eastcoastnjdc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

metabolic diet/fat burning question

First off, I am new here. So hello to everyone. Hope i can both help out and learn here.

I am currently on the metabolic diet, and need help burning more bodyfat. I am currently deployed right now, so I eat something different every day, but if you are not familiar with the metabolic diet, it is basically a low carb/high fat diet, that gets your body burning fat instead of carbs and helps maintain muscle. I just got on a night shift but my day shift diet went something like this:

get up 4:00 - protein shake
    workout 4:30
    breakfast 5:30 - bacon, egg white omlette w/ cheese, 4 hard boiled eggs
    8:30 - protein shake
    lunch 11:30 - some sort of meat ie. hamburger/chicken (depending on what they are serving) big helping of tuna
    2:30/3 - protein shake
    dinner 5:00 - bascially same thing as lunch
    8:00 - protein shake

weekends are carb loading days, i still take in a ton of protein just mad carbs.

I'm doing pretty good on this diet, seeing a definate increase in muscle mass, i have no clue what my body fat is right now, (i am 5'6 and weigh about 155) but i pretty much only have fat around my gut and my sides. I do cardio 1-2 times a day. Mainly I am wondering if anyone else has ever done this diet and the best way to increase fat loss is. I was told that when you get off this diet you gain fat for about a month because your body has to get used to not burning fat as much. I would try a different diet but this is pretty much the best diet i can go on out here in the desert. Food is limited to what i can eat at the chow hall. Any input would be appreciated. The two pictures I included are from May, before i went on this diet. So i have a little more muscle now and a little less fat, but its the only pictures i have. My upper abs are showing and there is very little fat there now but my lower abs have some fat. Would you guys reccomend I start cutting? I dont want to lose any of the muscle mass i have right now and i want to continue my weightlifting as normal. I dont know what sort of diet change I could do that would help me increase my fat loss and keep my muscle.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by eastcoastnjdc; 07-23-2006 at 03:59 PM.

eastcoastnjdc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    anyone?