hayaku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can ez curl bar be used to do bench press, deadlift and squats?

Can it be used same like the barbell, will it have the same effect?

passerby is on a distinguished road. (+10) passerby is on a distinguished road. (+10) passerby is on a distinguished road. (+10) passerby is on a distinguished road. (+10) passerby is on a distinguished road. (+10) passerby is on a distinguished road. (+10) passerby is on a distinguished road. (+10) passerby is on a distinguished road. (+10) passerby is on a distinguished road. (+10) passerby is on a distinguished road. (+10) passerby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sure, I can't see why not.
    UCLA Class of '09

Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Chipman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Most EZ curls do not fit on bench presses well so be careful or you will lose your front teeth or get your neck broke. Not kidding about the neck thing someone gets strangled or a broken neck each year from mistakes on the bar.

Bottom line your body doesn't give a big rats ass whether or not the bar is bent or straight so if you can get it on your back you can squat with it.

Now, do I think it's a good idea and the answer is no. It's silly! Just use the straight bar it has proven itself as the best way to do the exercises so fix whatever problem you have that is making you want to use an EZ bar.
    I am sure if you explain why you are wanting to use it that way someone can help you figure out a way to do it with the correct bar.
    HuH?

Badass in Training *supermomma*'s Avatar
    *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *supermomma* will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I use an EZ bar for deadlifts but not for squats or bench presses. I use it partly because it allows me to get a little more distance off the floor with lighter weight (because I am not yet DLing 45 lb plates on an Oly barbell) and also seems to be easier to grip.

I think it would be dangerous to bench with--it won't fit the safeties. Same goes for squatting--if you need to ditch the bar on a tough set, you run the risk of one side falling off the safety and falling on you--not fun.
    Friends don't let friends use pink dumbbells.

admin @ realbodiestraining.com

Registered User BrofessorAtWork's Avatar
    BrofessorAtWork is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrofessorAtWork is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrofessorAtWork is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrofessorAtWork is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrofessorAtWork is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrofessorAtWork is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrofessorAtWork is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrofessorAtWork is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrofessorAtWork is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrofessorAtWork is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrofessorAtWork is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I use ez for bench press, it hits my chest better and works tri's partly, first excercise after is skullcrushers so why not. It's all personal preference

beardohio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beardohio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beardohio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beardohio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beardohio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beardohio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beardohio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beardohio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beardohio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beardohio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) beardohio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BrofessorAtWork View Post
    I use ez for bench press, it hits my chest better and works tri's partly, first excercise after is skullcrushers so why not. It's all personal preference
    Pro Tip: check the date of the thread before responding.

07-24-2006, 07:07 AM

Welcome to the forums.
    Beard

Fierce 5 Novice Program
    Workout Journal (paused):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169833523

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sure you can use it for those.
    Is it the ideal bar? Maybe not but if thats what you have then go for it.
    Squats might be kind of tricky with the bar on your back.
    Just curious why don't you get a straight bar and preferably an olympic type bar?