Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    solidsnake22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how much protein in egg whites?

a regular egg w/ the yolk is 6g of protein so if i take out the yolk how many grams of protein would it be?

thanks!
    Height: 5'10
    Weight: 174 lbs

Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Freestyle72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    "I shoot I score, He shoots I score" - Dan Gable

"Doesn't it say in the bible...
    And on the fifth day God invented iron for man to lift. And lift it he did. And strong he did become. And good he found this to be. And God said unto He, go and lift and be strong and be good.

stop wishing and get lifting." - joekerr31

Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mango is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    3.5 grams, but keep in mind, egg whites are a fast digesting protein.
    "Every woman should have four pets in her life: a mink in her closet; a jaguar in
    her garage; a tiger in her bed; and a jackass who pays for everything." ~Paris Hilton~

The "diet" industry is the only business in the world that succeeds by failure.

ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Why wouldn't you eat the yolk!!

Originally Posted by ChingChang
    Why wouldn't you eat the yolk!!

I actually have 5 eggs. 2 egg whites and 3 regular w/ the yolk

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Actually there are 4G of protein in the egg white. Most of the eggs protien is in the white. While ALL of the other vitamins and nutrients and fats and cholesterol is in the yolk.

The fats and nutrients in the yolk are the good kind so you don't gotta worry about that.

As for the protein in the egg white its a medium speed digested protein.
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

the woo is on a distinguished road. (+10) the woo is on a distinguished road. (+10) the woo is on a distinguished road. (+10) the woo is on a distinguished road. (+10) the woo is on a distinguished road. (+10) the woo is on a distinguished road. (+10) the woo is on a distinguished road. (+10) the woo is on a distinguished road. (+10) the woo is on a distinguished road. (+10) the woo is on a distinguished road. (+10) the woo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    to many many yolks can be unhealthy iv heard high in cholesterol

Draconian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Draconian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Draconian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Draconian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Draconian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Draconian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Draconian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by solidsnake22
    a regular egg w/ the yolk is 6g of protein so if i take out the yolk how many grams of protein would it be?

thanks!

how much protein do you want to get? and how much fat?

the way I like to go by is.... one cup of egg whites~26g protein

so...in the morning, i'll usually do 1 1/2 cups egg whites, and a shake with one scoop, water + tbsp of flax

check this out: http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-B00001-01c201o.html

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by the woo
    to many many yolks can be unhealthy iv heard high in cholesterol
    If all your worried about is the cholesterol in the yolks then eat up my friend. The cholesterol in the yolks is HDL (high density) which actually helps aide in pushing along the LDL cholesterol out of the arteries. While the LDL (low density) just kinda sits there and builds up.
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

No. 1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No. 1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No. 1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No. 1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No. 1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No. 1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No. 1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No. 1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No. 1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No. 1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No. 1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    True but too many egg yolks can be hepatotoxic. Limit your yolks to 3 per day or take breaks.

Ex/
    12 yolks a day for one/two week 12 egg whites the next 1/2 weeks etc.

i really dont want to drink my egg whites. I just take 3 whole eggs and 2 whites and just scramble them in a frying pan and eat them w/ a fork

Lexy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lexy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    does anyone know if its unsafe to eat uncooked eggs?

md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Lexy
    does anyone know if its unsafe to eat uncooked eggs?
    Yes, you can get salmonella (sp?). You also don't utilize all of the protein if you eat uncooked eggs.

/\ he hit the nail on the head.

Your body doesn't have the digestive enzymes to digest the protein in raw eggs. You get the risk of contract sermonella (sp). Which infect 1 in 10K eggs. It don't taste very good...

What does it take... 3 minutes to cook 8 egg whites in the nuke machine?

PsychoThrower07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

A little confused..

