youngdiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngdiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngdiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngdiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngdiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngdiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Possible Hernia?

Yesterday I was squatting pretty heavy and after I was done I tried getting the weight back over my head using all my strength but I couldn't do it. This forced me to drop the weight to my right side and onto the ground.

A couple hours later I can feel a small lump (1/4 inch) near my upper right leg/groing area where the leg meets the hip. After I wasn't in any pain (I felt fine playing basketball later that day) and now this morning I still feel no pain at all. Just feels like a bruise if I push on it.

Anyway I talked with my Mom about it and she says it could possibly be a hernia and if it was she doesn't know why I'm not in any pain.

Does anyone know what this is?
    145 lb Rubber Guard Fanatic

peter_pan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    maybe it is just a plain lump

Anyway you should get it checked with the doctor ASAP to make sure it aint anything serious.

youngdiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngdiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngdiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngdiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngdiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngdiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My Dad doesn't really take me seriously so going to the doctors isn't an option atm. He figures since I'm in no pain I should be fine. I would just like some other people's opinions and see if it serious or not.

Fooball36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fooball36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fooball36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fooball36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fooball36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fooball36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fooball36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fooball36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fooball36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fooball36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fooball36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    http://www.healthscout.com/ency/68/305/main.html

Sounds like you may have a small one I would get it checked out asap by a docter hernias arent things to be fooled around with.

Fooball36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fooball36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fooball36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fooball36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fooball36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fooball36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fooball36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fooball36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fooball36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fooball36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fooball36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "Types Of Hernia

Although there are many types of hernias, the following are the most common:

Abdominal wall hernia: Also called an epigastric or ventral hernia; affects 1 person in 100 nationwide. Technically, this group also includes inguinal hernias and umbilical hernias.

Indirect inguinal hernia: This affects men only. A loop of intestine passes down the canal from where a testis descends early in childhood into the scrotum. If neglected, this type of hernia tends to increase progressively in size (a "sliding hernia") causing the scrotum to expand grossly.

Direct inguinal hernia: This affects both sexes. The intestinal loop forms a swelling in the inner part of the fold of the groin.

Femoral hernia: This affects both sexes, although most often women. An intestinal loop passes down the canal containing the major blood vessels to and from the leg, between the abdomen and the thigh, causing a bulge in the groin and another at the top of the inner thigh.

Umbilical hernia: This affects both sexes. An intestinal loop protrudes through a weakness in the abdominal wall at the navel (but remains beneath the skin).

Hiatal hernia: This affects both sexes. A loop of the stomach when particularly full protrudes upward through the small opening in the diaphragm through which the eso****us passes, thus leaving the abdominal cavity and entering the chest.

Incisional hernia: This is a hernia that occurs at the site of a surgical incision. This is due to strain on the healing tissues due to excessive muscular effort, lifting, coughing, or extreme pressure.

Causes and Risk Factors of Hernia
    Umbilical hernias can be present from birth, but most happen later due to pressure on openings or weaknesses in the abdominal cavity or wall. Hernias tend to run in families, and can be caused by such things as coughing, straining during elimination, lifting heavy objects, accumulation of fluid in the abdominal cavity, and obesity. Chronic lung disease can also cause a hernia.

Symptoms of Hernia
    Symptoms of hernias vary, depending on the cause and the structures involved. Most begin as small, hardly noticeable breakthroughs. At first, they may be soft lumps under the skin, a little larger than a marble; there usually is no pain. Gradually, the pressure of the internal contents against the weak wall increases, and the size of the lump increases.

Early on, the hernia may be reducible - the protruding structures can be pushed back gently into their normal places. If those structures, however, cannot be returned to their normal locations through manipulation, the hernia is said to be irreducible, or incarcerated."

Taken from the link above

if it matchs the discription i would get checked out

brayj789 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brayj789 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brayj789 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brayj789 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brayj789 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brayj789 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brayj789 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brayj789 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brayj789 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brayj789 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brayj789 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Get it checked man, my brother had one couple years back and if it doesn't start hurting(which it shouldterribly after a couple of days) then you should still get it checked, if you have to tell your dad your in pain to go to the hospital do it. Do not Lift until it's checked out either man, especially anything like dead's or squats. What your describing sounds like a sport's induced hernia.
    Height- 5'6
    Weight - 142 - B.F 10%

Dymatize Elite W.P
    Universal Storm EVF
    Flax Oil
    L-Glutamine

"The One who lives in sunshine all the time will also live in a desert."

"God became man, so that man could aspire to become [like] God." St. Athanasius

Proud Member of the Antiochian Orthodox Church, part of Christ's one,holy Apostolic church!

Its still hard to tell from the link above if I do in fact have a hernia. The Direct inguinal hernia sounds most like it. Is this caused by heavy strain/lifting heavy objects?

LuckShot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LuckShot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Give us pix
    "Friends dont let friends drink, and bring home ugly chicks"

Originally Posted by LuckShot
    Give us pix
    uhh no thanks lol its near my groin area and its not very noticeable.

Anyway I convinced my mom to schedule a doctor's appointment on Wednesday. Is this a good enough time?

Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000) Jacked_J is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by youngdiesel
    uhh no thanks lol its near my groin area and its not very noticeable.

Anyway I convinced my mom to schedule a doctor's appointment on Wednesday. Is this a good enough time?
    Sure it's enough time. I waited like 1 year, which isn't even that long compared to how low other people wait!

Yeah, I regret that.