oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000) oregonpanthers is a name known to all. (+5000)

Waxy Maize Starch

Does anyone here use Waxy Maize Starch as their postworkout carbohydrate source? If so how much do you use and how do you feel it works for you? I have been reading into this new found product and I like what I here. Yet I have little real world feedback about it as of yet. Maybe you guys can help me on that part?
    UNBA Men's Physique Athlete
    ProLab & Blueprint for Athletes Rep
    Good Eats Local San Diego Rep
    TrainFightRecover.com Co-Founder
    abetterbitesd.blogspot.com/p/who-am-i.html

lc5315 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been using it for the past 2-3 weeks and have nothing but good things to say about it. I've experienced ZERO crashes at all taking them PWO. People recommend taking a little bcaas or whey with it so as to avoid slowing it down too much.

What i do is 1/2 serving of isolate, cee, 1 serving WMS. 30mins later, 1 1/2 serving of whey with complex carbs.

K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by lc5315
    I've been using it for the past 2-3 weeks and have nothing but good things to say about it. I've experienced ZERO crashes at all taking them PWO. People recommend taking a little bcaas or whey with it so as to avoid slowing it down too much.

What i do is 1/2 serving of isolate, cee, 1 serving WMS. 30mins later, 1 1/2 serving of whey with complex carbs.
    I do something similar. It doesn't taste like anything but it does have a chalky consistency. Very good for carbing up.
    A king may move a man, a father may claim a son. But remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus" or that "virtue was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice. Remember that.

Iron Like A Lion In Zion Obliquety's Avatar
    Obliquety has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    where do you guys get your waxy maize starch? i've tried vitargo cgl by nutrex and enjoyed it. i've also seen Professional Supplements Pure Vitargo. but that stuff costs an arm and a leg. is there any hope and retribution?

SDSU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what is the ideal amount of carbs i should be getting post workout with swedish waxy maize? I know that Nutrex is 60 g vitargo plus 10 g creatine, in two scoops, whereas Professional supplements is 72 g vitargo two scoops. I was thinking about going with professional supplements (10 g of creatine is too much since i take CEE pre-workout). I also like the thought of mixing my personal fav. creatine monohydrate, rather than Nutrex's version. I plan on using 1.5 scoops of Professional Supplements Vitargo, which would equal 59 g of vitargo. 59g seems like it would be plenty, plus I would add my creatine and BCAA's. 15-30 minutes later i would drink my ON Whey Protein shake, that should be enough time to allow the Vitargo mix to get into my blood stream. I should be able to save servings and save money by splitting servings to 1.5 scoops instead of 2. i can squeeze out 33 servings in a jug rather than 25 (following two scoops). this makes this product much more affordable. How many carbs post workout of swedish waxy maze is considered ideal?

Tp

Originally Posted by Obliquety
    where do you guys get your waxy maize starch? i've tried vitargo cgl by nutrex and enjoyed it. i've also seen Professional Supplements Pure Vitargo. but that stuff costs an arm and a leg. is there any hope and retribution?
    I get mine from TP..

Originally Posted by SDSU
    what is the ideal amount of carbs i should be getting post workout with swedish waxy maize? I know that Nutrex is 60 g vitargo plus 10 g creatine, in two scoops, whereas Professional supplements is 72 g vitargo two scoops. I was thinking about going with professional supplements (10 g of creatine is too much since i take CEE pre-workout). I also like the thought of mixing my personal fav. creatine monohydrate, rather than Nutrex's version. I plan on using 1.5 scoops of Professional Supplements Vitargo, which would equal 59 g of vitargo. 59g seems like it would be plenty, plus I would add my creatine and BCAA's. 15-30 minutes later i would drink my ON Whey Protein shake, that should be enough time to allow the Vitargo mix to get into my blood stream. I should be able to save servings and save money by splitting servings to 1.5 scoops instead of 2. i can squeeze out 33 servings in a jug rather than 25 (following two scoops). this makes this product much more affordable. How many carbs post workout of swedish waxy maze is considered ideal?
    SDSU, i'm not sure about you but i like to keep my meals/cals small and frequent.. even PWO. I eat JUST ENOUGH to replenish my energy/carb stores. I take 1 serving PWO only (38-40g carbs)... I don't really like going above 50-60g carbs PWO all at 1 go as i'll be getting another shot of carbs in half an hour.

Otherwise, you're good to go!

SDSU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by lc5315
    SDSU, i'm not sure about you but i like to keep my meals/cals small and frequent.. even PWO. I eat JUST ENOUGH to replenish my energy/carb stores. I take 1 serving PWO only (38-40g carbs)... I don't really like going above 50-60g carbs PWO all at 1 go as i'll be getting another shot of carbs in half an hour.

Otherwise, you're good to go!
    yeah i usually stay fairly low with carbs, but i see the serving size of 72 g, which seems way to excessive. i may just go 1 scoop and get 36 g of vitargo. In the past i used 20/20 comination of malto/dextrose.

traininalot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey i use maxx essentials waxy maize, i paid fifty bucks canadian for 4.4 lbs that will last me about a month and half.

steeladdict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    One I use is from optimum, it cost like 15 bucks for 4.4 container and it gets the job done. I mix 1-1 1/2 scoop depending on the intensity of my workout along with whey. I take BCAA intra workout. It works for me and no crashes.

Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bo DeLone is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I use Glycomaize from Optimum.

I use about 50g waxy maize during and 50g after full body workouts.

Waxy maize is great stuff and it digests so easily.

robofsteel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I use 1.5 scoops of Carbolyze from Species along with 2 scoops of Isolyze(also from Species) pre and post workout. This is pretty much what Dave Palumbo recommends on his bulking diet. Im 5'11" and 220 and that is what he put me on for pre and post. I mix the Choc Isolyze w the Banana Carbolyze and it tastes great!