I just bought two liquid containers of egg whites from the store. My uncle used to drink egg whites in his shakes when he lifted competitively, but I'm not sure if that's very safe. How should I prepare my egg whites so I can get the full protein value. Also, how many egg whites should I take in per day? Thanks!
    -Pat
    "Have the strength to accept that which you cannot change. Have the courage to change the things you can, and have the patience to know the difference."

md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000)
    Nuke it or cook it. Same as you would with whole eggs. Up to you how much you take. I eat 4 whole eggs a day, so I would think 4-6 egg whites would be ok.

elevator will become famous soon enough. (+50) elevator will become famous soon enough. (+50) elevator will become famous soon enough. (+50) elevator will become famous soon enough. (+50) elevator will become famous soon enough. (+50) elevator will become famous soon enough. (+50) elevator will become famous soon enough. (+50) elevator will become famous soon enough. (+50) elevator will become famous soon enough. (+50) elevator will become famous soon enough. (+50) elevator will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Draconian
    how much protein do you want to get? and how much fat?

the way I like to go by is.... one cup of egg whites~26g protein

so...in the morning, i'll usually do 1 1/2 cups egg whites, and a shake with one scoop, water + tbsp of flax

check this out: http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-B00001-01c201o.html
    That's the first website I ever used to check out nutritional content! Very good, unfortunately it's American, lots of stuff I look up isn't on there
    "I'll shove that bat up your ass and turn you into a popsicle" - Ajax, "The Warriors"

ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChingChang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by PsychoThrower07
    I just bought two liquid containers of egg whites from the store. My uncle used to drink egg whites in his shakes when he lifted competitively, but I'm not sure if that's very safe. How should I prepare my egg whites so I can get the full protein value. Also, how many egg whites should I take in per day? Thanks!
    -Pat
    you want the full protein value? Then you have to cook it

I personally don't like the taste of raw eggs anyway, love cooked eggs.

Registered User johnnyironboard's Avatar
    johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by solidsnake22

thanks!

How about trying to search. There are hundreds of egg white questions per week.

Draconian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Draconian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Draconian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Draconian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Draconian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Draconian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Draconian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by elevator
    That's the first website I ever used to check out nutritional content! Very good, unfortunately it's American, lots of stuff I look up isn't on there

yeah...that site is pretty helpfull!!

have you taken a look on google for a nutritional data site specific for your country?

elevator will become famous soon enough. (+50) elevator will become famous soon enough. (+50) elevator will become famous soon enough. (+50) elevator will become famous soon enough. (+50) elevator will become famous soon enough. (+50) elevator will become famous soon enough. (+50) elevator will become famous soon enough. (+50) elevator will become famous soon enough. (+50) elevator will become famous soon enough. (+50) elevator will become famous soon enough. (+50) elevator will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Draconian
    yeah...that site is pretty helpfull!!

have you taken a look on google for a nutritional data site specific for your country?
    I've tried, but I'm not very patient when it comes to searches! Maybe I should put a little effort into it and find one eh!
    "I'll shove that bat up your ass and turn you into a popsicle" - Ajax, "The Warriors"

brayj789 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brayj789 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brayj789 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brayj789 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brayj789 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brayj789 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brayj789 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brayj789 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brayj789 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brayj789 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brayj789 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Roughly 3.5 in the whites and the rest in the yolk. That's not the LARGE eggs, the normal sized ones are what I'm talking about.
    Height- 5'6
    Weight - 142 - B.F 10%

Dymatize Elite W.P
    Universal Storm EVF
    Flax Oil
    L-Glutamine

"The One who lives in sunshine all the time will also live in a desert."

"God became man, so that man could aspire to become [like] God." St. Athanasius

Proud Member of the Antiochian Orthodox Church, part of Christ's one,holy Apostolic church!

rollerderby79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink How much protein is in an egg?

Originally Posted by solidsnake22 View Post

thanks!
    There is no protein in the yolk. It is mostly fat and cholesterol. The egg white has all the protein! Its called high biological value protein (HBV). When you eat protein the liver converts it to albumin. However...the yolk tastes good. So whoever answered you by cutting the protein in half....is incorrect. Have a good day.
    Julie M., RD
    Registered Dietitian

Gizdawg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gizdawg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gizdawg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gizdawg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gizdawg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gizdawg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gizdawg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gizdawg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gizdawg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gizdawg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Gizdawg has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Strong 5 year bump.

