Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    tpt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpt is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Sol_krym
    Unfortunately, many idiots here will see the pics just posted(with the Liberian flag in one) and they'll think every single part of Africa is in a constant state of anarchy. These same idiots generally label all of Africa as just 'one big country'.
    Yes this is sad but true.

tpt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tpt is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Traveller's Cheques are a safe way of carrying money around. You can exchange them at all banks (you will find one even in the roughtest places) and you will get a refund if they are stolen. The disadvantage is that you can not pay with them and you will need charge when exchanging them into Rand. Rather use ATMs if you can.

atms are available throughout the country. It is best to use only teller machines that are inside a mall or other building.

subzero789 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i'm getting very mixed results here. i guess i need to do more research on the subject.

Originally Posted by subzero789
    i'm getting very mixed results here. i guess i need to do more research on the subject.
    There are no mixed results because people were posting pics of totally different African countries that are now at war. Alot ppl (90% of Americans) think that Africa is all the same. They actually posted pics of Liberia a country thats all the way in west africa and they think thats south africa. SMH.
    Last edited by tpt; 07-30-2006 at 11:55 PM.

fanatiX87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fanatiX87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fanatiX87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fanatiX87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fanatiX87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fanatiX87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fanatiX87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fanatiX87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fanatiX87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fanatiX87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fanatiX87 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i guess those liberians like to kill each other because probably they have too much time on their hands and also i think they are influenced by today's hip-hop music of n****** killing each other, 'blast the fo-fo'!!

Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    90% of posts in this thread are pure ignorance and stupidity. There's no ****ing civil war in South Africa. Tell your girlfriend to NEVER walk around at night alone. Generally, it's a pretty safe place to be, provided she doesn't go to Jo'burg. That place has ridiculous amounts of crime. Tell your gf to NEVER, EVER(!!!!!!) say kaffir. You can't even say it as a joke, you may very well end up shot. She's in far more danger from the lions in general.
    Friendship b/w women:
    A woman doesn't come home one night. The next day she tells her husband she slept over at a girlfriend's place. Her husband calls 10 of her best friends. None know anything about it.

Friendship b/w men:
    A man doesn't come home one night. The next day he tells his wife he slept over at a friend's place. His wife calls 10 of the husband's best friends. 8 of them confirm he slept over, the other 2 claim he's still there.

timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    what is kaffir.

Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dom_88 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Afrikaans for n_igger. The worst thing you could possibly say in South Africa.
    Friendship b/w women:
    A woman doesn't come home one night. The next day she tells her husband she slept over at a girlfriend's place. Her husband calls 10 of her best friends. None know anything about it.

Friendship b/w men:
    A man doesn't come home one night. The next day he tells his wife he slept over at a friend's place. His wife calls 10 of the husband's best friends. 8 of them confirm he slept over, the other 2 claim he's still there.

exbunobooga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exbunobooga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exbunobooga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exbunobooga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exbunobooga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exbunobooga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exbunobooga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exbunobooga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exbunobooga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exbunobooga has a spectacular aura about. (+250) exbunobooga has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I wouldnt go. I work with a coloured woman (she is half black, half white and tells me she is coloured and that is what people of mixed race are called there PC police) who tells me that several of her friends were raped, you cannot stop at a stop sign because you WILL get robbed. Very high crime rate and life is meaningless to them.

I would not go and 2 stupid western girls will get in a whole lot of **** easily

bbstang347 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbstang347 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbstang347 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbstang347 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbstang347 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbstang347 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbstang347 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbstang347 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbstang347 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbstang347 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbstang347 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I lived in South Africa for 14 years (born there and moved to texas 6 years ago)...Its pretty safe as long as you don't go out by yourself or go ANYWHERE at night by yourself...If you need anymore info just pm me.

haha i didn't realize why people were getting pissed off with me when i said just now...they thought i meant in a minute or something idk...."just now" means that i'll probably get it done by the end of the day

There are alot worse things you can say other than kaffir....either way those words should not be repeated....I'm not a big fan of Afrikaaners..remind me of rednecks up here in the US
    Yoga = badass

Buff Matt is a name known to all. (+5000) Buff Matt is a name known to all. (+5000) Buff Matt is a name known to all. (+5000) Buff Matt is a name known to all. (+5000) Buff Matt is a name known to all. (+5000) Buff Matt is a name known to all. (+5000) Buff Matt is a name known to all. (+5000) Buff Matt is a name known to all. (+5000) Buff Matt is a name known to all. (+5000) Buff Matt is a name known to all. (+5000) Buff Matt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Leper Messiah
    Wow Strong Advice.

Boody ignorant people dont even know if South Africa is in conflict?

