coneytt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question A Good Workout & Diet Needed (newbie)

ABOUT ME.

HIEGHT: 6'0
    WEIGHT:205
    BODY FAT:18%
    LEGS 27IN
    BICEP:17IN
    CHEST:47IN
    STOMACH:34IN
    CALF:17IN
    STRENGTHS: UPPER BACK
    WEAKNESS: SHOULDERS AND CHEST
    FROM GENETICS, I HAVE A WIDE FRAME, SMALL NECK, LARGE AZZ;

I HAVE LIFT OFF AN ON FOR THE LAST YEAR, BUT NOTHING SERIOUS. I WANT TO BULK AND CUTT. I AM A FAIRLY LARGE GUY, SO I REALLY DON'T WANT TO DO A BULKING FAZE, BUT IF SOME ONE CAN GIVE ME SUGGESTIONS TO GET A GREAT BODY I WILL DO ALMOST ANY THING. IF YOU NEED ANY OTHER INFO LET ME KNOW..
    SYCHOKID, BRIT_BEEF, BIGNBUFF ARE MY BEST FRIENDS :)

"SHUT THE HELL UP AND SQUAT"

A Proud Member of:
    www.Hardcorebodybuildingontheweb.com
    www.musclemag.com

Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I suggest you bulk, unless you are really fat and can't stand to look at your self in the mirror . Basically during bulking, you must have a calorie surplus. Eat at least 19 times your bodyweight in calories and 1.3 times your bodyweight in portein. This can be done in 5 or more meals over the course of the day.
    As a note, cardio should be limited to only one session pr possibly none.

Training
    You can do basically any kind of training program as long as your worrkouts are kept under an hour and you are only training bigger muscles once a week. If you need help making one, tell us your time schedule, and what you prefer (full body, 3 day, 4 day, 5day)
    The Beginner's Guide to Bodybuilding

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101841

I WOULD PREFER A 4 DAY WORKOUT. MY WORK SCHEDULE IS KINDA CRAZY, I WORK 6 ON 4 DAYS OFF. 2 IN THE MOURNING, 2 IN THE EVENING, AND 2 MIDNINGHT, ALL ARE EIGHT HOURS. MOST OF THE TIME MY WORK OUT WOULD BE IN THE EVENINGS.. I HAVE THE TIME, AND A HUGE GYM AT HERE AT HOME WITH ANYTHING YOU CAN NAME, EXCEPT A GOOD SQUAT SMITH MACHINE, I JUST HAVE A BAR AND RACK. IF U NEED MORE LET ME KNOW

A Proud Member of:
    www.musclemag.com

Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I need to know one more thing. Which one do you prefer:

Chest/triceps
    back/biceps
    rest
    legs
    shoulders/traps

or

chest/shoulders
    back/traps
    rest
    legs
    arms

Also, all you need for squats is the rack and the barbell.

Talking

Chest/triceps
    back/biceps
    rest
    legs
    shoulders/traps

A Proud Member of:
    www.musclemag.com

OH YEAH, IM NOT TOOO FAT, I HAVE BROAD SHOULDERS WHICH GIVES ME A NICE APPERANCE

A Proud Member of:
    www.musclemag.com

Okay. In that case, here:

Chest/triceps
    Flat Bench press 3 sets
    Incline Dumbell press 3 sets
    Dips (leaning foward) or flat flyes 2 sets
    Close-grip bench press 3 sets
    Skull crushers 2 sets

Back/biceps
    Bent over barbell rows 3 sets
    Shoulder width pullups (palms facing foward and weighted if it can be done over 10 reps) 2 sets
    Deadlifts 3 sets
    Barbell Curls 3 sets
    Hammer Curls 2 sets

rest

Legs
    Squats3 sets
    Lunges 3 sets
    Hack squats 2 sets
    stiff legged deadlifts 2 sets
    Wieghted single leg calf raise 3 sets

Shoulders/traps
    Military press 3 sets
    Lateral Riases 2 sets
    Bent over lateral raises 2 sets
    Upright rows 2-3 sets
    Shrugs 3 sets

Keep posting if you have questions.

OKAY, EVERYTHING LOOKS GOOD. 1 QUESTION AND 1 COMMENT. I AM DOING 26 PULL UPS ALREADY, SHOULD I STILL KEEP THE PULL UPS AT 10 FOR 2 OR UP MY REPS. ALSO I FAILED TO TELL YOU I AM IN THE MARINES SO CARDIO IS NO STRANGER,

A Proud Member of:
    www.musclemag.com

Originally posted by coneytt
    OKAY, EVERYTHING LOOKS GOOD. 1 QUESTION AND 1 COMMENT. I AM DOING 26 PULL UPS ALREADY, SHOULD I STILL KEEP THE PULL UPS AT 10 FOR 2 OR UP MY REPS. ALSO I FAILED TO TELL YOU I AM IN THE MARINES SO CARDIO IS NO STRANGER,
    Pullups should be weighted if you can do 26. Belts you can add weight to are sold at sports stores and are cheap. I would suggest wearing a back pack or something, but some people find it hard on the back.

As for cardio, if you are doing a lot since you are in hte marines, start eating more.

Keep posting your questions .

OKAY, I AM IN NO RUSH, BUT ABOUT HOW LONG DO YOU THINK IT WILL TAKE ME TO GET RESULTS? ALSO LIKE MENTIONED EARLIER, I HAVE A VERY SMALL NECK, IT'S ONLY CLOSE TO 15 INCHES. WILL THESE WORK OUT HELP IT GET THICK OR WILL I NEED A HEAD STRAP FOR LIFTS???

