Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Training rear delts the day after back?

I realize that your rear delts get a certain degree of stimulation from my back movements, rows, chin ups, pulldowns, etc.. I currently train shoulders/abdominals the day after back.

Just curious if anyone had any insight as to wether this would tend to be overtraining?

My current split:

Monday - Chest + Triceps
    Tuesday - Legs
    Wednesday - Back + Biceps
    Thursday - Deltoids + Abdominals
    Fri/Sat/Sun: Rest + a little cardio

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Orthodox
    I realize that your rear delts get a certain degree of stimulation from my back movements, rows, chin ups, pulldowns, etc.. I currently train shoulders/abdominals the day after back.

Just curious if anyone had any insight as to wether this would tend to be overtraining?

My current split:

Monday - Chest + Triceps
    Tuesday - Legs
    Wednesday - Back + Biceps
    Thursday - Deltoids + Abdominals
    Fri/Sat/Sun: Rest + a little cardio
    I have ALWAYS done shoulders after back. Whether on a 3 way split or a 1 BP per day.

Your rear delts are so small, it would be EXTREMELY unlikely that you could do ANYTHING to overtrain them (remember, overtraining is nervous system event largely-you overtrain doing LARGE muscles and exercises, not small ones-think "wrist curls" vs. "deadlifts".)

Don't worry about it.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) strawser9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Defiant1
    I have ALWAYS done shoulders after back. Whether on a 3 way split or a 1 BP per day.

Your rear delts are so small, it would be EXTREMELY unlikely that you could do ANYTHING to overtrain them (remember, overtraining is nervous system event largely-you overtrain doing LARGE muscles and exercises, not small ones-think "wrist curls" vs. "deadlifts".)

Don't worry about it.

same here! never had a problem!
    --I'm afraid of what I don't believe in--

Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Orthodox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awsome.. thanks guys.