shoulder and making grimacing faces.....those guys usually dont last long

I have a dvd of some Polish olympic weightlifters training....the one guy is like 19 or 20 or something.....on the video he takes about a 10 minute warmup BEFORE he even touches a barbell...he does some abs, some weighted hyperextensions, various stretches etc

then of course he starts either his cleans or snatches with an empty bar and slowly progresses

that is how champions and serious students of the game train....they understand that it takes time to "gear up" both physically AND mentally

its the weekend warriors that walk into the gym and start slapping plates on a bar right away

(not referring to you Ishanm, I posted that before I saw your post, lol)
    lol, i guess i should take a hint from u and warm up more. i do exactly that on the bench press and my shoulders are in pain usually. and on leg day, my lower back gets sore quick. i just hate warming up because i'm not patient and i figure since i'm 18 i dont need to. time to change this nonsense.
    summer's almost here!

Silver Tounge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver Tounge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver Tounge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver Tounge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Silver Tounge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good to see (almost) everyone warming up properly. I have very tight hips so I need lots of stretching. It appears some of you guys are doing as many as 8-9 sets of squats, including warm up and working sets.

Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If I feel I need it:

Stretch for hip flexors, a couple sets of 20-30 reps of calf raises

then:

A couple light sets of pull throughs, helps me get my glutes going

Start with squats or deadlifts:

-start with the bar for slow reps pausing at the bottom
    -move to 115 or 135 starting with slow reps pausing at the bottom to more explosive reps once I feel things start to losen up. This may take more then one set
    "Leave the pump in the bedroom and add some damn weight to the bar" - Dave Tate

"Train for strength, eat to grow and you will get bigger and stronger" - Someone bigger and stronger then me

Seeking and Destroying kylerunsalot's Avatar
    kylerunsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kylerunsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kylerunsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kylerunsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kylerunsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kylerunsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kylerunsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kylerunsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kylerunsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kylerunsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kylerunsalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I start off with some dynamic stretches and light taekwondo/kicking.
    If I'm in the mood, I'll do a 5 minute run @ 8.5mph, then a 3 minute cooldown.
    Then I just right into the weights - no warm up here.

Loves heavy stuff Yorkshire Lad's Avatar
    Yorkshire Lad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yorkshire Lad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yorkshire Lad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yorkshire Lad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yorkshire Lad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yorkshire Lad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yorkshire Lad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yorkshire Lad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yorkshire Lad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yorkshire Lad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Yorkshire Lad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't have a 'leg day,' I squat 3 times a week on starting strength. Usual warmup:
    30 minute brisk walk to gym
    Optional 5-10 minutes on stationary bike, low resistance, only if weather is cold
    Squats as follows:
    Empty bar x 5-10, going on feel
    Working up with 3/4/5 warmup sets of 3 or less reps up to working sets.
    My Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=968826

SG82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SG82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SG82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SG82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SG82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SG82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SG82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SG82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SG82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SG82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SG82 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Light myself on fire.

I3oostedcubes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I3oostedcubes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I3oostedcubes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I3oostedcubes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I3oostedcubes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I3oostedcubes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I3oostedcubes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I3oostedcubes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I3oostedcubes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I3oostedcubes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) I3oostedcubes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    5 minute brisk walk on threadmill
    Stretches for hams, quads, calves
    Very light weight 10-15 reps

dunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dunk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dunk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by rockhuddy
    \

Avoid stretching before a workout, though. The reason for this is that stretching the muscle will diminish its natural stretch reflex, which means you won't be lifting as heavy and you will actually be more prone to injury as the muscles won't have as much tension built up in them. Save the stretching for post-workout.
    There was a study done at LSU that proved this is correct. My warm up consists of a 10 min light ride on a stationary bike 3 sets of cleans and then squating with the bar and working up to the working sets
    I hate POGs that pretend to be hard ass warriors

HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoosierBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by rockhuddy

I disagree completely. Dynamic stretching done before lifting is very beneficial for a lot of people.