semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) semper27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Drying Out for Show

Just want to know what other people on the board have experienced as far as the amount of water lost when drying out for a show. A guy I know from my gym lost 13 lbs of water during his final prep week and came in very tight and sharp.
    NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Plan-Execute-DESTROY

-Mediocrity is NOT an Option-

Big Will C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big Will C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big Will C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big Will C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big Will C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big Will C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big Will C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big Will C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big Will C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big Will C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Big Will C has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm sure this will vary from person to person depending on water/sodium intake during the weeks leading up to the show. Ask me again after Sept 30 and I'll tell you my experience (using Layne's services).

CSCS, CPT, WNBF Pro Cytrainer913's Avatar
    Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Naturally??

using duiretics, or depleting water, not good if done the wrong way, and your muscles have a real good shot of losing water as well???

Read my whole peak week and see what i am doing using no diuretics(herbal or presribed), no potassium, sodium kept higher and then dropped a bit at the end, water high all the way through!

WNBF Georgia Pro show, right here near this post! It will follow protocols very close to what Layne would suggest!

RoadPrincess Biker Mamma rayteresa4's Avatar
    rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Cytrainer913
    using duiretics, or depleting water, not good if done the wrong way, and your muscles have a real good shot of losing water as well???

Read my whole peak week and see what i am doing using no diuretics(herbal or presribed), no potassium, sodium kept higher and then dropped a bit at the end, water high all the way through!

WNBF Georgia Pro show, right here near this post! It will follow protocols very close to what Layne would suggest!

Do you follow Dr. Joe? Sounds like it from what I have read of your peak week etc...
    rayteresa4
    INBF Promotor/Director/Competitor
    www.unitedfitness.org - Wa. State Contest Information

34 - mother of 2
    5'7"
    Goal
    120-125lb for Comp.
    6-8% BF

With A Shield About Me - ALL Things Are Possible
    Blinders on, Eyes Forward, Running ALL the WAY to the END!

Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Perfect Peaking right here!

You got it, all Dr. Joe and I have used his ways and created my own little business for contest dieting prep online! I have attained a very good base following through one of the best natural websites out there, and its free to join, called www.theocbwebsite.com ! It gives me something to do over the summer besides training clients out of my house and fills my void of no paychecks over the summer as I am a PE teacher!

These styles of contest prep will go very similarly to how Layne's big article above sets up the whole diet and contest prep thing! These 2 guys have really revolutonized a new way of looking at natural contest prep and it seems to be the most healthy way I have ever seen anyone get ready for a show w/o putting themselves in some kind of danger! I have used Dr. Joe since 2002 and will continue to do so and after every show I have done with him, all i have to say, is wow! It really does work and wipes out many of the old school ways of contest prep(quackery)!
    Last edited by Cytrainer913; 07-25-2006 at 01:16 PM.

rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Cytrainer913
    You got it, all Dr. Joe and I have used his ways and created my own little business for contest dieting prep online! I have attained a very good base following through one of the best natural websites out there, and its free to join, called www.theocbwebsite.com ! It gives me something to do over the summer besides training clients out of my house and fills my void of no paychecks over the summer as I am a PE teacher!
    Way cool! Dr. Joe is awesome - my trainer uses him for her contest prep as well, and consults him for those of us she trains. I read his articles and such from his website, and soak in as much as I can. I will have to go to the other website you mentioned and check it out. I am two weeks and four days from my first show. Here in Washington - Promoted by Kevin and Denise James (maybe you know them). They are my trainers (she is). I am looking pretty good - have about 6 pounds to loose before then...may not get to have a carb up peak week, may only be fore a couple of days - my body is hanging on to things like crazy...fighting me every step of the way, but I know it will get easier.

You might see Denise atthe GA show - she should be there by now...flew out this morning so as to minimize the water retention from flying...she is so ripped - this will be her second pro show...she placed tird in the Texas show.

Anyway, god luck in GA - have fun.

~T~
    rayteresa4

34 - mother of 2
    5'7"
    Goal
    120-125lb for Comp.
    6-8% BF

good luck to you as well

Teresa,
    keep on that diet and hit that cardio, cause it sounds like you are going to need to shoc that body right now! Maybe one more really low low carb week before hitting that last week(Peak Week) before the show!

Yup - 2 to 2 1/2 hours of cardio a day plus my weights, and fairly low calories right now...things are coming off for sure, and I am seeing more change now than I was a week ago even, but I am working harder than most might at this point - I know i will improve with each competition. I plan on coming in leaner five weeks after this show as well for the NPC Ironman...then I will bulk...I look forward to hearing your results from the show...thoughts are with you.
    rayteresa4

34 - mother of 2
    5'7"
    Goal
    120-125lb for Comp.
    6-8% BF

adamread123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adamread123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adamread123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adamread123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adamread123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adamread123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adamread123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adamread123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adamread123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adamread123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adamread123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I lost 13 to 15 pounds of water b4 my show but think i came in to flat......although i look sharp as hell!
    But i was over doing eat 3 to 4 hours of cardio and only 2000 kcals wont be doing that again lol