A Proud Member of:
    www.musclemag.com

OKAY, I AM IN NO RUSH, BUT ABOUT HOW LONG DO YOU THINK IT WILL TAKE ME TO GET RESULTS? ALSO LIKE MENTIONED EARLIER, I HAVE A VERY SMALL NECK, IT'S ONLY CLOSE TO 15 INCHES. WILL THESE WORK OUT HELP IT GET THICK OR WILL I NEED A HEAD STRAP FOR LIFTS???
    If you are eating enough and getting enough sleep, you will start seeing improvements in two months. Remmember though, as you gain more, you must start eating more.

Heavy shrugs and deadlifts will really bring out your traps/neck. Try them and you eill see.

THANKS DUDE, I WILL START THIS TRAINING TOMMOROW. I HAVE TO GO TAKE SOME BEFORE PICS, WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT WORK OUT LOGS, GOOD OR BAD OR WAIST OF TIME?

A Proud Member of:
    www.musclemag.com

I ALSO THOUGHT IF YOU EAT MORE, YOU WILL GAIN ALOT OF FAT WEIGHT.. IT SEEMS IF I LOOK AT A BURGER I'LL GAIN FAT. I DO HAVE MY OWN COOK, BUT I CAN'T EAT ONLY STEAKS. SHOULD I STAY LOW ON CARBS AND FATS BUT HIGH ON PROTEIN OR MODERATE ON ALL?

A Proud Member of:
    www.musclemag.com

I ALSO THOUGHT IF YOU EAT MORE, YOU WILL GAIN ALOT OF FAT WEIGHT.. IT SEEMS IF I LOOK AT A BURGER I'LL GAIN FAT. I DO HAVE MY OWN COOK, BUT I CAN'T EAT ONLY STEAKS. SHOULD I STAY LOW ON CARBS AND FATS BUT HIGH ON PROTEIN OR MODERATE ON ALL?
    Carbs should be high. You can eat a lot, just keep them "clean" calories. Don't eat chocolate bars as a source of calories but something healthy like fruits. Just eat healthy.

Training logs are great. This way, you know what workouts worked best for you, the weights you used last time, and it will motivate you as you progress.

Thumbs up

THANKS DOG, I'VE BEEN ON THIS FORUM BEFORE AND I'VE SEEN YA NAME AROUND, AND I SEE YOU ARE ALWAYS GIVING SOME GOOD ADVISE. THANKS MUCH.. I WILL BE BACK ON IN A WEEK OR TWO TO TELL YA HOW IT'S COMING ALONG.. -PEACE

A Proud Member of:
    www.musclemag.com

THANKS DOG, I'VE BEEN ON THIS FORUM BEFORE AND I'VE SEEN YA NAME AROUND, AND I SEE YOU ARE ALWAYS GIVING SOME GOOD ADVISE. THANKS MUCH.. I WILL BE BACK ON IN A WEEK OR TWO TO TELL YA HOW IT'S COMING ALONG.. -PEACE
    No problem and yeah. Tell me how it goes. Also, be sure you are getting in whey protein and simpole carbs after your workouts. Good luck with the marines and peace out for now.

SYCHOKID,

HOW ABOUT CREATINE?????????? I WILL BE TAKING NITRO TECH PROTIEN, L GLUTAMINE, BCAA, MULTI VITAMINE....

A Proud Member of:
    www.musclemag.com

Creatine is good for bulking. I don't use it, but a lot of other people do and like it. If you can afford all those suplements, then creatine should be fine. Nitrotech protein and other things made by muscletech or what ever that company is called tends to be very expensive. If you can afford all this though, your fine.

Road_kill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sychokid, I want to ask you about ur shoulder workout
    Shoulders/traps
    Military press 3 sets
    Lateral Riases 2 sets
    Bent over lateral raises 2 sets
    Upright rows 2-3 sets

i'm having bad workouts lately, i think i'm doin em wrong
    how do u do lateral? is this how?
    http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...eralRaise.html
    for bent over lateral raise do u mean this?
    and upright rows
    do u use that more for traps or for shoulders?

i want to give urs a try, my shoulder workout, i don't feel mucch
    Jack off while u still got time

chris008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chris008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chris008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chris008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chris008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chris008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chris008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chris008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chris008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chris008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chris008 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hey Roadkill you are correct with the link for the exercises you ask for. As for upright row I don't do them because it hurts my wrists. If you want to do Upright Rows try them with dumbells.

As for Shoulders never sore try this
    Military press 3 sets
    Dumbell press 2 sets

Lateral Riases 2 sets...this is how I do them
    Dumbell - 20lbs 8 reps, 25lbs 8 reps, 30lbs 8 reps then go back down 25lbs 8 reps, 20lbs 8 reps, 15lbs until I get dizzy
    That was one set. Rest and do another set like that. Use weight that is good for you and do each rep nice and controlled.

Last exercise Bent over lateral raises 2 sets

Hope this helps my shoulders are screaming after this workout
    DA MAN!

I'll be glad to help . Lateral raises have to be done with a straight back. I like that sight, but a lot of the exercises on that website are done with bad form (cheat reps usually). Those are bent over laterals sitting down. The one I meant was:

I use upright rows more of a close-grip then a wide grip. It's an overall good exercise and also a great transititon from shoulders to traps.