drc10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drc10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How's my post/workout shake look?

8oz water
    2oz skim milk
    1 scoop BSN syntha 6
    1/2 cup oats
    1/2 banana
    2 strawberries
    1tbsp peanutbutter
    couple ice cubes

slash347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slash347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slash347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slash347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slash347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slash347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slash347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slash347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slash347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slash347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slash347 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Here is my opinion and I'm positive someone will disagree:

1. I do not like the idea of anything but whey in my PWO shake. I prefer hydrolysates while some prefer isolates. I like hydrolysates because they survive digestion better than free-from aminos, and are quicker digesting than intact proteins.

You have some casein in there from the milk and the Syntha 6.

2. The fats from the peanut butter will slow digestion, which is not what you want. You want it digested quickly post workout.

3. I do not like fructose period, especially in my pwo shake. Some like it for replinishing liver glycogen, I don't like it because I have read many places that fructose is readily stored as bodyfat.

4. Some prefer oats as the CHO source, I prefer dextrose. That's a controversy on this board. Dextrose gives the quickest insulin spike.

Here's my pwo shake, take it for what it's worth. I'm sure someone will attack it.

50 g whey hydrolysates + isolates
    80 g dextrose
    10 g leucine
    10 g creatine monohydrate

I like to keep it simple, and it works for me.

Azorean Iron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azorean Iron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by slash347
    Here is my opinion and I'm positive someone will disagree:

1. I do not like the idea of anything but whey in my PWO shake. I prefer hydrolysates while some prefer isolates. I like hydrolysates because they survive digestion better than free-from aminos, and are quicker digesting than intact proteins.

You have some casein in there from the milk and the Syntha 6.

2. The fats from the peanut butter will slow digestion, which is not what you want. You want it digested quickly post workout.

3. I do not like fructose period, especially in my pwo shake. Some like it for replinishing liver glycogen, I don't like it because I have read many places that fructose is readily stored as bodyfat.

4. Some prefer oats as the CHO source, I prefer dextrose. That's a controversy on this board. Dextrose gives the quickest insulin spike.

Here's my pwo shake, take it for what it's worth. I'm sure someone will attack it.

50 g whey hydrolysates + isolates
    80 g dextrose
    10 g leucine
    10 g creatine monohydrate

I like to keep it simple, and it works for me.
    I'm not replying to disagree, just to make one (my) adjustment:
    I take out the leucine and the creatine, and put one teaspoon of glutamine.
    The creatine (CEE) for me comes before the workout.
    But it woks for you and i respect that.
    Just like this one works for me.