billpecks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) billpecks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) billpecks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) billpecks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) billpecks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) billpecks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) billpecks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) billpecks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) billpecks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) billpecks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) billpecks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post push ups best chest exercize by far

i have a push over..... for doin push ups... and i do around 400 a day.... and i dont even do benchpress.. and i bench 320... and i weigh 178......tell me guys... push ups are the **** man... i tried doing benchpress in the past.. and my bench only went down..everyone tells me. hey.. do 4 warm up sets.. and then do 4 sets of 6.. of 70 or 80 percent of your max.. and do this 2 or 3 times a week and your becnh will go up.. will listen to this.. ill do 20 setos of 20... on my push over..(everytime you do a push up on this.. your doing around 70 percent of your weight... push ups is like god... my military press is at 165 max.. and i all i do is push ups.. and close grip push ups.... everyone here is stupid.. if they dont think push ups wont make your strong
    ~bill~

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you were benching 3 times a week, your max went down probably because you were over training. But if you don't bench, how do you know what your max bench is?

big has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

I'm not sure what you mean by "push-over." If, however, you were calling yourself a pushover for push ups (and I don't mean this in a bad way-i've thought the same way before) then continue reading...

Pushups are a great excercise for your chest and arms. But 400 a day sounds a bit like overtraining. I used to do 200-300 of them plus a full body workout every night, and never made any gains--so you tell me....
    But...if you truly absolutely love pushups and they are giving you great results and gains--by all means do them! Try doing different variations though--don't you know your muscles adapt!? Try doing elevated pushups or vertical pushups. Vertical pushups rule! Do a handstand and perform a pushup movement with your entire body perpindicular to the floor. If you can do this you are truely a master of your own body. Make sure you work other body parts though--you can't work your hamstrings with a push-up.
    Last edited by big; 01-12-2002 at 10:58 AM.

Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Cool Re: push ups best chest exercize by far

Originally posted by billpecks
    i have a push over..... for doin push ups... and i do around 400 a day.... and i dont even do benchpress.. and i bench 320... and i weigh 178......tell me guys... push ups are the **** man... i tried doing benchpress in the past.. and my bench only went down..everyone tells me. hey.. do 4 warm up sets.. and then do 4 sets of 6.. of 70 or 80 percent of your max.. and do this 2 or 3 times a week and your becnh will go up.. will listen to this.. ill do 20 setos of 20... on my push over..(everytime you do a push up on this.. your doing around 70 percent of your weight... push ups is like god... my military press is at 165 max.. and i all i do is push ups.. and close grip push ups.... everyone here is stupid.. if they dont think push ups wont make your strong
    Haha. i'm sure you were geneticaly gifted in bench press, and the reason why it went down was due to overtraining. You can't accomplish nearly as much doing pushups as you can benching.

dagunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dagunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dagunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dagunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dagunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dagunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dagunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dagunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dagunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dagunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dagunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Push ups are actually better then bench press(I know it's hard to believe). A recent study has shown that push-ups activates your pecs,triceps and even your shoulders more then a bench press. That's why a guy that can do a lot of push ups can bench more thn a guy who just benchs and can't to push-ups. I have been doing push ups for years now, without doing any bench and the first time I did a bench press(a week ago) I ws benching 265 with ease. I only weigh 165 and benched 265x10(it's amazing I know). This fact and the study prove that, the old saying bench is better than push ups is false and an old wives tale, good luck and take what I said into account if you really want to get big and ripped.

7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I appreciate the fact you obviously used the search function when most on here don't. But seeing how the last post was 9 years ago I doubt they are aware of your recent study. Which by the way if you are going to use it in your argument and it actually exists you should post a link. As well as a video of this 265x10 with ease.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dagunna View Post
    Push ups are actually better then bench press(I know it's hard to believe). A recent study has shown that push-ups activates your pecs,triceps and even your shoulders more then a bench press. That's why a guy that can do a lot of push ups can bench more thn a guy who just benchs and can't to push-ups. I have been doing push ups for years now, without doing any bench and the first time I did a bench press(a week ago) I ws benching 265 with ease. I only weigh 165 and benched 265x10(it's amazing I know). This fact and the study prove that, the old saying bench is better than push ups is false and an old wives tale, good luck and take what I said into account if you really want to get big and ripped.
    ^^^^idiot

dagunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dagunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dagunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dagunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dagunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dagunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dagunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dagunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dagunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dagunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dagunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Stop the hating and i didn't notcie it was 9 years old, I lost the link but the UofA conducted it and I have a video just check out my thread

7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You said that the first time you benched was last week and that video was uploaded over a year ago. Not to mention I found many many other videos of benching by the same userid. Didn't find one of you getting ten reps though. now on to the study. Having a little trouble finding that. Can you enlighten me to which university you mean by UofA?

trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Before I hit the gym, I decided to do push ups daily just to build up strength. I was a fat kid so I was just focused on losing weight. I wasn't even able to do 1 push up when I started. And eventually I could do sets of 30, and now I can do sets of 50 after my triceps have developed.

In my opinion, almost all body weight exercises causes he most stimulation. When you do a pushup or a pullup or a sit-up, you REALLY feel it in the muscle. When I hit the bench press I can feel the strain, but I feel like my stabilizer muscles are working more, and that my chest and triceps are only getting the majority of the fibers working, not all of them. On the other hand, the reason you do bench press, and the reason bench press is what works in the long run, is because you're not going to put a 300lb bag of sand on your back to do intense pushups. Bench press lets you hit it heavy and hard. So pushups are great for burnouts and for people starting out, but I look at them like dumbbell flies: great exercise that you can REALLY feel, but the results aren't going to be massive in the end as you'll plateau easily.

Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by billpecks View Post
    I agree with you !

Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

True

Originally Posted by 7Seconds View Post
    You said that the first time you benched was last week and that video was uploaded over a year ago. Not to mention I found many many other videos of benching by the same userid. Didn't find one of you getting ten reps though. now on to the study. Having a little trouble finding that. Can you enlighten me to which university you mean by UofA?
    That's true

Originally Posted by dagunna View Post
    I agree !

Originally Posted by billpecks View Post
    Follow my push up work outs if you want to excel in them . On my blog you can find everything you want about push ups. Every Monday I post 3 push up work outs ( beginner/intermediate/advanced), if you want to build muscles and do unless 100 push ups in a row follow me ! You should make 3 times a week a hard work out . http://thousands-of-pushups.blogspot...roduction.html