LKirk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rollerderby79 View Post
    There is no protein in the yolk. It is mostly fat and cholesterol. The egg white has all the protein! Its called high biological value protein (HBV). When you eat protein the liver converts it to albumin. However...the yolk tastes good. So whoever answered you by cutting the protein in half....is incorrect. Have a good day.
    Julie M., RD
    Registered Dietitian
    Wrong, there are 3 grams of protein in an egg yolk and as another poster commented, eggs do not raise cholesterol, at least according to Dr. Oz and he's a heart surgeon. ;-)

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...products/113/2

danielbor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) danielbor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) danielbor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) danielbor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) danielbor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) danielbor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) danielbor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) danielbor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) danielbor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) danielbor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) danielbor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rollerderby79 View Post
    Julie M., RD
    Registered Dietitian
    you call yourself dietitian but you don't have a clue about nutrition. lol
    IIFYM - If you want it that much, just eat it FFS

11BGRUNT1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 11BGRUNT1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 11BGRUNT1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 11BGRUNT1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 11BGRUNT1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 11BGRUNT1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 11BGRUNT1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 11BGRUNT1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 11BGRUNT1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 11BGRUNT1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) 11BGRUNT1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking You'er all ****ing wrong some more than others.

The process of cooking eggs destroy the very goodness that our bodies so desperately need as the nature of proteins and fats is altered when exposed to heat. When cooked, the egg protein changes its chemical shape; it is often this process that can be the cause of allergies. Generally when eating raw eggs, any incidence of egg allergy will disappear.

Surprisingly, in spite of ‘bad press’ raw eggs, organic or at least from a known source of healthy free-range chickens, are an excellent health tonic. The regular consumption of raw eggs will do wonders for your overall health. Exceptionally easy to digest, raw eggs provide a wonderful boost to the immune system, and a completely balanced nutritional package. A good immune system is one of several things the body needs to overcome cancer.
    Many people’s diets are deficient in high quality proteins and fats, and eggs are one the very best sources of these. Raw eggs have many benefits, they contain essential nutrients for the brain, nerves, glands and hormones, they are nutritionally balanced, and we highly recommend the addition of raw eggs to your nutritional programme. The sulphur amino acids help to keep you young, raw eggs also contain an abundance of other vital substances including protein, essential fatty acids along with niacin, riboflavin, biotin, choline, vitamins A, D and E, magnesium, potassium, phosphorous, manganese, iron, iodine, copper, zinc and sulphur. Egg yolks are one of the few foods that contain vitamin D.

Poisoning from salmonella has been exaggerated in the past. A study by the U.S. Department of Agriculture in 2002 indicated that only 2.3 million, of the 69 billion eggs produced annually, are contaminated with salmonella. In other words 0.003% or 1 in every 30,000 eggs. The bulk of these come from battery chicken eggs and chickens kept in unhealthy conditions - only sick chickens lay salmonella contaminated eggs. If only healthy chicken eggs (organic and free range ideally) are consumed, then far less than one in 30,000 eggs are contaminated. Salmonella is a common micro-organism found almost everywhere, and is just as likely, or more likely, to proliferate on cooked food kept in the fridge. Infection is normally mild gastric symptoms, but in rare cases where the immune system is very low such in the elderly who have had much anti-biotic use, and the source is greatly contaminated, death can result. But such a person is highly lightly to contract one of many common micro-organisms and die from that. To give some perspective, in the highly unusual situation of contracting Salmonella, in a healthy person, an infection is nothing to worry about and is easily treated with high quality pro-biotics every half an hour until you feel better.

