JimEFresSsHH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimEFresSsHH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimEFresSsHH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimEFresSsHH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimEFresSsHH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimEFresSsHH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimEFresSsHH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimEFresSsHH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimEFresSsHH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimEFresSsHH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimEFresSsHH has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Exclamation When Should I Do push ups and pull ups

I do push ups and pull ups.. I do them in the morning and night.. i alternate them everyday.. I have a 4 day lift and one day off.. so i always rest.. But, i also do sum push ups b4 liftin for a warm up.. is all this ok?
    FIGHT TIL YOU DROP!
    NEVER STOP!
    CAN'T GIVE UP!
    TIL YOU REACH THE TOP! (FIGHT!)
    YOU'RE THE BEST IN TOWN! (FIGHT!)
    A LITTLE BIT OF ALL YOU GOT
    CAN NEVER BRING YOU DOWN!

YOU'RE THE BEST AROUND!
    NOTHINGS GONNA EVER KEEP YOU DOWN!!

GDS10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What ???
    AIM - GDS10

"Do you know any good Forcep Exercises" - Tigerdagger15 (bb.com)

"wots wrong with pizza and biscuts, are they bad for cutting or someting?" - Tigerdagger15 (bb.com)

"2000 Calories, THATS INSANE" Tigerdagger15 (bb.com)

"Dude ur such a newb, how can u not bulk on 1200calories" Tigerdagger15 (bb.com)

Stats:

Triquads - 20"
    bitreps - 14
    Forceps - 13"
    Quadlats - 22"
    Abdomineps - 31"
    Peccalves - 25"

Favorite Excersices:

Bicep Extensions, Calf Curls, Sit Downs and Bent Over Bench Press

"I dont care if im fat, because im gonna work out and it will turn to muscle" - Some Fat Guy

I Hate the Follow people:

TigerDagger15, TUXEDO (txstudboy22)

I Like the following people. Sychokid (I love joo Jon :(), abdominator, bignbuff, Tallnthin, EvilGeorge

GDS10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Emmm i think u shud be warming up the body part(s) u r exercising

Didn't understand the rest of it
    AIM - GDS10

"Do you know any good Forcep Exercises" - Tigerdagger15 (bb.com)

"wots wrong with pizza and biscuts, are they bad for cutting or someting?" - Tigerdagger15 (bb.com)

"2000 Calories, THATS INSANE" Tigerdagger15 (bb.com)

"Dude ur such a newb, how can u not bulk on 1200calories" Tigerdagger15 (bb.com)

Stats:

Triquads - 20"
    bitreps - 14
    Forceps - 13"
    Quadlats - 22"
    Abdomineps - 31"
    Peccalves - 25"

Favorite Excersices:

Bicep Extensions, Calf Curls, Sit Downs and Bent Over Bench Press

"I dont care if im fat, because im gonna work out and it will turn to muscle" - Some Fat Guy

I Hate the Follow people:

TigerDagger15, TUXEDO (txstudboy22)

I Like the following people. Sychokid (I love joo Jon :(), abdominator, bignbuff, Tallnthin, EvilGeorge

hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think it would be smarter to use them at the end to further exhaust your muscles but it may work before too.
    Ben

lwb357 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: When Should I Do push ups and pull ups

Originally posted by JimEFresSsHH
    I do push ups and pull ups.. I do them in the morning and night.. i alternate them everyday.. I have a 4 day lift and one day off.. so i always rest.. But, i also do sum push ups b4 liftin for a warm up.. is all this ok?
    The first question is why?
    The biggest problem BB's face is the more is better syndrome.
    If you already work chest at the gym, then why do pushups.
    You grow when you rest and pushups done daily or every other day will further exhaust chest, shoulder and triceps and therefore prevent the recovery necessary to grow.
    If I misunderstood and you are saying this is your entire workout and you don't lift weights, you still won't grow working out that often.
    Last edited by lwb357; 01-07-2003 at 09:41 AM.

JimEFresSsHH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimEFresSsHH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimEFresSsHH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimEFresSsHH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimEFresSsHH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimEFresSsHH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimEFresSsHH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimEFresSsHH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimEFresSsHH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimEFresSsHH has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimEFresSsHH has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I lift weights so your saying doin push ups and pull ups even on the day i dont do chest and shoulders is gonna exhaust the muscle.
    I do this:

Day1: Chest n Biceps
    abs

Day2: Back n Triceps

Day3: Shoulders

Day4: Legs n Fore-Arms
    abs

So on chest day for my last work out, how about i do push ups only on that day?

when should i do pull ups and chin ups than?
    FIGHT TIL YOU DROP!
    NEVER STOP!
    CAN'T GIVE UP!

YOU'RE THE BEST AROUND!

BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BRIT_BEEF has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do the chins as part of your back workout, they're one of the best lat exercises. If you are doing alot of reps (more than 10) then try them with a weighted belt to increase resistance.

If you like the split you are using the only thing I would suggest is training 2 days on and then 1 day off (maybe moving abs to the off day) This will give you time to recover properly from training and you'll probably notice a strength increase fairly quickly.

1 chest/biceps
    2 back/triceps
    3 off (abs)
    4 shoulders
    5 legs
    6 off (abs)
    7 start cycle again with 1

If you are doing alot of pushups as a cardio workout I would suggest maybe changing to cycling/rowing machine. The pushups won't really help improve your physique as they may be holding back your chest/tricep development.
    http://www.hardcorebodybuilding.net/hb-db/phpBB2/index.php - only place I post now!

www.fortifiediron.com
    www.homefitness101.com

The original good guys....

bignbuff/sychokid/psupower/coneytt/LostProphet

I lift weights so your saying doin push ups and pull ups even on the day i dont do chest and shoulders is gonna exhaust the muscle.
    Definately overtraining.

So on chest day for my last work out, how about i do push ups only on that day?
    That would work, they are a great burnout.

Originally posted by BRIT_BEEF
    Do the chins as part of your back workout, they're one of the best lat exercises. If you are doing alot of reps (more than 10) then try them with a weighted belt to increase resistance.

If you are doing alot of pushups as a cardio workout I would suggest maybe changing to cycling/rowing machine. The pushups won't really help improve your physique as they may be holding back your chest/tricep development.
    Right on!

Talking

Nice!! Now i'm set! thanks for all ur help!!

Tomorrow starts my lift.. GETT JACKED!
    FIGHT TIL YOU DROP!
    NEVER STOP!
    CAN'T GIVE UP!

YOU'RE THE BEST AROUND!