I've said it before, many Americans i haev dealt with know very little about other cultures and nations. When i lived in texas i was asked if i lived in a tee-pee because i was Australian.
    That is such bull****. It probably wasn't even a true Texan since most people who live here are transplants from other states or immigrants. A true Texan (like me) would ask if you had any authentic Australian beer on you, and not even realize that Australians once lived in teepees now or at any other time in history.
    Stem plus finance alum crew
    ADHD diagnosed social club, let’s get weird
    Gmo fan
    Entj cuz apparently we tinder now

Compounds 3x a week feeders offnights b4 bed with IF schedule coming sooonnn will link log on inception. Dis gun b good

Guy Fawkes is just really nice. (+1000) Guy Fawkes is just really nice. (+1000) Guy Fawkes is just really nice. (+1000) Guy Fawkes is just really nice. (+1000) Guy Fawkes is just really nice. (+1000) Guy Fawkes is just really nice. (+1000) Guy Fawkes is just really nice. (+1000) Guy Fawkes is just really nice. (+1000) Guy Fawkes is just really nice. (+1000) Guy Fawkes is just really nice. (+1000) Guy Fawkes is just really nice. (+1000)
    Its perfectly safe unless you are an idiot.

If you are an idiot in LA, you could end up dead. Same in London. Same in SA.

Its not like she's going to Congo, El Salvador, Colombia or Iraq or South East London.

Don't worry, she'll be just fine, especially on an organised setup like this.
    170 lbs @ 10%, 185 lbs by summer 2011

\V/

bbstang347 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbstang347 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbstang347 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbstang347 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbstang347 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbstang347 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbstang347 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbstang347 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbstang347 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbstang347 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bbstang347 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have had people ask me why i am not black, lived in a mud hut, been chased by lions or they'll say "My soccer coach was from south Africa"...me: "do you know there name"...other person:"umm it was like David or something. Do you know him?...I'm sure you must since you are white, there can't be that many white people down there" Me: "WTF?" and i walk away
    Yoga = badass

Flat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Kameldude
    Its perfectly safe unless you are an idiot.

If you are an idiot in LA, you could end up dead. Same in London. Same in SA.

Its not like she's going to Congo, El Salvador, Colombia or Iraq or South East London.

Don't worry, she'll be just fine, especially on an organised setup like this.

This man speaks the truth.

I walk for a total of 1h30mins everyday to get to and from work, I'm saving up to buy a car in cash. This is in Johannesburg and I have yet to see a single mugging or any other crime for that matter.

On a side note I worked in a game park for over a month and there were these two white american girls there doing some research work there. Apparently the one girl had a boyfriend back home but was shacking up with a game ranger while she was there. Just a little food for thought about the dangers of SA.
    Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?
    - Douglas Adams

whywontgodhealamputees.com

louisdorkman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) louisdorkman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) louisdorkman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) louisdorkman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) louisdorkman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) louisdorkman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) louisdorkman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) louisdorkman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) louisdorkman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) louisdorkman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) louisdorkman is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    look at all these monkies tied to hyenas..you tell me if the streets of africa is safe or not....i would say no.
    Attached Images

The King of the World ChingChang_Chow's Avatar
    ChingChang_Chow is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChingChang_Chow is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChingChang_Chow is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChingChang_Chow is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChingChang_Chow is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChingChang_Chow is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChingChang_Chow is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChingChang_Chow is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChingChang_Chow is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChingChang_Chow is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ChingChang_Chow is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This thread is worthless without pics of your girlfriend.

Pics of sister too, if possible.

Thanks
    Last edited by ChingChang_Chow; 07-31-2006 at 01:27 AM.
    The worst thing I can be is the same as everyone else. I hate that - Arnold Schwarzenegger

I am NOT ASIAN
    I am NOT ASIAN
    I am NOT ASIAN
    I am NOT ASIAN
    I am NOT ASIAN

Thanks....

Originally Posted by exbunobooga
    I wouldnt go. I work with a coloured woman (she is half black, half white and tells me she is coloured and that is what people of mixed race are called there PC police) who tells me that several of her friends were raped, you cannot stop at a stop sign because you WILL get robbed. Very high crime rate and life is meaningless to them.

I would not go and 2 stupid western girls will get in a whole lot of **** easily
    I wouldn't listen to coloureds, especially those who've left the country if I was you. They're all just bitter because nobody in South Africa likes the majority of them. Black people don't like them because they have a superiority complex and are known for being sellouts(i.e. most sellouts are coloured) and Afrikaaners don't like them because they're mixed race.
    Friendship b/w women:

Friendship b/w men:

timevalue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timevalue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timevalue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Dom_88
    I wouldn't listen to coloureds, especially those who've left the country if I was you. They're all just bitter because nobody in South Africa likes the majority of them. Black people don't like them because they have a superiority complex and are known for being sellouts(i.e. most sellouts are coloured) and Afrikaaners don't like them because they're mixed race.
    What race are you?

Notice that the replyers who have been to or lived in South Africa are saying its safe. While the others are posting pics of Liberia and thinking Africa is one Big country.

