Little 1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Little 1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Little 1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Little 1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Little 1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Little 1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Little 1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can one become a successful bodybuilder without meat?

When i say successful - I obviously mean roidless and just nicely developed...

I understand that meat contains all kind of good crap in it...

But for many reasons from random people and just from seeing how dairy etc etc can do as good as far as protein - i was wondering what u think?

Egg Whites, Cottage Cheese, Milk etc etc etc etc are POWERFUL protein sources...

MAIN QUESTION:

(considering this person really wants to be a BB)
    If eating meat is a hassle/disgust etc etc (many other reasons), would it be a right path to just stay on other strong protein sources and would it hurt some gains if meat is never to be touched again?

by meat i mean Chicken, Pork, Beef, Turkey etc. lol if you didnt know...

consider this from a person who would want to become a professional natural bodybuilder...who trains right, right supplements, rests right, and is for real...

just question, really wondering

djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    nope! you need meat, full of good protein and calories to help you grow. i also cant see why you woluld not want it, its so dang good!

blakstang2004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blakstang2004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blakstang2004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blakstang2004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah, you could be successful at BBing without eating meat. Just rely on eggs, milk, cc, nuts, etc...

Oh, and protein powder :P

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Besides, you don't need THAT much protein anyway, only about 1g/pound anyway, which is easy to meet.

lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It wont be that hard, eggs , milk, whey , nuts, are all good sources, dont touch soy protein though, apparently it can raise estrogen ( testosterones counter hormone)
    ░█▓▒░█▓▒░█▓▒░█▓▒
    █▓▒░ Aussie Crew░▒█
    ▒▓█▒▓█▒▓█▒▓█▒▓█▒█

PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Its like asking "can vegetarians play sport? do vegetarians really exist?"

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/vm7.htm
    http://vegetarianbodybuilder.com/index2.html
    * ʍǝɹɔ ǝıssnɐ *

Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Little 1
    When i say successful - I obviously mean roidless and just nicely developed...

I understand that meat contains all kind of good crap in it...

But for many reasons from random people and just from seeing how dairy etc etc can do as good as far as protein - i was wondering what u think?

Egg Whites, Cottage Cheese, Milk etc etc etc etc are POWERFUL protein sources...

MAIN QUESTION:

(considering this person really wants to be a BB)
    If eating meat is a hassle/disgust etc etc (many other reasons), would it be a right path to just stay on other strong protein sources and would it hurt some gains if meat is never to be touched again?

by meat i mean Chicken, Pork, Beef, Turkey etc. lol if you didnt know...

consider this from a person who would want to become a professional natural bodybuilder...who trains right, right supplements, rests right, and is for real...

just question, really wondering

I have known several Vegans that are totally big and ripped and one lacto vegetarian that was competitive. If you can get in enough protein you will grow just like everyone else. If your genetics help then woohoo for that.

reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50) reflexions will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    "Bill Pearl didn't convince me to become a vegetarian, but he did convince me that a vegetarian could become a champion bodybuilder" --- Arnold Schwarzenegger.

I only have one meal a day that contains meat.
    RIP Steve Irwin :(

cmamath13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmamath13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmamath13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmamath13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmamath13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmamath13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmamath13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmamath13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmamath13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmamath13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cmamath13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Post vegetarian bodybuilders

I think Steve Brisbois and Andreas Cahling were vegetarians and great bodybuilders! Now these guys were exactly the top IFBB pros, but they were outstanding.

Steve was well know pro bodybuilder in early '90s. He was in the IFBB and from Canada. I think he got 11th place in the '92 Olympia (beating Lou Ferrigno and Ronnie Coleman too).

Andreas was an IFBB pro. He is well known for his posing suit company...
    You can find out more about him here: http://www.andreascahling.com/andreas-about
    Competitive Natural Bodybuilder
    OCB/ABA/PNBA

Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't.

-Erica Jong

grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000)
    well yeah... its gonna be more due to your overall work ethic, training and genetics more so than it is your source of protein, should probably get some high quality whey and casein to complement your diet.

as for soy protein, its still open for debate, and a little bit here and there isn't going to make or break you, but you definitely shouldn't make it your primary source, or getting shakes from it, as it *is* well documented to mimic weak estrogen...its not the protein itself but the isoflavones that come with it, now exactly how that plays a role is yet to be fully understood.
    Last edited by grapemaster; 08-04-2006 at 07:55 AM.

Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50) Michael More will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    [QUOTE=reflexions]"Bill Pearl didn't convince me to become a vegetarian, but he did convince me that a vegetarian could become a champion bodybuilder" --- Arnold Schwarzenegger.QUOTE]

Exact person I was going to allude to with the topic of this post. Go to www.billpearl.com he was 250 contest, a very large dude.

nc9892 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nc9892 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nc9892 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nc9892 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nc9892 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nc9892 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nc9892 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nc9892 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nc9892 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nc9892 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nc9892 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by djansen
    nope! you need meat, full of good protein and calories to help you grow. i also cant see why you woluld not want it, its so dang good!

This person is not educated on the subject; or they are straight up lying.

Many body builders, including myself, are vegeterians. The key is to get alot of protien without meat. Milk and dairy actually has more protien per gram than meat. Especially whey protien.

I've gained like 15 lbs muscle and not have about the same amount of body fat I started with. I gained a bit here and there, but never more than I could handle in a week or two of eating a bit less. The key is moderation, paying close attention to your body, and getting lots of non-meat protien.

I know a few other vegeterian body builders. It is not only entirely possible, because non-meat protien is much healthier on your colon, it is way better in the long run. If you don't know what I mean about the colon, read up on the differences between human digestive systems and those of carnivores like Lions.
    Visit my journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=889793&page=29

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=nc9892

NC- 1986-2106.

Stay in the best shape of your life.

kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kid.A has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by djansen

lol. your a damn fool
    http://www.loosechange911.com/
    Click the dark words that say "click here to watch loose change" directly above the picture of the rubble. A must watch video for anyone who cares enough to know the truth of 9-11.

Little 1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Little 1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Little 1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Little 1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Little 1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Little 1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Little 1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you so much dudes!

Very nice replies...i couldnt ask for more...

Have a nice day!

Matt2323 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matt2323 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Matt2323 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I am a veggy aswel, and im about to start a cycle,

Registered User johnnyironboard's Avatar
    johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    [QUOTE=Michael More]
    Originally Posted by reflexions
    "Bill Pearl didn't convince me to become a vegetarian, but he did convince me that a vegetarian could become a champion bodybuilder" --- Arnold Schwarzenegger.QUOTE]

Exact person I was going to allude to with the topic of this post. Go to www.billpearl.com he was 250 contest, a very large dude.
    Bill Pearl ate fish and eggs- so he doesn't count imo. He also abused steroids- not that it matters- but the guy that asked the original question did qualify it with "roidless".
    Last edited by johnnyironboard; 08-04-2006 at 01:31 PM.

Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Antiacus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The biggest natural bodybuilder i've ever seen is a vegetarian...

xxjames88xx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i see u guys talking about SOY PROTEIN being bad...
    so whats the difference between soy protein and whey protein?
    whey protein isnt bad, right?