Kerpal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is this enough food?

This is what I've eaten today (in no particular order):

1. 5 eggs. 3 scrambled, 2 sunny side up.
    2. 2 scoops ON whey protein power.
    3. 2 glasses skim milk.
    4. 1 12 oz ribeye steak.
    5. 2 bananas.
    6. 1 piece whole wheat bread.
    7. 2 tablespoons Smucker's nautral peanut butter.

According to FitDay.com, this is 2,558 calories, 112 gr of fat, 159 gr carbs, and 225 gr protein. I don't know how accurate that is though.

Is this enough food to put on any muscle? The reason I ask is that this is about what I eat in a typical day. I know I should be eating more but I just don't get that hungry. I'm doing the Rippetoe program, which is 3 days a week of compound lifts, and I train in Jiu Jitsu 5 days a week, which is very strenuous and probably burns a ton of calories.

I'm 20 years old, 6'0, 180 lbs.

These are my current weights:

Squat 210 lbs for 3 sets of 5
    Deadlift 300 lbs for 1 set of 5
    Dumbbell Bench Press 60 lbs in each hand for 3 sets of 5 (trying to do it with 65 now)
    Power Clean 135 lbs for 3 sets of 5
    Military Press 100 lbs for 3 sets of 5

I've been doing the Rippetoe program for a few months now and I feel great, all my weights have gone up a lot, and I've gotten much stronger, put on a lot of muscle and lost a lot of fat. When I wake up in the morning I can see my six pack if I'm lying on my back, during the day I can almost see it in the mirror if I flex.

Should I start eating more food? I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, but how can I eat more when I don't have a very large appetite?
    Last edited by Kerpal; 08-03-2006 at 10:24 PM.

recyfer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) recyfer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) recyfer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) recyfer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) recyfer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) recyfer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) recyfer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) recyfer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) recyfer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) recyfer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) recyfer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It looks liek you should be eating more but if you aren't making gains then DEFINATELY eat more. You should be drinking alot more milk since it's great for bulking and is calorie dense.

JTrain306 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JTrain306 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JTrain306 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JTrain306 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JTrain306 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JTrain306 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JTrain306 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JTrain306 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JTrain306 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JTrain306 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JTrain306 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    you know your genetics best, so it's really hard to say what "enough" is. That's something you need to determine for yourself... I have to eat 4,000 cals just to get from 143lbs to 144lbs.

159g of carbs doesn't seem like that much. Is this a workout day? Are you gaining weight? If so, stick with it for a bit and increase as needed, if not, up the carbs.
    cant wait 2 c ur big ugly ass

I've actually lost weight doing this, I've lost a lot of fat and gained muscle, I'm much stronger than I was when I started. When I started I could barely squat 95 lbs for 3 sets of 5. I weighed 195 about a month ago, I started doing Jiu Jitsu and eating only healthy food and I lost a lot of fat.

Originally Posted by recyfer
    It looks liek you should be eating more but if you aren't making gains then DEFINATELY eat more. You should be drinking alot more milk since it's great for bulking and is calorie dense.
    Do you mean gains in weight or gains in strength? I'm definitely getting stronger but I've lost a lot of weight recently. I don't really care if I weigh more though, as long as I'm getting stronger and not fatter I'm happy.