Ballin outa commission :( BballBuilder's Avatar
    BballBuilder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BballBuilder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BballBuilder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BballBuilder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BballBuilder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BballBuilder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BballBuilder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BballBuilder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BballBuilder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BballBuilder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BballBuilder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by subzero789
    It's her dream to work with animals. She has chosen a program which is a one month trip to south africa volunteering with lions . She takes a huge flight to africa gets off the plane, takes a 2 hour bus ride to the animal place then works for a month and goes to town with giudes. She will be going either alone or with my sister. they are both 22 year old white girls, is this safe or what?

and just to answer your questions now,no they are not getting paid it's volunteer work. They are the ones paying $5000 each. (not that i care about the money)

so is this safe?
    One of my close friends (hopefully soon girlfriend) just got back from south africa and worked on an animal reserve for 2 months. It's not the safest thing in the world but she came back in one piece. They were doing firebreaks, lookouts for poachers and such.

As a beautiful white female, she was extremely aware that she was looked at like a delicacy. She never travelled alone in the cities. You obviously have to take precautions but it can be an amazing experience, I would support her through it if I were you!
    Last edited by BballBuilder; 07-31-2006 at 10:26 AM.

d@vid is on a distinguished road. (+10) d@vid is on a distinguished road. (+10) d@vid is on a distinguished road. (+10) d@vid is on a distinguished road. (+10) d@vid is on a distinguished road. (+10) d@vid is on a distinguished road. (+10) d@vid is on a distinguished road. (+10) d@vid is on a distinguished road. (+10) d@vid is on a distinguished road. (+10) d@vid is on a distinguished road. (+10) d@vid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Depends where in South Africa she is going, (the Kruger or maybe some
    private game farm)?

Is on Chicken steroids Assassinator's Avatar
    Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000)
    South Africa is a reasonably safe place, just be careful where you go around, and when, Johannesburg is a lot more dangerous than most cities. I lived in Pretoria, the capital for 14 and a half years, in the 15 years my family lived there, nothing really happened to us, but how many stories did we hear of friends and relatives that were the victims of violence, South Africa has the highest rate of hi-jacking and rape in the world.

On the positive side, you wont find a country more beautiful than South Africa, it is highly developed in most places, but is still regarded a majority 3rd world country, going to South Africa from the US will give anyone an experiece, seeing wild life and experiencing culture that is one of a kind, i know that i still miss all of the school tours we had to certain places, South Africa still has a place down deep in my heart, and some day, sometime when i have enough money i will return there to see all the things i didnt get to see in the 14 years that i lived there.

Guy Fawkes is just really nice. (+1000) Guy Fawkes is just really nice. (+1000) Guy Fawkes is just really nice. (+1000) Guy Fawkes is just really nice. (+1000) Guy Fawkes is just really nice. (+1000) Guy Fawkes is just really nice. (+1000) Guy Fawkes is just really nice. (+1000) Guy Fawkes is just really nice. (+1000) Guy Fawkes is just really nice. (+1000) Guy Fawkes is just really nice. (+1000) Guy Fawkes is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by tpt
    Notice that the replyers who have been to or lived in South Africa are saying its safe. While the others are posting pics of Liberia and thinking Africa is one Big country.
    So right. Its like saying that going to Colorado is dangerous and then posting pictures like the below.

170 lbs @ 10%, 185 lbs by summer 2011

\V/

Taffin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Taffin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Taffin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Taffin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Taffin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Taffin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Taffin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Taffin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Taffin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Taffin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Taffin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I wouldn't let my girlfriend go.
    "Cruelty has a human heart, every man does play his part." -Iron Maiden, "Paschendale"

WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE.

"but why make a topic to see other people get mad? answer that question. is this your life that you stay on the computer for hours and make a topic to see other people get mad. then if you do then u have no life. move out of your parents hose and read a book called noob"

Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Taffin
    I wouldn't let my girlfriend go.
    me either, I am with you man. Americans aren't really the most loved people right now and you wouldn't catch my ass going on a voyage through south africa.

That's just not for me though. I just don't understand why people have such a hard on to go all over the world. There are so many great places in America I haven't been yet, everyone wants to be f*cking jacques cousteau these days though. It's like all these americans who go to sri lanka, and the middle east. They bitch and moan when these places fall apart/get bombed/disasters, etc. And I wonder who's bright idea was it to go over there???? I mean you see these people saying "we are american citizens, American please help us!!!!" I mean come on I just WTF are you doing there genius.

anyway, no my girlfriend would not be allowed to do that.

hows that colits doing man??? My good friend has been having a hell of time with his ulcerative colitis recently. Although that remicade treatment seems to help. How long have you had it?

ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Why the hell is she going to S.Africa when she can help out the homeless people and stray animals here in America? Is she a hippie or something?

P.S. Isn't S. Africa the part where the white people live?
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

bruno is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bruno is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bruno is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bruno is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bruno is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bruno is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bruno is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bruno is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bruno is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bruno is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bruno is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My brothers friend went to South Africa for school by himself and nothing happenend to him. He loved it there. He said it was mostly white people there, not actual africans. A very large tourist area
    Extreme Dips Crew

Lifetime reps: FeralBeast

Originally Posted by timevalue
    What race are you?
    Teh african.
    Friendship b/w women:

Friendship b/w men:

timevalue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timevalue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timevalue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Dom_88
    Teh african.
    black african?

Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thy_Kingdom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    "I wouldn't let my gf go!''

Wow...some people..