j0rd4n has a spectacular aura about. (+250) j0rd4n has a spectacular aura about. (+250) j0rd4n has a spectacular aura about. (+250) j0rd4n has a spectacular aura about. (+250) j0rd4n has a spectacular aura about. (+250) j0rd4n has a spectacular aura about. (+250) j0rd4n has a spectacular aura about. (+250) j0rd4n has a spectacular aura about. (+250) j0rd4n has a spectacular aura about. (+250) j0rd4n has a spectacular aura about. (+250) j0rd4n has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Breathing while deadlifting..

I've searched the forum but couldn't find an answer. Whats the proper way in terms of breathing while deadlifting? Do you inhale as you drop the weight and exhale on your way up?

kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kieltyka34 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i usually inhale, then lift the weight and exhale at the top. lower the weight back down. then inhale and exhale and start over again.
    UniqueNutrition Representative
    www.uniquenutrition.net
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/uniq/uniq.htm

Disclaimer: The above statement is my own opinion and does not reflect the official position of Unique Nutrition.
    -----------------------------------------
    When I get under the bar, I don't worry about dropping the weight...because it's not going to happen

Oh_Riginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oh_Riginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oh_Riginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oh_Riginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oh_Riginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oh_Riginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oh_Riginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oh_Riginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oh_Riginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oh_Riginal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oh_Riginal will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by j0rd4n
    I've searched the forum but couldn't find an answer. Whats the proper way in terms of breathing while deadlifting? Do you inhale as you drop the weight and exhale on your way up?
    Personally, I don't pay too much attention to my breathing on deads, but but my general rule of thumb (for just about everything else) is to exhale when exerting force and inhale when you're not.

legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10) legends159 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    When deadlifting heavy, make sure you take a second or two after you finish a rep to take your hands off the bar and the breath for a few seconds and then put your hands back on the bar and do another rep. You want the bar to be dead weight.

As a rule of thumb, ALWAYS breath in on the negative and breath out when you're exerting force. Dont forget to breath though...especially deadlifts which raise your heartrate significantly.
    TYIA

A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sice I only do singles I dont breathe at all ,I inhale before I start the lift and exhale only when the bar hits the floor !
    5'11 @ 220lbs.
    Disclaimer: This is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape, or form encourage use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of
    legal substances in an illegal manner. The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice

Lateral Raise Promoter RippedGuitarist's Avatar
    RippedGuitarist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RippedGuitarist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RippedGuitarist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RippedGuitarist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RippedGuitarist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RippedGuitarist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RippedGuitarist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RippedGuitarist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RippedGuitarist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RippedGuitarist has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RippedGuitarist has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I prefer to breath between reps to support my spine throughout the movement, I seem to be a bit stronger this way. If I did higher reps than 4-6 I'd probably exhale at the top.

farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) farmerlee has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I always inhale and hold that breath till i'm standing fully erect, then i'll exhale about half of my air and lower the bar. Pause and relax for a moment, reset myself and repeat.
    "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory."

Isaiah 6:3