ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How do you know you have worked out your muscle enough?

Do you guys work out until lets say your biceps hurt so much that you can't lift anything or what? How do you know you have worked out enough?

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No I just do however much is on my program. Do you use a program? Do you need one? Make sure you're only working them once a week if you've been training for a while, twice a week maximum if you're a newbie.

Bignbuff

ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10) ws6ta is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by bignbuff
    No I just do however much is on my program. Do you use a program? Do you need one? Make sure you're only working them once a week if you've been training for a while, twice a week maximum if you're a newbie.

Bignbuff
    I'm a newbie but I still only do them once. I do need a program. Only thing is i'm 180 lbs and 20% body fat so I need some things that are not extremely hard (for example I can not do dips......and at max I can do 3 chin ups)
    Rick

Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lunatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I can tell I've worked them enough when I feel they are fatigued, kinda hard to explain but they(muslce) are weaker and it feels weird.
    AcetylCoA gets reps

"God your dunce." - Swept

LSU Tigers/Washington Nationals

BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You don't need to do exercises like chins, dips, squats,deads etc.. to begin with. See them as something to aim for as you progress, stick with basic moves, but ones which are safer.

Maybe try something like this to begin with.

mon Legs legpress/leg extension/leg curl/calf raises
    tues Chest/shoulders bench press(everyone wants to)/incline dumbell press/dumbell shoulder press/side laterals
    weds off
    thurs Back wide grip pulldown/seated row/shrugs/hyper extensions
    fri Arms/abs tricep pushdowns/barbell curls/wrist curls/crunches
    take the weekend off for a well earned rest, maybe do a bit of cardio.

Do 3 sets of about 10 reps to start with on each exercise. As you progress and I'm sure you will, add in different exercises and see what works for you.
    http://www.hardcorebodybuilding.net/hb-db/phpBB2/index.php - only place I post now!

www.fortifiediron.com
    www.homefitness101.com

The original good guys....

bignbuff/sychokid/psupower/coneytt/LostProphet

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by BRIT_BEEF
    You don't need to do exercises like chins, dips, squats,deads etc.. to begin with. See them as something to aim for as you progress, stick with basic moves, but ones which are safer.

tues Chest/shoulders bench press(everyone wants to)/incline dumbell press/dumbell shoulder press/side laterals
    weds off

Do 3 sets of about 10 reps to start with on each exercise. As you progress and I'm sure you will, add in different exercises and see what works for you.
    I disagree, I think he should stick to the mass building movements to begin with in order to get some core strength. Some good excercises include

Squats
    Deadlifts(if you have a weak lower back, I suggest you start with hyperextensions)
    Dips
    Pullups
    Calf Raises
    Barbell Curls
    Skullcrushers
    Bench Press

Search for full body routines and find one that you think will suit you well, then post it and we'll give our opinion. Same thing goes if you wanna do a split.

Good luck.

Bignbuff

Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by ws6ta
    I'm a newbie but I still only do them once. I do need a program. Only thing is i'm 180 lbs and 20% body fat so I need some things that are not extremely hard (for example I can not do dips......and at max I can do 3 chin ups)
    Rick
    You need exercises you can do for your biceps right? This is what the post was about so i assume also since you need something other then chinups too its biceps. Some good exercises you can do are:

Standing:
    Barbell curls
    Hammer curls
    alternating curls

Seated:
    Incline curls
    preacher curls

If you need help pulling together a split, just post.
    The Beginner's Guide to Bodybuilding

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101841

Big F_n Jer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Big F_n Jer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Big F_n Jer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Big F_n Jer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Big F_n Jer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Big F_n Jer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Big F_n Jer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Big F_n Jer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Big F_n Jer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Big F_n Jer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Big F_n Jer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by BRIT_BEEF

weds off

WTF???????????
    I'm NOT a newbie

"Size does NOT mean knowledge in this sport".

6'-2" Ectomorph

SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000)
    IMO i think you should start off with a full body split and do it twice a week..focus your workouts around these exercises...

Bench Press
    Deadlifts
    Chins
    Dips
    Military Press
    Squats

Start of with light weights then when your comfortable withthe weight you can start adding...stick to the 5-8 rep range...
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle."