bigdun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Best shoulder exercise

Hey guys! I'm looking for a new shoulder exercise to put in my split. I'm struggling with machine overhead press. I haven't seen the increases here the past 3 weeks and I need to cycle this one out.

What are some suggestions on the best shoulder exercise and at how many reps?

AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000) AMG is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Best shoulder exercise

Originally posted by bigdun
    Hey guys! I'm looking for a new shoulder exercise to put in my split. I'm struggling with machine overhead press. I haven't seen the increases here the past 3 weeks and I need to cycle this one out.

What are some suggestions on the best shoulder exercise and at how many reps?

Everybody is diff, but I get the best results from Barbell Press and
    Uprigh Rows. I keep the rep rang for these between 4-8.

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Military presses IMO. Be patient with them. You could also use dumbbells or a barbell.

Bignbuff

bigdun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by bignbuff
    [B]Military presses IMO. Be patient with them. You could also use dumbbells or a barbell.

Define patience. I've been on the overhead press 5-6 weeks with pretty slow increases. Also what rep range works for you with MP?

LakeMountD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LakeMountD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LakeMountD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LakeMountD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LakeMountD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LakeMountD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LakeMountD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LakeMountD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LakeMountD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LakeMountD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LakeMountD is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    if you havent seen a slight weight or rep increase in three weeks or longer take a week off of that muscle group.. trust me shoulders get plenty of work from doing chest anyways..

El Senor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) El Senor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) El Senor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) El Senor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) El Senor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) El Senor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) El Senor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) El Senor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) El Senor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) El Senor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) El Senor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Here is a Link that might just Interest you.

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

They have quite a list of exercises. I should DB Raises. I have seen increase. 5-6 weeks.....Man, its going to be awhile before you see some REALLY BIG results. I have been working about for 5 months and I have only gained about 20lbs of muscle. My workouts are really hardcore either, so i pretty happy.
    Hiegh: 5'11
    Wieght: 175

raventaz13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) raventaz13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) raventaz13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) raventaz13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) raventaz13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) raventaz13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) raventaz13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) raventaz13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) raventaz13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) raventaz13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) raventaz13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    do dumbell or barbell presses front and side lateral raises also upwright rows dont use machines to me i find them useless

ahnold8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahnold8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahnold8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahnold8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahnold8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahnold8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahnold8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahnold8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahnold8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahnold8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ahnold8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by raventaz13
    do dumbell or barbell presses front and side lateral raises also upwright rows dont use machines to me i find them useless
    exactly.

i love people who use machines as their mass builder and wonder why they arent getting huge
    done with stupid board

i hope everyone here (particularly those with 1000+ posts) rejoins the human race sometime

TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TripleTee has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    try shocking your muscles... do a tri set system or something similar. or simply for one work out session do the same exercises you do. only lower the wgts, lower the rest period and add the reps.

This should help change what the muscles have got acustomed to.

If you don't want to do such a thing ... military presses are simply the best.

I also like lateral raises.

you may also want to try "upside down" military press...
    do a hand stand and rest your legs on a mirror or wall. Lower your self down till your head bearly touches the floor and push up again.

It sounds silly but it is quite difficult and may be what you need.

RPB... Raging Pit Bull

squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by bigdun
    [B]
    Originally posted by bignbuff
    Military presses IMO. Be patient with them. You could also use dumbbells or a barbell.

Define patience. I've been on the overhead press 5-6 weeks with pretty slow increases. Also what rep range works for you with MP?
    what are your increases? (addressed to others as well) I struggle to raise my shoulder presses weights and reps.
    atm i am 7,6,5 on 60 pound db press and haven't stepped up for about 8 weeks.

bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000)
    I agree with the barbell military presses and wide grip upright rows.

Rob Meyer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i love DB press
    1 warm up set
    3 sets increase weight 5-10lbs each set

i do shoulders about twice a week and have seen great gains with this exercise
    Last edited by Rob Meyer; 01-08-2003 at 10:22 AM.
    If it is to be it's up to me!!

squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    for width you've got to go for the lateral raises though.

Yodaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yodaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yodaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yodaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yodaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yodaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yodaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yodaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yodaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yodaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yodaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I like to do standing shoulder presses with barbells....they will work you like nothing else. You just have to have really strict form, if you don't do em right, they can mess you up.

BigBadT51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBadT51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBadT51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBadT51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBadT51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBadT51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBadT51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBadT51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBadT51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBadT51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigBadT51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by squatlover
    for width you've got to go for the lateral raises though.
    Definately, Bent over laterals are a must for v-taper effectiveness
    Today we'll become bigger, stronger, and better looking....
    -Coach Lowery
    ________
    ...and the cause for all this mess...Frank Stallone
    ________
    Odoyle Rules!
    ________

bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000) bluehazard is just really nice. (+1000)

Question Shoulder Width

How many of you would say that lateral raises are critical for shoulder width? I rarely do them. I focus mostly on rows and presses. I don't really hate isolation exercises, but I'm not the biggest fan of them. Wouldn't heavier compound exercises do much more for width then the isolation exercises?

What would you guys say?