Thoroughblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I Want To Get Huge

Whats a good workout that could help?

Ill be buliking starting on Monday Aug 7.
    thanks,

kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Do a mentzer modified hit routine. Lift , rest and grow.
    Do warmup sets and then one set to failure and go up in weight and or reps every workout and then comeback to me when you can no longer go up/

Do a total body upper workout on day one and then 2-5 days later depending on your genes, goals, current condition. Train legs

Preferablly monday and thursday routine if you can. Do a rep speed of at least 4 seconds up and 5-10 seconds down for now.

Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    To strictly, gain size. I would look into Chad Waterbury's Routines, The Waterbury Method, or the Anti-Bodybuilding Program. You could also look into HST, as many seem to have success with it, as that is what it is designed for.

Waterbury Method:
    http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=534922

Anti-Bodybuilding:
    http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459341

there are many HST threads around
    @thighsofsteel_chs

Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Device Sales

Charleston, SC

been reading alot on the 5X5 routines.
    Will i gain alot in the way of muscle on this routine?
    is it good to bulk while on this routine?

chiefhog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chiefhog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chiefhog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chiefhog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chiefhog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chiefhog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chiefhog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chiefhog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chiefhog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chiefhog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chiefhog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes you can gain quite a bit a muscle with "5x5." Muscles and brutal strength.

Rossi1427 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rossi1427 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rossi1427 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rossi1427 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rossi1427 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rossi1427 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rossi1427 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rossi1427 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rossi1427 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rossi1427 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rossi1427 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    hey man not only is eat your routine but its also:

1) getting sleep at least 8 hours a night
    2) your diet- eating 2500 to 3000 calories a day eAT LIKE AN ANIMAL
    3) drink water
    4) supplementation

good luck.

kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    id say no, only a few on here see results on 5x5. Id say 99 percent that do it quit, get injured and burnt out. he said bigger not stronger

Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fury22 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    99%? Thats an interesting number. Kind of like your 20-30 people a day asking you about HIT. I'm sure you used the same calculator for those two problems (i.e. that swirl of feces and dead cells that form what you call a brain).

Many, many people see results from 5x5. That's why strength coaches (the good ones) use it or programs like it. The people who quit are usually pussbags who have no work ethic and would rather spin around in a circle like a drunken circus clown doing curls and flyes and never progress. The 5x5 program allows for rapid strength gains in a systematic fashion, and also helps a lifter learn periodization, programming, and how their body responds to training stimuli. I've never said HIT was bad, but for MOST people it is not optimal in the least, especially for new lifters.
    @thighsofsteel_chs

Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Device Sales

Charleston, SC

taylorjonl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorjonl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorjonl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorjonl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorjonl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorjonl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorjonl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorjonl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorjonl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorjonl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taylorjonl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here is another good workout program for a beginner.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=712752

Kingfish, you will never change. 76% of statistics are pulled out of the posters a$$
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=712752

Thanks for the reps.
    Been reading alot of good things about the 5x5 in this forum, so.....
    5x5 it is., for now anyway
    TB

Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Jesus christ where do you people get your info.

HIT for a newb? WHAT?

2500-3000= eating like a madman HUH? (I cut at 2800 and im no where near "big")

The 5x5 is the closest people are to right for a begginer.

How to get big:

1: Eat everything constantly.

2: Lift heavy **** until its not heavy anymore, then go find something heavier to lift.

That should keep you covered for about 2 years.

Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Big_G1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I just read the anti-bodybuilding article

Westburry is a genius

Soap box squatting. Andrew.Cook's Avatar
    Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Ask Kingfish...

For his picture. You may want to see the hugeness that he has built on HIT. For that matter I would like to see it too. I've been asking to see a picture of this athletic masterpiece for many months (too many to count now) and he has yet to cough one up. Funny. If I were as big as Kingfish claims to be, I would post my picture up everywhere...

Soap box squatting. Andrew.Cook's Avatar
    Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Andrew.Cook is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by kingfish3
    id say no, only a few on here see results on 5x5. Id say 99 percent that do it quit, get injured and burnt out. he said bigger not stronger
    I SOOOOOO can't wait to neg you. I can feel it coming!

I am not really a new lifter, been doing this for about 2 years, just never had a really strict routine.
    I hit the gym about 4-5 times a week.
    I hit a plateau at about the 1 year mark & havent gained any weight since then.

My goal is...gain weight/muscle
    so....
    is the 5X5 a good routine based on my goal, experience
    I will be bulking while on this routine.
    AmI good to go?
    any more suggestions?.
    Thanks for the replies everyone, appreciate it.
    TB

romeyjdogg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) romeyjdogg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) romeyjdogg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) romeyjdogg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) romeyjdogg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) romeyjdogg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) romeyjdogg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) romeyjdogg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) romeyjdogg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) romeyjdogg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) romeyjdogg is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    first things first...don't ever listen to kingfish. I ran the 5x5 and moved my squat from around 200 to 275ish, bench from 170 to around 220, etc etc. I also gained the most size from that routine out of any other routine I have done thus far. The workload selection and periodization is rather amazing. If you hammer away at the exercises laid out for you, you won't have a problem getting bigger as long as you are eating enough. If you are getting stronger and not bigger, you simply aren't eating enough...end of story. Its a great program, good luck.
    JOURNAL
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=831870

Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you want to get big, get strong first.
    I've still got a lot to learn.

Registered User LatissimusDorsi's Avatar
    LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LatissimusDorsi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Strength program.

Khryz: "If you want to get big, get strong first."

LatissimusDorsi: "Strength program."

ok
    is 5x5 a good strength program, if not what is?
    I think I have some strength already

bench: 185-200lbs
    squat: 200-225lbs
    curl: 70-80lbs

is this ok?
    TB

getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) getbustered has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Thoroughblade
    Khryz: "If you want to get big, get strong first."

LatissimusDorsi: "Strength program."

ok
    I think I have some strength already

bench: 185-200lbs
    squat: 200-225lbs
    curl: 70-80lbs

is this ok?
    TB

I was originally going to recommend the "starting strength" program, but with your lifts and the fact that you've been lifting for 1-2 years I think the intermediate 5 x 5 program would be good for you. My lifts are similar to yours, and I like the program. You can check out the ECDY log in my signature that I am doing right now. I am on the 5 x 5 and updating it everyday. There is at least 1 other person there that is on it and he likes it, too.

Oh yeah, and when bulking I would go as high as 2500-3000 calories. Might get too huge and girls don't like that.
    *SCC*
    *Tourette Syndrome Crew*
    *tics increase TDEE so not even mad crew*

Location: On the Ho Chi Min Trail Sippin on a 40oz of Old English 800, Vietnam
    MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    <Paging Canadian Iron>
    Death is winning. Do something.- Sam Boyd

Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Thoroughblade
    Intermediate 5x5 is a great and highly recommended program for your goals.

http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1/

If you're serious about the program, spend some time gazing over Madcow's site, which is basically the holy grail of 5x5 right now since he explains and details everything about the program, as well as provides you with an Excel spreadsheet to help track your progress. Read everything BEFORE you begin! Then come back and ask any other questions that wasn't on his site.
    I've still got a lot to learn.

good site very informative.
    ok, 5x5 it is.
    ill stick with it for a few months and update the board on my progress, with b4 & after pics.
    thanks everyone for your input.
    TB