protectereli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Will i be able to make any gains with the equpment i currently possess?

I have recently started weight lifting after a rather large weight loss, i lived unhealthy for a good proportion of my life and i slimmed down from around 215 to 150, and now i am interested in gaining some muscle mass, the cheapest chip membership i could find near me is 250 to sign up, needless to say that is a little out of reach for someone who struggles enough financially as is.

I currently own dumbells, 50 pounds, 35, 20, 15 and 10, pairs of all of them, a barbell that can hold up to 120 pounds, a flat bench with the leg attachment at the bottom (bench can also decline and incline) a pull up bar, and exercise ball.

Would i be able to increase muscle mass at all with what i currently own? Or will i need much more substansial weight?

If you could recommend anything i could invest in that would also be great, thanks!

RickHa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    first pullups, dips, pushups and body weight rows only need your body and something too hold on to or grab. their great starting points too lifting and strength. Dips and pullups should always be apart of your routine at any level but you will need to add weight with a belt at some point. The dumbbells will take you far but the barbell is really low, you will outgrow it very fast. If you only bought 2 things it would be a barbell and a dip belt. the barbell you will need too start out with 2 45 lb plates, 2 25 lb plates, 2 10 lb plates, 2 5 lb plates and 2 2.5 lb plates. then when you can lift more than that all you ever need to buy is 45 lb plates. you can create any weight with that set. Also I would recommend getting a dumbbell set that you can add or take weight away from, this gives you any weight increment for dumbbells.

protectereli has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RickHa View Post
    first pullups, dips, pushups and body weight rows only need your body and something too hold on to or grab. their great starting points too lifting and strength. Dips and pullups should always be apart of your routine at any level but you will need to add weight with a belt at some point. The dumbbells will take you far but the barbell is really low, you will outgrow it very fast. If you only bought 2 things it would be a barbell and a dip belt. the barbell you will need too start out with 2 45 lb plates, 2 25 lb plates, 2 10 lb plates, 2 5 lb plates and 2 2.5 lb plates. then when you can lift more than that all you ever need to buy is 45 lb plates. you can create any weight with that set. Also I would recommend getting a dumbbell set that you can add or take weight away from, this gives you any weight increment for dumbbells.
    Great answer, the thing is my bench press table is tiny, i bought an olympic barbell before but it was way to big to fit on my tiny bench press table, so in order to get a bigger barbell id need to get a bigger bench press table as well.

RickHa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    not to start with, you could use the small barbell for bench work and the Olympic for rows, military, dead lifts and non bench related stuff.