taoofjord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taoofjord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I have very little energy with my bulking diet - what could be the potential problems

I asked this in a thread on another subject and was told that it's possible I may be carb sensitive and I should lower carbs and raise fat. With all do respect to that guy, I'd like to hear some other opinions on the potential problems. Also, I know I have a small amount of vegetables but do I really need to add more? Why?

5'5", 136lbs

My bulking diet:

Calories - 3193
    Protein - 313g - 42%
    Carbohydrates- 296g - 40%
    Fat – 64g - 18%

8:00
    1) Breakfast
    Egg whites - 120g
    1% Milk - 250g
    On Whey - 20g
    Purely O’s - 40g
    With Blueberries – 25g
    Peanut Butter (1 tbsp) - 16g
    Multi-vitamin – 1 pill

11:00
    2) Pre-workout
    Oscar Mayer Turkey – 5 Slices - 140 g
    Ezekiel Whole Grain Bread – 2 ½ slices – 85g
    Blueberries – 72g
    Milk 1% - 122g
    Olive Oil (less than 1 tbsp) - 10g
    Fish Oil – 1 Teaspoon - 10g

Or

Protein Bar – 1
    Fish Oil – 1 Teaspoon – 10g

12:00 Work out

1:00
    3) Post-workout
    Whey Protein (with water) - 50g
    Banana (large) - 130g
    Steel-cut Oats (uncooked) - 20g of raw, uncooked oats

2:00
    4) Meal 4
    Tuna - 100g
    Ezekiel Whole Grain Bread – 2 slices - 68g
    Red Pepper raw, chopped - 82g
    Peanut Butter – 1 Tablespoon – 16g

5:00
    5) Dinner
    Chicken (boneless, skinless, boiled) - 140g
    Sweet Potato – 200g
    Olive Oil (less than 1 tbsp) - 10g
    Multi-Vitamin – 1 Pill

8:00
    6) Second Dinner
    Tuna - 125g
    Apple (large) - 212g
    1% Milk - 250g

Or

Protein Bar – 1

11:00
    7) Late night snack
    Whey Protein – 50g
    1% Milk - 100g
    Peanut Butter – 1 Tablespoon - 16g

taoofjord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) taoofjord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    can anyone help please?

Branded has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Branded has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Branded has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Branded has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Branded has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Branded has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Branded has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Branded has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Branded has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Branded has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Branded has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    When do you not have much energy? All day? Just at certain times?

Perhaps the problem isn't diet-related.
    -How much sleep are you gettings?
    -What is your training routine like?
    -Are you taking any other supplements during the day?

Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think you need to take a look at your cardio/activity levels (if you have any) and your amount of sleep you get before your diet.
    I've still got a lot to learn.

Originally Posted by Khryz
    I think you need to take a look at your cardio/activity levels (if you have any) and your amount of sleep you get before your diet.

I do ZERO cardio so that could definately be it. I get plenty of sleep though.

I always thought that when I was bulking it would be pointless to do cardio since I'd just have to eat MORE food to gain what I lost when running. But maybe I'll do it to improve my energy levels.

Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Khryz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by taoofjord
    I do ZERO cardio so that could definately be it. I get plenty of sleep though.

I always thought that when I was bulking it would be pointless to do cardio since I'd just have to eat MORE food to gain what I lost when running. But maybe I'll do it to improve my energy levels.
    Avoiding physical activity and cardio is a great way to get fat and gain less muscle. Cardio not only aids in curtailing future fat storage, but it also helps you reduce stress (very important), and increase insulin sensitivity (among others pending the cardio intensity). Insulin resistance is what makes your body more likely to store your excess calories as fat.

Trust me, do cardio! It could be anything from 4-6 days a week of low intensity walking or 1-3 times a week of higher intensity cardio sessions that would help with your muscle gain process as well as energy. How are you going to be able to workout at maximum intensity if you don't have enough energy to walk up the stairs without losing your breath?
    I've still got a lot to learn.

Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    have you ever had an eating disorder, or ate very little for an extended period of time?

gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gobluevw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Branded
    When do you not have much energy? All day? Just at certain times?

Perhaps the problem isn't diet-related.
    -How much sleep are you gettings?
    -What is your training routine like?
    -Are you taking any other supplements during the day?
    I'm going to agree here, that diet looks like you've got your bases covered. Are you following it as you have listed, or do you miss meals some days?