Thread: Pushups

matt6269 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pushups

Hi,

I'm new on this messageboard and it looks truly amazing. I've been working out for about a year now. I'm 15 years old and weight 145 pounds. I do a lot of bench pressing at the gym but when I'm home, I do mostly push ups. Are push ups good for my chest ? If not, what would you suggere me to do at home ?

Thanks,
    Matt

neanderthal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    welcome matt. sure pushups r good for your chest, but r you looking for size, just toning, etc?
    neanderthal

"its hamburger time"

"losers always whine about their best, winners go home and f*** the prom queen" - sean connery

I'm mostly looking for size. I'd like to have a well defined chest. But besides push ups and bench press, do you know any other good exercices that I could do at home or at the gym ?

Best,
    Matt

neanderthal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    there are tons more exercises that u could prolly do at your gym. like incline bench press, decline bench presses, flies, cable crossovers and the list goes on. but at home if u dont have a bench press i suppose pushups are about the only thing you could do. i'd have someone sit on your back to add extra resistance.
    neanderthal

"its hamburger time"

"losers always whine about their best, winners go home and f*** the prom queen" - sean connery

nac77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What about doing dips between two chairs?

SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by nac77
    What about doing dips between two chairs?
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle."

Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Dips between chairs are good at home. also, decline pushups make normal pushups harder. Another way to do a harder pushup is to put your feet on one chair and each arm on seperate chairs. I hope you are training your other muscles too.
    The Beginner's Guide to Bodybuilding

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101841

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can find many chest excercises here

http://exrx.net/Lists/ExList/ChestWt.html

Hope this helps!

Bignbuff

Thanks a lot guys for all these advices. And to answer Sychokid, of course I'm training all my other muscles.

Best,
    Matt

Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sychokid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by matt6269
    Thanks a lot guys for all these advices. And to answer Sychokid, of course I'm training all my other muscles.

Best,
    Matt
    Just making sure becaue when people usually start out, they only work their biceps and chests everyday. Im a little curios though. How many times do you workout your chest a week?
    The Beginner's Guide to Bodybuilding

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101841

3 times usually

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by matt6269
    3 times usually
    Big, no no. Chest should only be worked once a week!