Jaxsurf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaxsurf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Carbs and fat together

Hey,
    I've seen a couple of posts stating that "Carbs + Fat = Body Fat." However, I was under the impression that eating fat would slow down the absorption level of the food you are eating, thus resulting in less body fat. Would eating oatmeal with peanut butter mixed in be a bad choice if I am trying to minimize body fat? I also sometimes have cottage cheese with peanut butter mixed in before bed. Any thoughts? Thanks for any input you can provide.

Jaxsurf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jaxsurf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump

cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Carbs and fat together

Originally posted by Jaxsurf
    Hey,
    I've seen a couple of posts stating that "Carbs + Fat = Body Fat." However, I was under the impression that eating fat would slow down the absorption level of the food you are eating, thus resulting in less body fat. Would eating oatmeal with peanut butter mixed in be a bad choice if I am trying to minimize body fat? I also sometimes have cottage cheese with peanut butter mixed in before bed. Any thoughts? Thanks for any input you can provide.
    jsut make sure you dont exceed the daily amount of calories youa re striving for, and dont eat carbs before bed

CoolHandLuke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I eat tons of peanut butter and oatmeal a day, and ive lost 40 pounds in the last 5 months!

anyone else have a take on this???

bump it on up

bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by CoolHandLuke
    I eat tons of peanut butter and oatmeal a day, and ive lost 40 pounds in the last 5 months!
    How's that?
    "Bad habits are like a comfortable bed, easy to get into, but hard to get out of." - Anonimus -
    "My mind is like a General. And my body's like an Army." - Herschel Walker -
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity...

Recovery is key. Massages, epsom salts baths, foam rolling, sleep masks, contrast showers, it all adds up. Get a foam roller, The Stick, a tennis/baseball, use them and stay healthy, pain and injury free.

BlackBison has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    jax: it all comes down to calories. if sensible, fat + low GI carbs is great..but only if calories are kept down.

if you eat 500 cals of oatmeal + 500 cals of PB at once then of course you might put on some fat. this is because yoru body uses the carbs for fuel over the next few hrs, and so the insulin release sends all the fat to fat cells. so even though the meal is slow digesting, unless you are burning over maintenance in the time after it (ie. you are doing cardio) then you will get some fat storage.

its just calories at the end of the day...if you eat 1500 cals of carbs at once you will get fat. it doesnt matter if there is any fat with it or not..

but i do find its ok to have ANY ratio meal provided the meal is below 500 calories, except high GI carbs- i NEVER eat these anymore. 500 cals of fat and good carbs will digest nice and slow, should keep you satisfied for longer. but it wont be much food volume. the choice is yours
    ~Those who think they know everything really annoy those of us who actually do know it all~

Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Timbo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The physiology behind all of this is a little bit beyond the scope of a simple post (like I have time for typing right now). Although a caloric deficit is the most important aspect of dieting, I believe there are certain ways that one can optimize their fat loss programs. A calorie is certainly not a calorie, and by choosing certain carbohydrates and certain fats at the correct times during the day, the latter goal can possibly be realized.

The reason behind not combining significant amounts of fat and carbs in the same meal is rather complex, but it can be simply stated that high plasma levels of glucose lead to increased insulin, and this is not something you really want circulating in large quantities when plasma levels of fat are high also. This would likely result in more dietary fat being stored as bodyfat, as relatively more carbohydrate is going to be oxidized for fuel when available and when insulin is present.
    Unstoppable Confidence