Method of Consuming Raw Eggs

From day one of starting raw eggs, your immune system becomes stronger and health will improve. We recommend Zell Oxygen as a key supplement for overall health enhancement. Three raw eggs a day (this will take the place of one meal), seems to be the preferred amount taken by people who regularly consume raw eggs. It is sensible to build up the amount of raw eggs consumed gradually. They are best taken by breaking them into a cup and swallowing whole. It can be helpful to cut through the yolk with a knife to make it easier to swallow, If you have a mental problem with swallowing raw eggs, (they are almost tasteless and easy to swallow) blend with a little goats or sheep’s milk or even avocado, but ideally raw eggs should not be blended as the molecular structure is damaged. Inspect the egg, if it has been cracked do not use it, once broken into the cup or blender smell it, if it smells off do not use it.

It is best to keep eggs un-refrigerated, but in a cool place, but it is not essential; in hot climates/conditions they should be refrigerated.

Raw Eggs and Cholesterol

There is no danger from the cholesterol build up since 2/3 of cholesterol in the body is produced by the liver. The amount of cholesterol consumed in the diet does not relate to the amount of cholesterol deposited. Many studies have shown that the cholesterol in eggs does not raise cholesterol level in the body. Furthermore, eggs contain Lecithin, a valuable nutrient that helps the body to process fats and cholesterol.

Eggs contain valuable fat needed to keep us healthy. On the other hand heated or processed fats are converted into Trans-fats - toxic chemicals that harden in the body, around every cell and clog the circulation. Margarine contains an abundance of Trans-fats and is not part of a healthy diet. Do not be afraid of that natural product that has been eaten with no adverse effects for thousands of years, butter. The initial report that cholesterol in foods leads to health problems was released to the press without scientific validation, and has since been proven by hundreds of scientists and studies around the world to be completely false. The only benefits from the initial press release were to the margarine and vegetable oil industries.

Raw Eggs and Biotin Deficiency

Nature created an egg to be a balanced live food – as long as you eat the biotin rich yolk along with the white, there is no risk of a biotin deficiency.

How about doing some real research rather than spewing ****ing nonsense...............

This is just typical uneducated people spreading more uneducated **** around.. It is funny how this is one of the number one site and they let **** like this go ramped.....

Keep on keeping on!!!!!!!!!! One day you will actually learn something rather than think because one person said something is factual it must be...

Progressive Overload Anthonyxavcx's Avatar
    Anthonyxavcx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anthonyxavcx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anthonyxavcx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anthonyxavcx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anthonyxavcx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anthonyxavcx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anthonyxavcx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anthonyxavcx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anthonyxavcx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anthonyxavcx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anthonyxavcx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    asking this question in this thread so i don't have to make a new one xD

Any idea as to how many egg whites went into this bad boy? Got it today at a diner, I'm clueless as to the macros. Prob around 4 ounces of turkey breast in it, 2-3 slices of American cheese and peppers/onions. I can figure that part out. Just no idea how many egg whites =x
    Boston - UMass - Sales brah

"It actually happens quite a bit where the guy who you think will do well, doesn't. But the guy no one expected, the one with the warrior spirit, emerges victorious. It is quite common." - Boris Sheiko

Training log - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142685011
    IG - @tonebonebigdog

RIP Jake Hoffman 1/21/13

Rebelling in my psychosis thegymbum's Avatar
    thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by LiL USMC BBer View Post
    If all your worried about is the cholesterol in the yolks then eat up my friend. The cholesterol in the yolks is HDL (high density) which actually helps aide in pushing along the LDL cholesterol out of the arteries. While the LDL (low density) just kinda sits there and builds up.
    Dietary cholesterol is not contained in HDL or LDL particles, those are the body's storage forms of cholesterol (a "HDL" or "LDL" molecule is actually many molecules of cholesterol bound up with a bunch of proteins). The cholesterol you eat is free form, and then after it enters your body, it gets packaged into LDL or HDL (or VLDL). Different sources of cholesterol don't actually contain these particles, but some sources have a stronger tendency to get packaged into LDL vs HDL.

jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by solidsnake22 View Post

thanks!
    For your average extra large egg you're looking at 7 grams or protein total, 5 of which come from the white.
    Pain Don't Hurt
    Patrick Swayze-Roadhouse