double__j has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) double__j has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) double__j has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) double__j has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) double__j has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) double__j has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) double__j has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) double__j has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) double__j has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) double__j has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) double__j has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Rack pulls question

So i incorporated rack pulls into my back routine yesterday and for the second straight week and was surprised at how much more i was pulling than the previous week, 15kg more. But today when i woke up i found my lower back to be in some pain/soreness whenever i bend over at about 80 degrees or more. So does this mean i did them withincorrect form or pulled too much weight for me or is this result expected for the first couple of times doing rack pulls?

I was pulling from the upper knee cap btw and using a weight belt.

On a seperate note i was wondering what muscles in the back, particularyl the upper back rack pulls and deads work exactly, it never feels like the upper back is doing anything since the arms dont pull the bar towards you.

Cheers.

A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by double__j
    So i incorporated rack pulls into my back routine yesterday and for the second straight week and was surprised at how much more i was pulling than the previous week, 15kg more. But today when i woke up i found my lower back to be in some pain/soreness whenever i bend over at about 80 degrees or more. So does this mean i did them withincorrect form or pulled too much weight for me or is this result expected for the first couple of times doing rack pulls?

I was pulling from the upper knee cap btw and using a weight belt.

On a seperate note i was wondering what muscles in the back, particularyl the upper back rack pulls and deads work exactly, it never feels like the upper back is doing anything since the arms dont pull the bar towards you.

Cheers.
    Nice results, I `ve found alternating deads and rack pulls every week to be very effective !

Upper back is composed mainly by the traps !!!!
    5'11 @ 220lbs.
    Disclaimer: This is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape, or form encourage use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of
    legal substances in an illegal manner. The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice

double__j has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) double__j has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) double__j has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) double__j has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) double__j has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) double__j has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) double__j has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) double__j has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) double__j has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) double__j has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) double__j has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the encouragement but the point of this was to discover whether this lower back soreness is expected after doing heavy rack pulls for the first few times or whether its due to incorrect form?

Also i take your point about the traps, i always thought it was the lats! Stupid question but how are traps involved in a rack pull or deadlift, because you dont shrug your shoulders up so i cant see how theyre worked.

Thanks again

ad$ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ad$ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ad$ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ad$ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ad$ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ad$ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ad$ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ad$ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ad$ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ad$ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ad$ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks for the encouragement but the point of this was to discover whether this lower back soreness is expected after doing heavy rack pulls for the first few times or whether its due to incorrect form?

Also i take your point about the traps, i always thought it was the lats! Stupid question but how are traps involved in a rack pull or deadlift, because you dont shrug your shoulders up so i cant see how theyre worked.

Thanks again
    as long as it isnt a pain so to speak, and just soreness then it should just be DOMS (just make shur your form is spot on and your back isnt rounded) As for the trap question, even though your not shrugging the bar upwards they ares till working to stop the bar pulling you downwards if you know what i mean. Kind of like static contraction

A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thanks again

The lower back "muscle" soreness is expected !!!!

The traps "stabilize the bar bar" so to speak........
    5'11 @ 220lbs.
    Disclaimer: This is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape, or form encourage use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of
    legal substances in an illegal manner. The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice

Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    heres a video.....if u wanna check your form........

http://youtube.com/watch?v=70KEqnvntEQ&search=racks

Ok i now see what the traps do in the lift.

I thought my lift was in that form but i suppose you can never be sure when your actually doing the lift. i'll have to try much harder next time since its a bit of pain and a bit of soreness. I think it was the eccentric part of the lift that probably let me down.

Cheers for all the responses guys